Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Glitching with Savox IP67

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #1

Default Glitching with Savox IP67

Just finished my sons bomber today, everything seems to work well, except for the steering servo glitching.

I've read about these servos being known for glitching, I'm curious if it's also my equipment combination and I assume the solution.... if I do keep the servo, will be possibly based on my equipment.

It seems that if I grab the plastic roll cage, it will glitch and pretty much move to almost full right.

What I'm running is a Spektrum Dx5C, Savox IP67, and a Quicrun 1080 crawler ESC.

I'm an Airtronics servo guy by heart, but was looking to save a few $$ and try this one since its my sons first crawler and the servo is right up front. I figure if he runs into something, I wont be out a $120 servo.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...nt=26223842568

Savox SW0231MG STD Waterproof Digital Servo

Based on that, I dont know if a glitch buster is the best option.

Also, looking for recommendations for a good servo saver?
adauphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2018, 08:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Glitching with Savox IP67

Spectrum are well known for glitching with power-hungry servos, they're also known to provide less than adequate signal so the problems magnify. A glitch buster would help a power issue, but the 1080's bec is fairly powerful so I doubt it. Another user recently posted using a Spektrum signal booster and that solved an issue he had with a HiTec and Spektrum combo.

Honestly if push comes to shove, you'd be better spending $120 on a new radio than a new servo.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #3

I'm running the BEC @6V, would bumping to 7.2, or 7.4V, don't remember the exact voltage, help any? I don't know if the Savox can take the extra voltage.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:08 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adauphin View Post
I'm running the BEC @6V, would bumping to 7.2, or 7.4V, don't remember the exact voltage, help any? I don't know if the Savox can take the extra voltage.
6 Volt should be maximum, more voltage will hurt shorten your servo life
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
6 Volt should be maximum, more voltage will hurt shorten your servo life
Ok, copy that.

So is this more of a Spektrum thing or the Savox as far as glitching? I could always try a PM470 but I didn't know Spektrum was glitch prone.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:41 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

It's mostly a Spektrum thing. The guy I mentioned previous swapped radios and the issue disappeared (before trying the booster). Savox tends to use more power for a given torque/speed rating which can cause brown-outs, but Spektrum has very poor tolerance to brown-outs and very weak output signals vs any other brand. Anyone that chimes in noting never having a problem would highlight they also have spotty quality control.

Higher voltage would be okay to test. A user here quoted a Savox support person telling them all their servos can handle 7.4v and it would not noticably impact expected life. That servo is essentially just a miniature ESC and brushed motor, so 7.4v won't reduce life that much faster than 6.0v. To say otherwise is just repeating old wive's tales. You don't see all the 3S users swapping out motors every week, nor do you see 2S users have motors last thousands of runs.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Glitching with Savox IP67 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Savox 0251 glitching with one rx but not another ik632 Electronics 2 07-20-2013 04:35 PM
glitching scx10mudder Electronics 0 02-16-2011 11:21 PM
glitching axial goats Electronics 0 09-16-2009 03:03 PM
a glitching ? IronSavage Electronics 1 11-26-2008 06:48 PM
glitching help holycaveman Newbie General 1 02-19-2008 08:45 AM