Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: VS4-10 Phoenix RTR overdrive servo (CH3) issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2023, 10:20 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default VS4-10 Phoenix RTR overdrive servo (CH3) issue

Hello everyone. Quick question for those familiar with the VS4-10 rtr radio. My son picked up a VS4-10 RTR last weekend and today his servo for the overdrive arrived. After connecting it to CH3 before actually installing it, we turn it on, and press CH3. Nothing. No sound or movement from the servo. I then disconnect it from his car connect it to my Phoenix portal w/ the FS GT5 and servo works. Am I missing a step here? Is there something else I need to do to his radio prior to using CH3 or 4? FYI, his is box stock other than the Fusion SE immediately installed prior to initial run. Thanks in advance
Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2023, 06:24 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: VS4-10 Phoenix RTR overdrive servo (CH3) issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor View Post
Hello everyone. Quick question for those familiar with the VS4-10 rtr radio. My son picked up a VS4-10 RTR last weekend and today his servo for the overdrive arrived. After connecting it to CH3 before actually installing it, we turn it on, and press CH3. Nothing. No sound or movement from the servo. I then disconnect it from his car connect it to my Phoenix portal w/ the FS GT5 and servo works. Am I missing a step here? Is there something else I need to do to his radio prior to using CH3 or 4? FYI, his is box stock other than the Fusion SE immediately installed prior to initial run. Thanks in advance

I’m not familiar with that radio, but I can only assume that you need to adjust the end points for channel 3. If there is a manual for the radio, I would check that. If not, a quick search on YouTube might be helpful.

Also, just to be sure, you removed the lockout screw for the o/d lever, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 12:01 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
I’m not familiar with that radio, but I can only assume that you need to adjust the end points for channel 3. If there is a manual for the radio, I would check that. If not, a quick search on YouTube might be helpful.

Also, just to be sure, you removed the lockout screw for the o/d lever, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't even connect the links. I just connected it to CH3 to test the servo. I just checked the box settings on the radio and CH3 endpoint is at 100%
Old 06-25-2023, 09:45 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

quick albeit late update here. I emailed Vanquish regarding this issue and they shipped a new one within 3 days. Thank you Michael Pham from VP Customer Care

VS4-10 Phoenix RTR overdrive servo (CH3) issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Servo mount for dig VS4-10 Phoenix? pchiumiento General Crawlers 6 05-17-2023 07:39 PM
What Overdrive Servo for Phoenix? BLUJEEP Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 11 03-13-2023 05:49 PM
New - vs4-10 phoenix rtr durok Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 22 02-12-2023 11:48 AM
Vs4-10 Phoenix easleycrawler Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 11 11-01-2021 07:44 AM