Notices

Thread: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2020, 09:37 PM   #561
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh9mile View Post
I'm trying to figure out the data logging function. I didn't see anything about it in the instructions but it shows up in the app. It never seems to actually log any info, everything is blank. I'm assuming the app needs to be running while running while driving the rig. I mainly want to see Temps on the esc and motor.
Maybe it's a csv file in the app folder you need to find manually. I have a datarecord folder. No idea if I ever tried data logging. And i rarely connect to the axe because the Bluetooth works so horrible for me.

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 05-24-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2020, 12:25 PM   #562

How hot your motor getting during crawling on 2s/3s?
grepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:45 PM   #563
RCC Addict

Golly. The Novak Goat. I had one of those too. That was a nice system in the day. Pricey, but hella sweet for out of the box crawler system.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:09 AM   #564
RCC Addict

read a bit of this thread. I also think many are in some ways, missing the point on Yes Axe, No Axe debate.

when the Goat came out. many said blah. But those that had one, had time to run them, and adjust the radio for feel, come to really appreciate what that brought to the game. The ability of the Axe system to keep the throttle at one specific input ratio, is a bonus option to bring to crawling.

I get you can plug pretty much anything into a Castle, As you can with many of the HW ESCs they offer. But the Axe system, like the Novak Goat, was a purpose-built ESC with trailing/crawling in mind. The MEGA (trigger alert.lmmfao) drag brake adjustment is also a fairly newer option it looks like. IMHO, DW didn't build a multi-purpose ESC, they designed and put out a Trail/Crawler esc, the may or may not be suitable to your Rock Racer style right, and will be absolutely the incorrect ESC to use on an on-road or other non Scale/Trail/Crawling rig.

I think the 550 set would be right at home in a bomber/rock rey ETC in the 1/10th vernacular but a terrible option for a 4x4 slash...
I just put the 3300kv combo in the C2 Trail King and though I have not had much time on it, it's been very suited to the build and what use I have had with it. Will get way more use after the next week or so is done and I'm back home most of the day waiting for the Corona Beer Virus hangover to pass the DEMpaniced Government types.

Where the numbers are concerned, they only tell a nerds side of the story. No Offense, Im a nerd and I understand the numbers and what they mean, and I also understand what they don't mean, and how they adapt only marginally to real world use.

The numbers are kind of moot when Rubber meets Rock.

If I were looking for a new motor/esc combo for me Xray F1, I WONT be considering any of the AXE Systems, lol
But now having 2, when I get an SCXIII (very soon) I will get a 2nd 3300KV (maybe the 2700 as the III is a 2 speed) system for it.

For my use they have been nice systems. Not for everyone.
Chevy Ford Dodge. Etc etc etc.

Last edited by Timmahh; 06-29-2020 at 12:12 AM.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 08:14 PM   #565

Does anyone get drivetrain snap when moving from a dead stop? I'm trying to see how I can smooth out the throttle because I think my Fusion Pro is smoother in gradual throttle increases compared to the Axe 500 R2 3300KV with more a "step" increase.

Also what gear mesh is everyone using with the included 12T and the stock 45T Spur from the 2 speed?
CosmoM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 05:45 AM   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoM3 View Post
Does anyone get drivetrain snap when moving from a dead stop? I'm trying to see how I can smooth out the throttle because I think my Fusion Pro is smoother in gradual throttle increases compared to the Axe 500 R2 3300KV with more a "step" increase.

Also what gear mesh is everyone using with the included 12T and the stock 45T Spur from the 2 speed?
did you update axe 3300kv to latest ver?
AndyMoswag is offline   Reply With Quote

Hobbywing Xerun AXE - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobbywing Xerun SCT norcallump Electronics 4 09-22-2015 11:17 AM
hobbywing 150a xerun esc on 2s lipo jvh22a Electronics 1 06-03-2015 09:52 PM
Hobbywing xerun 3656 3400kv Gvm23 Electronics 26 01-30-2014 01:23 PM
Hobbywing xerun SCT pro Cmarcan167 Electronics 3 01-18-2014 11:11 AM
Hobbywing Xerun Sensored brushless combo. Neeley Electronics 2 01-20-2012 04:47 AM