Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics
Loading

Notices

Thread: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2018, 05:39 AM   #1
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,466
Default Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Now this looks interesting
https://youtu.be/dJ1x58lQPME

They scored a homerun with the brushed 1080, maybe they can do it with brushless now?

If i'm not mistaken, Xerun is their high end stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jboucher; 04-27-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2018, 05:51 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 10,524
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Nice find!

Yep, the XeRun is HobbyWing's top of the line stuff. I'm sure it will be awesome. I can't find any info on the motor or ESC at this point.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:52 AM   #3
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,466
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

On YouTube it says Release to market in May.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:15 AM   #4
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 569
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Nice. Can't wait to see the pricing.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:58 AM   #5
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,466
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

I'm bored at work and was able to dig up some more information :
Hobbywing

The XeRun AXE Brushless Power System, a sensored brushlesss power system combo for rock crawlers, gained more attention compared to other Hobbywing products

The power system combo, which features waterproof design, Bluetooth module for wireless ESC programming & firmware upgrade, FOC (Field-oriented Control) method, powerful drag brake, super low-speed linearity & low rpm torque and intelligent torque output, attracted a cross-section of all walks of life: plays (professionals & amateurs), dealers, girls, kids and media to stop by, take a look and even experience. This power system combo for rock crawlers always guarantees users stable power output, powerful functions, simple control, and easy operation.



So ****ing happy i haven't bought a brushless system yet !
It might challenge the Mighty Mamba X

Last edited by Jboucher; 04-27-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:05 AM   #6
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 569
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

https://shop.robitronic.com/de/hobby...crawler-regler

Somehow, Robitronic (a Euro dealer/rebrander of stuff) has a page on it in German. The big thing is it will be load sensitive (so for example it'll increase throttle as you go up a steep grade to keep the speed constant). Cool.

Also, waterproof. Yes yes yes.

No aux wire to change parameters while running, though.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:09 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh-ish vicinity
Posts: 3,227
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

What is up with that sensor connector?

svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:12 AM   #8
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,466
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

My guess is some unique connector for their own AXE motors.

As for the AUX wire, at least it has Bluetooth so you can switch settings on your phone?

Edit: Yup special connector for the AXE motor. Maybe even waterproof sensor?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jboucher; 04-27-2018 at 08:15 AM.
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:46 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 10,524
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Sensor wires suck. It's a shame when things go proprietary like it appears this HobbyWing sensor cable will be, but if it works better and it more reliable I'm all for it.

Oh BTW Harley announced on Facebook that Castle came out with a Bluetooth module for their ESCs. About time! I might have to pick one up depending on the size, price, and waterproofing.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #10
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,466
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

It's out already, it looks somewhat big and it's 50$...

It should be integrated into the Mamba X, not another separate module to add more wiring and waterproofing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Sensor wires suck. It's a shame when things go proprietary like it appears this HobbyWing sensor cable will be, but if it works better and it more reliable I'm all for it.

Oh BTW Harley announced on Facebook that Castle came out with a Bluetooth module for their ESCs. About time! I might have to pick one up depending on the size, price, and waterproofing.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:20 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
 
durok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,897
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Sensor wires suck. It's a shame when things go proprietary like it appears this HobbyWing sensor cable will be, but if it works better and it more reliable I'm all for it.

Oh BTW Harley announced on Facebook that Castle came out with a Bluetooth module for their ESCs. About time! I might have to pick one up depending on the size, price, and waterproofing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
It's out already, it looks somewhat big and it's 50$...

It should be integrated into the Mamba X, not another separate module to add more wiring and waterproofing.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
The Castle BlueTooth module is currently compatible with iOS, Android version has no set ETA as of yet...

Castle esc programming via Bluetooth
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:20 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh-ish vicinity
Posts: 3,227
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboucher View Post
As for the AUX wire, at least it has Bluetooth so you can switch settings on your phone?
If it works like their wifi module, it will disable throttle control during programming and you will have to power cycle your ESC when you're done. It is convenient but far from the on-the-fly adjustment of the Castle AUX wire.

Also, getting the HW app to connect to the module is a huge pain, it never wants to work on my phone. Here is hoping the connection over bluetooth works better.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:27 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 10,524
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
The Castle BlueTooth module is currently compatible with iOS, Android version has no set ETA as of yet...

Castle esc programming via Bluetooth
Lame! I'll never understand companies that support iOS first. There are far, far more Android phones in the world than iPhones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
If it works like their wifi module, it will disable throttle control during programming and you will have to power cycle your ESC when you're done. It is convenient but far from the on-the-fly adjustment of the Castle AUX wire.

Also, getting the HW app to connect to the module is a huge pain, it never wants to work on my phone. Here is hoping the connection over bluetooth works better.
The FOC (Field-oriented Control) method is what has me thinking it might possibly have something like an Auxiliary Wire.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:06 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh-ish vicinity
Posts: 3,227
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The FOC (Field-oriented Control) method is what has me thinking it might possibly have something like an Auxiliary Wire.
Running the Robitronic website through Google translate says the FOC is their technology in the ESC to keep motor speed constant (ex. 1/2 throttle is the same speed going uphill, downhill, or on flat ground). Doesn't sound anything like a AUX function.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:16 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 10,524
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Running the Robitronic website through Google translate says the FOC is their technology in the ESC to keep motor speed constant (ex. 1/2 throttle is the same speed going uphill, downhill, or on flat ground). Doesn't sound anything like a AUX function.
Odd. I guess we'll eventually find out what it's all capable of.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:34 AM   #16
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,466
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

We will find out this summer but i hope it will play nice with other motor brands out there.

I still want to join the puller pro club one day.

Has anyone ever used an hobbywing brushless esc with a Holmes motor?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 2,346
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

I'm going to keep my eye on this one. I've got a good stash of hobbywing escs already.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:51 AM   #18
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 1,184
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

But what we all really want to know is.... what's it have for a BEC? I know their XR8 and a few others have some pretty serious BEC's, hopefully this does as well.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Marietta
Posts: 374
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

I wish they would get rid of that stupid-ass power button.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #20
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 569
Default Re: Hobbywing Xerun AXE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
But what we all really want to know is.... what's it have for a BEC? I know their XR8 and a few others have some pretty serious BEC's, hopefully this does as well.
I have no doubt it will be powerful enough for a decent servo.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Hobbywing Xerun AXE - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hobbywing Xerun SCT norcallump Electronics 4 09-22-2015 11:17 AM
hobbywing 150a xerun esc on 2s lipo jvh22a Electronics 1 06-03-2015 09:52 PM
Hobbywing xerun 3656 3400kv Gvm23 Electronics 26 01-30-2014 01:23 PM
Hobbywing xerun SCT pro Cmarcan167 Electronics 3 01-18-2014 11:11 AM
Hobbywing Xerun Sensored brushless combo. Neeley Electronics 2 01-20-2012 04:47 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com