Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Have tech questions? Will answer.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2021, 01:58 AM   #1921
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Have tech questions? Will answer.

there are many things in a motor that factor into power. Size is a big one, magnet strength and the number of poles. the size of the windings or the amount of copper in the motor.

For example the HH trailmaster 540 vs the magnum 540.
one motor is $15 and the other is $150 but you get about twice the power in the same size package.

you will hear it a lot but dont buy into it. "Higher turns is more torque"

If you want more power a 21t 3 slot is about as good as it gets for brushed power. put that on 4s and get smaller pinion gears and larger spur gears
Even a $15 dollar motor will have plenty of power and crawling ability.
Power doesn't need to be expensive.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2021, 03:10 PM   #1922
Quarry Creeper

This is likely not a good comparison but I recently built a capra and put a HH 16t crawl master sport 540 in it. I also found another motor from the parts pile that is a skewed 3 slot 35t. Everything I've seen puts these in being about the same. I'm just wondering if the 5 slot is still better than a skewed 3 slot or would it not matter?
Hypn0t1q79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:19 PM   #1923
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypn0t1q79 View Post
This is likely not a good comparison but I recently built a capra and put a HH 16t crawl master sport 540 in it. I also found another motor from the parts pile that is a skewed 3 slot 35t. Everything I've seen puts these in being about the same. I'm just wondering if the 5 slot is still better than a skewed 3 slot or would it not matter?
They could be about the same, skewed and extra slots are both ways of weakening the magnetic field which improve startup and reduces torque.
I believe its easier and cheaper to use extra slots to get the same effect.
Old 02-11-2022, 10:21 PM   #1924
Rock Crawler

necro time, but I think this thread also deserves to be anyway.

not technically a crawler question, I dusted off my Pro-MT 4x4 the other day and took it for a rip. my ESC (Mamba X) is hitting thermal cutoff while my motor is still pretty chill (ESC is 160°f while motor is 108°f). Can I fix this with a gearing change or should I also switch from 3S to 4S?
MasteroFlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 05:53 AM   #1925
I wanna be Dave

Check that the esc fan still works. The bec and high kv switching speeds heat up the esc.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2022, 05:18 PM   #1926
Rock Crawler

yes, the fan is still working
MasteroFlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 07:28 AM   #1927
Rock Stacker

Did some searching but didn’t find what I needed…..getting back into crawling and want to upgrade the esc and motor in my old Honcho. I have a brand new Sidewinder 3 and am interested in running a HH Revolver…any input on this combo? Looks like most run sw4 or mamba, but I am a baller on a budget.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Marc P; 03-01-2022 at 07:44 AM.
Marc P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:43 AM   #1928
Quarry Creeper

I've run a SW4 with a 2500kv revolver along with a Mamba X Micro with the same motor and can't really tell one from the other. I would pick up the kv you feel comfortable with and try it with your SW3. You won't be disappointed, IMO.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 02:48 PM   #1929
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc P View Post
Did some searching but didn’t find what I needed…..getting back into crawling and want to upgrade the esc and motor in my old Honcho. I have a brand new Sidewinder 3 and am interested in running a HH Revolver…any input on this combo? Looks like most run sw4 or mamba, but I am a baller on a budget.

[IMG][/IMG]

The revolver doesn’t play that well with a SW3, but is incredible with the SW4. Reason is totally different firmware from castle on these two .

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 12:45 AM   #1930
I wanna be Dave

The hardware is much different. Sw4 and mamba x series are all fairly close hardware. Sw3 is an older generation that can't sense back emf as well.

SW3 will have a rough startup.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2022, 07:06 AM   #1931

Hi all, i hope this is the right place for my question, if not please move it accordingly.
I recently got a cahrger skyrc e680, i need to charge some 6 cell, 7.2 nihm batteries. It says that we can define the voltage (not the Amps) that charger will use to charge the batteries.

Is this really true? Anyone knows how to set the output voltage? At this moments i wasn't able to find how to set up charging voltage.

Many thanks all
Wishses of nice rides
Dr_Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:29 AM   #1932

hello i'm thinking changing axe550 3300kv (current) to mamba x + hh puller pro 3300kv or 3800 will i feel the difference after changing esc or just same to same ? ps i'm new to rc world and also new to crawl cars

heard mamba has lots of settings to go but loud compared to axe but mamba has more power in bec and in dragbrake too i wish to compare in real world but just have trx6 hw axe system

will the changing worth or just recommend not changing as both are highend specs so just same to same for rc crawler newbie?

thanks for watching my comment
AndyMoswag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 08:10 PM   #1933
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoswag View Post
hello i'm thinking changing axe550 3300kv (current) to mamba x + hh puller pro 3300kv or 3800 will i feel the difference after changing esc or just same to same ? ps i'm new to rc world and also new to crawl cars

heard mamba has lots of settings to go but loud compared to axe but mamba has more power in bec and in dragbrake too i wish to compare in real world but just have trx6 hw axe system

will the changing worth or just recommend not changing as both are highend specs so just same to same for rc crawler newbie?

thanks for watching my comment
Actually the axe has a better drag brake (hard for me to admit, as I'm not a fan of that system) the axe for sure has less torque, but if you are a scaler guy, it's a fine system. Yes the caslte is louder then the axe system, heck its louder then any other esc that I've seen. So yeah you'll be able to tell the difference between the two. If you want more snap for jumping gaps and hill climbs and what not, it's worth it. And the caslte escs have an aux wire you can hook up to go from forward/ reverse to forward/brake/ reverse when you lower the drag brake setting from your remote (or shift into 2nd), which is really nice to have when on the trails. For me that option makes this the best combo. But as i mentioned before, for strictly scale crawling, there's no reason to spend the extra money that can go to other upgrades that would benifit scale crawling more. So it's all about your intended use. Personally out of all my setups, the mamba x with the puller pro 3500kv geared for a final ratio of about 75:1 is my favorite combo.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 12:31 AM   #1934

thanks man i waited for someone to reply my ask saw ur reply now finally!!
just chilling between axe and mamba +puller pro sys guess i won't change for sure (maybe atleast for this year or new esc comes out!! lol)

hope axe come again with more advanced esc or mamba too

just thinking getting custom rc build in future and maybe that time i will go to not axe other esc as mamba and puller pro or another new products for more advanced settings

thanks for reply dude
AndyMoswag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 05:05 PM   #1935

Does this look right? I'm a complete noob so I got the pre soldered CM V2 from Delux.

Red and black BEC wires to the main leads on the CM.
HH RX bypass adapter connected to the BEC and CM.
Not sure what the JST is for tbh

I just want to confirm before I solder anything.

Running this with a SHV650 and Reefs 300IS. Obviously the SHV650 gets powered off the battery, but BEC for the 300IS.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by killbo_baggins; 08-20-2022 at 05:09 PM.
killbo_baggins is offline   Reply With Quote

Have tech questions? Will answer. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
suspension tech questions. Gen3_Teg_88 General Crawlers 9 07-13-2018 08:29 AM
axle tech questions 808eng_rc Multi Axle Rigs 4 11-07-2013 02:08 PM
(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 3483 02-05-2013 09:08 PM
2 stupid newbie questions needs answer Mysterious Axial XR10 21 06-18-2012 09:22 AM
? Who has the answer to thes questions ? mik236 Team Losi Comp Crawler 12 05-23-2010 02:40 PM