Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Turnigy tgy-i6/ Flysky fs-i6 winch operation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 07:55 AM   #1

Default Turnigy tgy-i6/ Flysky fs-i6 winch operation.

Can anyone help, I've got the Turnigy radio and converted it to self centering throttle so I can use it with my Cross RC Demon SG4.
The thing is that to use my winch I have to plug it into ch2 on the controller, which is up and down on the steering gimble.
What I wanted to know is there is a three position switch on the top right of the radio which I've set to ch5 but this will only allow the winch cable to extend not retract, does anyone know if it is possible to swap the wires from ch2 to the switch and have it operate the winch.
I hope I've explained this so it makes sense.
Matt888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Turnigy tgy-i6/ Flysky fs-i6 winch operation.

Yes but it will require soldering. In the link below he shows the connections for the switches and stick pots. You just swap wires and ch2 gets put permanently to that switch and any channel set to that switch location is now routed to the vertical steering stick. Be aware it will also kick off the warning at start-up until you move that stick upwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=eE85-w3Fb4E

One question though, only SWC (inner top right) is a 3-pos from the factory. Is that the switch that's only extending, or are you using SWD? SWC sets the channel left-center-right while SWD sets the channel either left or right, no neutral/center.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrocarbon92 View Post
Yes but it will require soldering. In the link below he shows the connections for the switches and stick pots. You just swap wires and ch2 gets put permanently to that switch and any channel set to that switch location is now routed to the vertical steering stick. Be aware it will also kick off the warning at start-up until you move that stick upwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=eE85-w3Fb4E

One question though, only SWC (inner top right) is a 3-pos from the factory. Is that the switch that's only extending, or are you using SWD? SWC sets the channel left-center-right while SWD sets the channel either left or right, no neutral/center.
Thanks for your reply, yes it is switch SWC that I am going to use, I've got winch operation on there at the moment but I have to switch it on and the cable extends then switch it off, then switch it back on so the winch cable retracts.
Matt888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

It seems like a TX settings issue to me. Plug a servo into CH2 and then CH5 and see if the gimbal moves the servo either way as far as SWC. You can set both left/right endpoints down to zero, so maybe the winch controller thinks it's a 2-pos switch. If your i6 is like my i6X then you can also go into settings (functions->display) and see a real-time output of each channel's position on a bar graph.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Turnigy tgy-i6/ Flysky fs-i6 winch operation. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turnigy GTX3 vs. Flysky GT3B my experience and opinion FocusMiah Electronics 17 06-03-2016 06:40 AM
turnigy transmitter GTX3 same as a FLysky GT3C m1009cucv Electronics 2 01-06-2015 02:58 PM
Turnigy tgy-5521MDHV servo BBCorvette18 Electronics 5 01-09-2014 10:49 AM
Quick & Dirty 3Racing winch operation on 2 pos. switch!! silvr_tung_devl General Scale Talk 4 06-03-2010 07:48 PM