Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: FlySky FS-GT5 how are you liking it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: FlySky FS-GT5 how are you liking it

Its been a few months, and I am now using this transmitter for two rigs, and purchased another transmitter for a third rig.

Over all I have been please with it. 6ch without having to learn the hacked gt3c setting is nice.

I dont case for the two, pot channels. I guess they are ok but if you blow past neutral without stopping, it does not recognize it, sucks for a winch.

Works well for 4 wheel steering, I wish you could select the settings using a bottom or channel instead of using the dial. On the fly isnt an option. I have it set to 4 wheel steer all the time but would have liked to on the fly to crab.

The other two rigs are using it for dig. EPA and subtrim work as expected. Happy with that set up. Channel 3 is useful for the mamba x crawler/rockrace selection. Also pretty happy with that.

Battery life on this sucks. a 3hr trail run killed a 800mah lipo. Mabye it was the cold, and it not drawing enough current to keep it warm. I need to charge it, so Ill actually see what the mah used was.

Still havent could inexpensive receivers. Need to order one on Friday, so I might take a chance.

The last thing is I dont often use a lanyards, but occasionally do(in the rain) it has no attachment provided.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Battery life on this sucks. a 3hr trail run killed a 800mah lipo. Mabye it was the cold, and it not drawing enough current to keep it warm. I need to charge it, so Ill actually see what the mah used was.
I wouldn't expect a 800mah battery to last very long.

I'm using 4 x AA (2800mah each; NIMH rechargables) and it's never run dead on me after many multihour sessions this winter.

See if AA works better for you.
BashNSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:31 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashNSlash View Post
I wouldn't expect a 800mah battery to last very long.

I'm using 4 x AA (2800mah each; NIMH rechargables) and it's never run dead on me after many multihour sessions this winter.

See if AA works better for you.

I gotten 20hr on the gt3's 1700 mah. I would have expected more then 3 on 800mah. AA don't last long either, but I chalked that up to cheap BJ's batteries. Looking at LIO rechargables as a solution.

Maybe it is just a battery hog.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:39 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
AA don't last long either, but I chalked that up to cheap BJ's batteries.
I'm going to take more notice about how long the batteries last. But I will say this: I've had my TQi Traxxas radio die on my twice and I use my Flysky way more often. It helps that the voltage meter, while not really accurate for NIMH, can give you an early warning.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Installed it in my little monster. Had my first 2,5 hr on my gt5 (Turnigy Version - HK) and i love it. much lighter and smaller than my hacked gt3b. Only thing is the foam on the wheel it's moving and a little too soft, have to look for a better solution.

I use the pot CH5 to set my Drag brake on my monster X, CH6 is reserved for a servo winch. Works good on the first test with the pot on my side, but i'm using a 360° 30kg servo as winch without any controller. CH4 only used for lights, CH3 for shifting.

Have no issues with the AA they still good after the 2,5hr in use. Will report how long they last.

Regarding receivers, u can use the turnigy version from HK
non waterproofed: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...-receiver.html
waterproofed (on backorder ):https://hobbyking.com/en_us/tgy-gt5-...-receiver.html
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:52 PM   #46
RCC Addict

I was hoping to do some swappin with recievers on my 3.3 revo, but the extra recievers that came with my flysky gt5 apparently arent for it. They are fs-gr3f recievers. Anybody know wat those are for? Looks like im goina have to order some of the right ones for the gt5

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:21 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
I was hoping to do some swappin with recievers on my 3.3 revo, but the extra recievers that came with my flysky gt5 apparently arent for it. They are fs-gr3f recievers. Anybody know wat those are for? Looks like im goina have to order some of the right ones for the gt5

The FS-GR3F is a new 3ch Version for the flysky Radios GT2, GT3B and GT3C that can handle 2S voltage.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2019, 11:51 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
Only thing is the foam on the wheel it's moving and a little too soft, have to look for a better solution.
Can you post when you've found a solution? My foam is sliding around and it's annoying. Looking to possibly 3d a replacement, but I don't know what other wheels fit this radio (and I can't design one myself due to lack of skill ).
Old 01-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Can you post when you've found a solution? My foam is sliding around and it's annoying. Looking to possibly 3d a replacement, but I don't know what other wheels fit this radio (and I can't design one myself due to lack of skill ).

Glue....

I was told you can unscrew it and replace it with a tire/wheel.

If I remember tonight I will remove mine, and if need be design and print an adapter for it.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Glue....

I was told you can unscrew it and replace it with a tire/wheel.

If I remember tonight I will remove mine, and if need be design and print an adapter for it.
I've just committed to 3d printing a new wheel - I'll see how it goes
Old 01-17-2019, 01:41 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:

i think i found a solution test fitted the foam of my TQi (TRX4 ) radio and it fits and feels nice . Unfortunately i can't find a part number for the TQi foam. Only for the old TQ radio which will not fit (bigger radius). But i found a HR foam for the TQi will have it next week. Will report back then.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

I have a little sanding to do, but this should be a nice upgrade to my radios steering wheel

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
I have a little sanding to do, but this should be a nice upgrade to my radios steering wheel

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Nice job bash! They shoulda done that from the start lol. Makes for a great way to personalize with color n design

indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:07 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Works well for 4 wheel steering, I wish you could select the settings using a bottom or channel instead of using the dial. On the fly isnt an option. I have it set to 4 wheel steer all the time but would have liked to on the fly to crab.
That's the info I was looking for. Shame, I was hoping to save some money in the future and switch from Spektrum to flysky.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Jeepy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:51 PM   #55
RCC Addict

The wheel foam (Hot Racing SWF54 cl rubber foam transmitter tire) finally arrived. It's not as hard as the Traxxas org. But was harder than the org. GT5 one. Also it's thicker Made some pic's. Feels so good so far sits much stronger than stock.

As i was at it i meassured the wheel. On TX side it's Diameter is 8mm the flat side has 6.5mm, the wheel has 12mm and 10,5 mm. Between is a 2mm thick adapter. or it's just the break

Last edited by magic_yeti; 02-11-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
The wheel foam finally arrived. It's not as hard as the Traxxas org. But was harder than the org. GT5 one. Also it's thicker Made some pic's. Feels so good so far sits much stronger than stock.

As i was at it i meassured the wheel. On TX side it's Diameter is 8mm the flat side has 6.5mm, the wheel has 12mm and 10,5 mm. Between is a 2mm thick adapter. or it's just the break

Looks good! What's the part number you used to order it?
Old 02-11-2019, 01:00 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Sorry forgot it Hot Racing SWF54 cl rubber foam transmitter tire.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:06 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The GT5 will only work with AFHDS 2A receivers which are listed in the manual as: iA10B, iA6B, iA4B, iA10, iA6, iA4C, A6, A3, X6B, BS6 and BS4. You can find that on page 7 of the manual
Has anyone tried these and can confirm that they actually do work? I'm looking for a smaller receiver to put in my Orlandoo, but I don't want to order stuff that doesn't work.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #59

Quote:
Has anyone tried these and can confirm that they actually do work? I'm looking for a smaller receiver to put in my Orlandoo, but I don't want to order stuff that doesn't work.
They do NOT work in my experience. ONLY the FS-BS6 will work with mine which is very disappointing.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:43 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
They do NOT work in my experience. ONLY the FS-BS6 will work with mine which is very disappointing.
Good to know! I may remove the outer casing of the BS6 I have in the orlandoo - it's way too big for that tiny jeep body. LOL

FlySky FS-GT5 how are you liking it - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set soze Electronics 221 01-16-2024 12:49 PM
Flysky GT5 CH4 EPA Wraith Dig Derring-Do Electronics 1 03-08-2018 07:29 AM
Liking For Sale ads AddictedtoRC1 Chit Chat 48 09-13-2014 12:00 AM
ae-2 esc not liking my lipo.. why? DJ1522 Electronics 14 02-19-2013 07:46 PM
Liking my little creeper more and more. "N8" Venom Creeper 1 02-14-2010 11:01 AM