Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: HELP! troubleshooting..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default HELP! troubleshooting..

HH BLE Pro- Rok412 3100Kv- FlySky GR3F(GT3C)

Always has been a solid rig, not much has gone wrong in the past year and afew months ive owned this used rig. until now. Ive tried searching, with no luck, so maybe this will help me pinpoint things. or maybe you can help with some guidance to better search results.

here goes:
so, i turn it on, it beeps, but never gives me the '2 beep pattern' to signify i am on 2S power. This leaves me with only Servo control, no Channel2...

If I swap Channel1 with Channel2 it connects as should be and functions fine(obviously throttle controls steering and the steering controls throttle)
switch them back, and it wont give me motor control.

So, i tried to rebind, now the ESC gives me zero beeps, nothing.

My opinion is a receiver issue! However, i cannot get a brand new receiver to bind either. I have a third receiver, but id like to wait before touching that one.

Am i missing something due to my ignorance of this hobby?
or do i have a failed part?

thanks yall.
SurfinStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2017, 12:53 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: HELP! troubleshooting..

First make sure your channel 2 settings are 0 expo, 100% travel, and try again, the way you mention that if you use your steering 1 channel it arms the esc, makes me beleive you have something out of whack on channel 2.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
First make sure your channel 2 settings are 0 expo, 100% travel, and try again, the way you mention that if you use your steering 1 channel it arms the esc, makes me beleive you have something out of whack on channel 2.
I would find it unusual that settings got adjusted while just sitting on the shelf, however, i will not take my opinion for that. ill check that out and report back shortly. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:33 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
Testing. Everything looked good. Expo O, E.P. 100% both directions.

And I'd like to make it noted, I do not get any beeps what so ever from the ESC when I give it power now.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2017, 04:14 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Check if your receiver antenna is touching anything metal or carbon. I've had FlySky receivers do a lot of weird things. Once my magnetic pit mat was enough to make it not bind or function when it was bound. They're very sensitive to interference with that radio. It's the only flaw I've found in the FlySky system.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
Check if your receiver antenna is touching anything metal or carbon. I've had FlySky receivers do a lot of weird things. Once my magnetic pit mat was enough to make it not bind or function when it was bound. They're very sensitive to interference with that radio. It's the only flaw I've found in the FlySky system.
No dice. Installed, or during my testing uninstalled, it does not have the opportunity to touch anything.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Maybe try a throttle recalibrate?
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:19 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

When you plug the battery in, what leds light or blink ?
Sounds as if it’s not bound, set all parameters on the TX to zero.
Now bind watching your leds.

Follow here for codes
https://rogershobbycenter.com/castle...shootingguide/

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:04 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
When you plug the battery in, what leds light or blink ?
Sounds as if it’s not bound, set all parameters on the TX to zero.

Follow here for codes

Hang up and Drive
When I get off my butt this AM ill test this out, as you have expressed and report back. As well as confirm which leds are illuminated.

I 'believe' the rx is flashing and the esc flashes RED. (Rx flashing, now indicates its unbound- this is a newer event than my original post, this happened since I have been tinkering)
(Not to confuse anyone, but I believe it is in neutral the esc is red flashing; if i give it throttle it goes solid green, reverse throttle goes solid red- but no actual function happens either direction)

But to keep things clear, I will set my settings to zero and try to rebind everything.

My ignorance sure makes me feel like I am simply chasing my tail. Haha...

Old 11-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post

Follow here for codes

Hang up and Drive
Great link, I was searching for what the lights indicate but couldnt find this information for my esc. Very nice, Thanks!

Old 11-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I agree with everything mike said, but one thing I had happen on my last ESC was the exact same thing you had originally. I found that when initially trying to arm it, it would not do the second set of beeps but if I pulled the trigger slightly backwards very slowly, all of the sudden it armed and was ready(it also tried to take off when I released the throttle lol) I then tried numerous ways to fix that but none worked. In the end it was either get another ESC or set my throttle expo to the point it would then be neutral( I have the flysky gt3c) then all was fine. If pulling the trigger slowly backwards doesn't work, try forwards as well...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Maybe try a throttle recalibrate?
At neutral, should be yellow. Then green for forward and red for reverse.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:47 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
I agree with everything mike said, but one thing I had happen on my last ESC was the exact same thing you had originally. I found that when initially trying to arm it, it would not do the second set of beeps but if I pulled the trigger slightly backwards very slowly, all of the sudden it armed and was ready(it also tried to take off when I released the throttle lol) I then tried numerous ways to fix that but none worked. In the end it was either get another ESC or set my throttle expo to the point it would then be neutral( I have the flysky gt3c) then all was fine. If pulling the trigger slowly backwards doesn't work, try forwards as well...
So, if I understand this correctly; change my % to when it "believes its neutral" wether its at zero or not.

Just hopped out of the shower, ill report back in about an hour.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:05 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

yup, that is correct, forwards or backwards, depending on which way it is off...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Remember bind first, calibrate second . Follow the leds, you’ll do fine

Hang up and Drive
Old 11-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Not to insult your intelligence, but are you doing the bind procedure correctly? Insert bind plug into receiver port's bind pins, turn on receiver, turn Tx on while holding bind, turn both off when receiver LED is solid & remove bind plug.

Did it seem to have the same angle of turning when you swapped throttle & steering? I'm curious if your trigger may be not be working 100%. ESC's generally won't "arm" until the stick is put into neutral.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Holmes BLE doesn’t calibrate until bound. Flashing red says bind.
Flysky seems to be errattic on setup, the binding is the most important, so do it by the manual
Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 11-07-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:27 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrocarbon92 View Post
Not to insult your intelligence, but are you doing the bind procedure correctly? Insert bind plug into receiver port's bind pins, turn on receiver, turn Tx on while holding bind, turn both off when receiver LED is solid & remove bind plug.

Did it seem to have the same angle of turning when you swapped throttle & steering? I'm curious if your trigger may be not be working 100%. ESC's generally won't "arm" until the stick is put into neutral.
No insult taken. I understand my ignorance in RC, so, i understood this could be as simple as me not having the correct procedure. however, I did track down the manual and followed it step by step, as i did a year ago, setting up the exact same Rx.. So, the more i tried with failure, the more confident I became that i did it correctly.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post

Nailed it!! Finally grabbed the rig from the basement and tested this out, after rebinding. This is the answer. thanks for the help walking me through this! cant wait to get back on the rocks.

and the link to what the lights indicate is priceless. bookmarked.

Now, You state either adjust my expo(easy) OR get a new ESC? Can you explain why you say a new ESC and not a new radio?
My opinion would be that its in the radio itself, so i am curious how to learn why you suggest that a new ESC would be the fix.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:54 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

https://holmeshobbies.com/downloads/...structions.pdf

following these calibration instructions; will this clear this issue all together?
or am i still misunderstanding?

HELP! troubleshooting.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith Troubleshooting help 5150jeep Axial Wraith 8 07-28-2015 09:28 AM
Help troubleshooting please Arnel Electronics 5 12-09-2013 01:42 PM
FlySky troubleshooting WAM Electronics 10 06-11-2012 07:33 AM
Need help troubleshooting cavecrawler Electronics 6 02-22-2011 10:03 AM