Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: HeyOk Light controller setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default HeyOk Light controller setup

Hi all,

I have a HeyOK lighting controller that Al specially built for me (combines normal light controller and KOH outputs). When I ordered it, I had a slightly different lighting setup and based my specs and build on that.

For a new iteration, I have thrown a spanner in the works by adding a Mad Dog RC KOH rear light bar. What I didnt check was its designed voltage...3s lipo when I was only ever going to run on 2s. But thats cool...I bought some 3s. the new HH puller pro will love it!

So my setup was below.

Mamba X esc powering the HeyOk light controller, internal BEC set at 6v, happily running all of my 6v LEDs. With the additional deans plugged directly into battery circuit for headlights, standard feature on HeyOK controller.

Then a 2.0 BEC running my servo. Great, all worked as it should.

Now, with the KOH light bar, I need to reassess my whole setup.

So what I am thinking is this.

BEC 2.0 will be set to 11.1v and will power the Hey OK light controller. (hoping that it can handle the voltage) I assume so as there is not specs for specific voltage on the products. This takes care of providing the correct voltage to the KOH lightbar. All other leds will be resistored to suit this voltage. This will be acheived by de-pinning the + and - from the TLC RX plug and plugging these into the BEC.

There is also a second single light controller and this will be added to either of the above circuits, or direcrly to the battery. Depends which of my light forward lights I want to run on this seperate circuit. Or maybe even rock lights.

Mamba X internal Bec will be set to 6v and will power the Shift and Steering servos through the RX. It is 8a max so should have enough grint for this.

So does anybody see any flaws in my plan?

Cheers
ned

Last edited by nedmo; 03-13-2018 at 08:06 PM.
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

HeyOk Light controller setup - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba 4PLS and Heyok light controller - Help! 2-shot Electronics 4 04-17-2016 08:52 PM