Notices

Thread: Radiolink RC4G or Flysky GT3B

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Radiolink RC4G or Flysky GT3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrocarbon92 View Post
I take it that's a 3d printed cover for the wheel? Looks real slick. I couldn't figure out how to adapt an aftermarket wheel with the stupid power button there.

I'm very temped to sell my orange 3C for the black/titanium version. Not that I hate the orange, I just don't own anything else orange.
Nope, that's an old foam tire from a pan car. I bolted it on and ran it like that for a long time but finally cut about 5/16" off the outside of the assembly.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Order something from dlux and tell him you want a lanyard. Problem solved and you just saved a bunch of money in the process.
the 4 colors I've seen - and the lanyard hole is truly a lifesaver:

Quote:
I'm very temped to sell my orange 3C for the black/titanium version. Not that I hate the orange, I just don't own anything else orange.

You can also easily peel off some of the side trim to tone down the look:
Attached Images

Last edited by durok; 01-11-2018 at 08:56 PM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I'd tossed around the idea or ordering a green one and swapping my guts into it. If it came in pink I'd have already done it.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

So there actually is a black-grip version, I thought they were all the titanium/grey with some bad lighting. I actually want the titanium body with the black grips.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:33 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

I vote rc4g. 4ch and cheap receivers. I have 2and think they work great.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
scaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:18 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Sharing insight after many years using the RADIOLINK RC4G, i'm also FLYSKY GT3B user too...yes my vote goes to RC4G.

Review & tips on RADIOLINK RC4G

Here's my review after 3 years of using the RC4G, include some tips and compatible receiver tested and used. Mostly i used a lot for long range FPV ground car/trucks/crawlers.

RadioLink review page: https://www.supermotoxl.com/designs-...io-transmitter

Hope the info helps for new users. Cheers.
krawldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:12 AM   #47

I've been using the RC3G for a couple years myself, and picked up the Hobby King version back when it was on sale for under $30 as well. Last night my GT3C just came in.

My plan is to convert all of my RCs to work with the RC3G, all of my son's RCs to work with the HK version, and all of my daughter's RCs to work with the hacked GT3C. Not only will this significantly cut down on the number of controllers banging around, but it'll give me some good experience comparing the Radiolink radios to the Flysky. Should be fun.

Last night my quick impressions of the GT3C were that it's a comfortable radio, and feels better built than the radiolinks. My biggest complaint with the Radiolinks was that they always felt like the plastic was paper thin and not really well molded. I also like the rechargeable battery in the Flysky. What I don't like about the Flysky is that the 3rd channel button and trim button are in a position that accidental activation seems like it could be a problem, especially when my 5 year old is using it. Time will tell.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:01 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I've been using the RC3G for a couple years myself, and picked up the Hobby King version back when it was on sale for under $30 as well. Last night my GT3C just came in.

My plan is to convert all of my RCs to work with the RC3G, all of my son's RCs to work with the HK version, and all of my daughter's RCs to work with the hacked GT3C. Not only will this significantly cut down on the number of controllers banging around, but it'll give me some good experience comparing the Radiolink radios to the Flysky. Should be fun.

Last night my quick impressions of the GT3C were that it's a comfortable radio, and feels better built than the radiolinks. My biggest complaint with the Radiolinks was that they always felt like the plastic was paper thin and not really well molded. I also like the rechargeable battery in the Flysky. What I don't like about the Flysky is that the 3rd channel button and trim button are in a position that accidental activation seems like it could be a problem, especially when my 5 year old is using it. Time will tell.
Pick up some Lizard Skins and wrap it around the grip of the Radiolink. My cousin's husband is a professional baseball player that was sponsored by Lizard Skins. He gave me some and I tried them on my Turnigy RC4G. It made it feel so much better. And you can get tons of different patterns and styles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lizard-Skin...ss!19504!US!-1
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:29 AM   #49

I don't find it uncomfortable, just cheap feeling, but that doesn't bother me.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:38 AM   #50

Quote:
I don't find it uncomfortable, just cheap feeling, but that doesn't bother me.
I felt the same way. It wasn't uncomfortable, but it felt cheap and slippery. Adding Lizard Skins made a big difference for grip, comfort, and it added a premium feeling to an inexpensive radio.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:41 AM   #51

It certainly doesn't hurt to try it! Maybe I'll take a cue from the firearms community and stipple the grip.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #52

Quote:
It certainly doesn't hurt to try it! Maybe I'll take a cue from the firearms community and stipple the grip.

So that could go well or it could look like a useless disaster then.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:34 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

So that could go well or it could look like a useless disaster then.
I rarely see DIY-stipple jobs that make me think I should try it on my Glock.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #54

Quote:
I rarely see DIY-stipple jobs that make me think I should try it on my Glock.
Some look amazing. But I know I don't have the patience to do that - ever. No way would I ever try it. And I'd also be hesitant to pay some company to possibly ruin one of my guns.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:18 PM   #55
Got Worms?

Quote:
The overkillrc "kits" are really no more than a "dupont jumper cable", usb cable, and a ST Discovery programmer. All you really need are 4 hookup wires and a ST-Link v2 usb dongle.
While the hardware is cheap....OverkillRC has answered thousands of questions on RCC about the GT3B/GT3C hack and many thousands of questions via email.

OverkillRC has also been putting together (Slowly) indepth documentation on the Flysky radios. http://overkillrc.com/php?target=support#!/

After taking into account the books and tools OverkillRC has purchased, I have not made a single dime out of selling hack kits. That $10 of markup per kit goes towards hosting all the reference material, business related expenses, and expanding my knowledge.

Just my .02
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote

Radiolink RC4G or Flysky GT3B - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RadioLink RC4G radio not working with R4EH-H rx. Help big_poppa49 Electronics 6 10-13-2016 06:19 PM
RadioLink RC4G which lipo battery? big_poppa49 Electronics 2 10-07-2016 10:26 PM
Flysky GT3B solly98 Electronics 1 11-25-2014 07:58 AM