Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Winch and lights help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2018, 06:51 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Winch and lights help

I'm looking for something that will control my lights and my winch. I see rc4wd offers a 4 channel controller, but I dont know if it will do both lights and winch.

https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-4-Chan...er_p_5671.html

I've seen their winch controller also, which requires use of the 3rd channel. My third channel is used for my shift servo.

What I would really like to do is wire my lights into my shift servo, so when I shift into low gear, they come on. Is this possible?

thanks in advance!
coffeeaddict17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Winch and lights help

Hmm, you could do the wireless controller and mount the remote on your transmitter if you don't want to use up a channel.

Maybe you could add a contact switch so when you shift to low gear, the servo arm or something hits the switch to go to the lights?

Might try PM'ing HeyOK on here. He might have something already setup that could work.
Ironhide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Winch and lights help

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeaddict17 View Post
I'm looking for something that will control my lights and my winch. I see rc4wd offers a 4 channel controller, but I dont know if it will do both lights and winch.

https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-4-Chan...er_p_5671.html

I've seen their winch controller also, which requires use of the 3rd channel. My third channel is used for my shift servo.

What I would really like to do is wire my lights into my shift servo, so when I shift into low gear, they come on. Is this possible?

thanks in advance!
Anything is possible.

Your light thing is pretty easy. Get a micro servo and remove the motor. Connect your lights to where the motor was. The add a y-harness to your shift servo.

After that all you need to do is adjust the pot on the micro servo until the lights are on when you are in low gear.

It might take you a little adjusting but the micro servos are $2.50 on ebay. Not much to lose if you can't get it working.

A more long term approach is to ditch your radio and get a flysky GT3C, hack it and have 8 channels to use.

I have several and it is great to have both front and rear winches, plus multiple light channels if you want.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Winch and lights help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
winch and lights on 480mah 2 cell/2s 7.4v lipo? jwall046 Newbie General 6 12-10-2013 05:32 PM
Dingo build lights and winch questions. johnnymac Electronics 2 11-10-2012 08:22 PM
lights and winch conrodss Electronics 0 05-13-2010 02:21 AM