Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Power distrubution block

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2018, 12:00 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Power distrubution block

Hey

Not sure if I am the only one with this issue, but I have unwieldy amount of deans in my rig and I want to drop it down plus make it easier to plug in out.

Currently, I have 3 passive deans piggybacked then the battery plugs into this. ESC, BEC, HeyOK light controller.

But its cumbersome and make plugging in/out the battery harder. So I am thinking of making a hard mounted powered Distrubution which the battery plugs into and distribute power.

Anyone done this/seen this before?
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2018, 03:53 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Power distrubution block

Contact HeyOK for this, he's the man for custom electronics...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:20 AM   #3

I haven't done it on an RC, but I've done it for plenty of other projects. I typically just solder extra leads to the ESC battery input pads if they're exposed. If they're not, I piggyback off of the battery connector directly. If you want a more stationary option, you can run a nut & bolt through a plastic part somewhere, and use a ring terminal to bring power to it. Use more ring terminals on the ends of wires to send power out. Do the same thing on the other side of the truck for your grounds.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:43 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Do you have a need to plug and unplug what is connected to those Deans? If not, recommend just soldering everything.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:37 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedmo View Post
Hey

Not sure if I am the only one with this issue, but I have unwieldy amount of deans in my rig and I want to drop it down plus make it easier to plug in out.

Currently, I have 3 passive deans piggybacked then the battery plugs into this. ESC, BEC, HeyOK light controller.

But its cumbersome and make plugging in/out the battery harder. So I am thinking of making a hard mounted powered Distrubution which the battery plugs into and distribute power.

Anyone done this/seen this before?
I know what you mean, they really make things bulky!
I like to suggest to solder their accessories to the back of the connector that goes to their ESC. The double deans style connectors are just there for covenience when you don't want to do any soldering.

This isn't really what you are after but might give you some ideas:

One of these could provide an easy way to plug into all your battery powered accessories, or could be the start of it.

heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:00 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I haven't done it on an RC, but I've done it for plenty of other projects. I typically just solder extra leads to the ESC battery input pads if they're exposed. If they're not, I piggyback off of the battery connector directly. If you want a more stationary option, you can run a nut & bolt through a plastic part somewhere, and use a ring terminal to bring power to it. Use more ring terminals on the ends of wires to send power out. Do the same thing on the other side of the truck for your grounds.
I do the same thing when needed.

That said, HeyOK stuff works awesome and he can work up whatever you need for a very reasonable price!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I just solder 2 or more of the red JST plugs to the ESC side of the plug. They're okay for 5A before you get losses. I use micro deans for 10A. When you unplug the battery, you unplug everything. No chance of unplugging just half, no complicated power block needed.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Power distrubution block - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weight distrubution - to front heavy Desmo Vaterra Ascender 5 12-05-2016 12:27 PM
power block/strip Ohioskills Electronics 7 11-26-2013 01:56 PM
Weight distrubution ? Martin Olofsson Newbie General 2 02-06-2010 02:22 PM
AX10 Weight Distrubution...interesting LoveToROCK Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 09-24-2008 08:46 PM
The Power Block On Spike Tv ???? CRUZ CONTROL Chit Chat 26 10-22-2007 11:51 AM