Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum DX5C MoA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Spektrum Dx5c and Dx5r MoA

I was looking for an transmitter to upgrade my bomber to MoA and dual ESC's.
I wanted the standard pistol grip sty not dual sticks. Many people talked about getting the hacked fly sky cause there cheap but when i priced them they were $40 for the transmitter, $10 for the receiver, and $30 for a programmer. and after this it seemed like you might end up with a buggy (assumptions cause its hacked) low quality (buttons known to fail) remote.

I looked mostly at Futaba and spectrum. For the price I liked the 5ch Spektrum DX5Cat $130 with a 6 channel receiver.

there are built in functions for four wheel stearing (4ws), and you can bind an aux channel to the throttle to controll dual ESC's
I have it set up so there is a toggle button to switch to disable rear motor (dig) with out the use of an external dig unit.

hope this helps any one looking for a low cost transmitter for a motor on axle build.

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 07-29-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #2

Default Re: Spektrum DX5C MoA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
…there are built in functions for four wheel stearing (4ws), and you can bind an aux channel to the throttle to controll dual ESC's
I have it set up so there is a toggle button to switch to disable rear motor (dig) with out the use of an external dig unit.
Hi,
Thank you very much! Now I know that it is possible with the dx5c.
I got a used RC4wd Bully2, MoA. The thing is, I did not find any really useful information about how exactly set up the aux channels.
It would be very nice, if you post some pics from your settings screen of your dx5c
Thanks in advance!
Br
Peter
Nucki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 05:36 AM   #3

We tried to set a button to disable the mix combination on the DX5c, but without success. Any DX5C owner may help?

I want to set the AUX1 on button F. If pressed it should disable AUX1 (or set it to -100)
Currently AUX 1 is set on +99 when pressed! We were not able to change that. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Nucki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:12 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Pretty sure these 3 screens are all I messed with for the rear dig and dual esc setup.
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2018, 03:18 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

you click on the selected item in screen shot 1 to get to screen shot 2. I named it dig myself, some how.
Screen shot 2 is how to set up the moa and dig.
Screen shot 3 is how I adjust the rear to change speed compared to the front, usually I have it set to zero, and adjust as needed, then back to zero.
screenshot is not ideal, as over adjusting it causes the rear to engage, but for the price, I am happy.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I just upgraded to the dx5r and it is much better for MOA. Pretty easy to set up front and rear dig and there is a second swich to adjust the amount of overdrive.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucki View Post
We tried to set a button to disable the mix combination on the DX5c, but without success. Any DX5C owner may help?

I want to set the AUX1 on button F. If pressed it should disable AUX1 (or set it to -100)
Currently AUX 1 is set on +99 when pressed! We were not able to change that. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
This is done by disabling the mix, this is accomplished in screen 2, the mix I called Dig

Spektrum DX5C MoA - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spektrum dx5c sherman918 Electronics 6 03-11-2018 08:37 PM
Older Airtronics 94358 with Spektrum DX5C adauphin Electronics 3 01-05-2018 11:57 PM
In Stock - New Spektrum DX5C Radio System! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 11-28-2017 10:40 AM
Pre-Order - New Spektrum DX5C Radio System! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 1 10-27-2017 07:35 AM
Spektrum DX3R Programming Moa??? Norris Electronics 3 03-23-2010 11:45 AM