RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   FlySky FS-GT5 how are you liking it (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/598519-flysky-fs-gt5-how-you-liking.html)

m1009cucv 05-09-2018 09:22 AM

FlySky FS-GT5 how are you liking it

can get one for a desent price. what do you think of it? thanks "thumbsup"

JatoTheRipper 05-09-2018 11:28 AM

Re: FlySky FS-GT5 how are you liking it

It's been on my radar, but the Spektrum DX5C is a similar price and I have a lot of Spektrum stuff.

A friend has the FS-GT5 and so far he loves it. I think he's only had 1 or 2 trail runs with it, but he highly recommends it.

thewildblue77 05-10-2018 03:25 AM

Using this on 2 of my Rigs. Really impressed, the 4WS works really well. Cost wise I got it for £55 delivered, which is only £11 more than a GT3C.

The turnigy IA6 receivers work as well, though the AVS wont work through these.

Teng 05-10-2018 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1009cucv (Post 5830037)
can get one for a desent price. what do you think of it? thanks "thumbsup"

I like the design very compact and maybe light in hand also. But I wonder does it comes with 3rd and 4th channel 3 position switch? :roll:

JatoTheRipper 05-10-2018 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teng (Post 5830279)
I like the design very compact and maybe light in hand also. But I wonder does it comes with 3rd and 4th channel 3 position switch? :roll:

I think it has one 2-position switch, one 3-position switch, and two knobs.

I just realized the 6 channel receivers are $40! That's a lot of cash for FlySky quality receivers.

Does anybody know if the FS-GR3E 3-channel receivers will work with this radio? EDIT: No, they will not according to FlySky. The GT5 will only work with AFHDS 2A receivers which are listed in the manual as: iA10B, iA6B, iA4B, iA10, iA6, iA4C, A6, A3, X6B, BS6 and BS4. You can find that on page 7 of the manual: http://www.flysky-cn.com/downloadRep...e4dab224bd.pdf

m1009cucv 05-10-2018 11:54 AM

I bought it. I thought for $65 I give it a try. I have a pile of three channel fly sky receivers and a few six channel receivers. It sucks that they don't work together. well I got it now. 40 is a lot for one receiver from this company. See how goes

Teng 05-10-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1009cucv (Post 5830411)
I bought it. I thought for $65 I give it a try. I have a pile of three channel fly sky receivers and a few six channel receivers. It sucks that they don't work together. well I got it now. 40 is a lot for one receiver from this company. See how goes

Yes and Please report us back here. I really would like to know more about this radio. Thank you"thumbsup"

thewildblue77 05-11-2018 01:57 AM

I paid £6.99 for a Turnigy IA6 and only £14.99 for the BS6 receiver. The GR3E in comparison are ~£8.

JatoTheRipper 05-11-2018 09:49 AM

I ordered one as well. My Turnigy TS4G won't bind to any new receivers after being dropped and it seems to be discontinued so I couldn't replace it. The Radiolink still exists, but I don't like the big, fragile, external antenna so I decided to go a different route. Mine has been fine, even after I fell and caught myself with the hand that was holding my radio, but it's still a potential point of failure. I got the HobbyKing rebrand of the FlySky GT5 for $75 shipped. Not bad.

The problem I've found is that there are barely any cheap receivers in the US and none of the inexpensive, 3 channel ones that I need for most vehicles.

soze 05-11-2018 09:53 AM

I've been considering this controller, but have a hard time doing so if the 6ch receivers are going to be expensive. I'm surviving on my $9-10 6ch FS-R6B receivers with the GT3C just fine for now.

JatoTheRipper 05-11-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5830694)
I've been considering this controller, but have a hard time doing so if the 6ch receivers are going to be expensive. I'm surviving on my $9-10 6ch FS-R6B receivers with the GT3C just fine for now.

The 6 channel rx is $40, which is expensive for FlySky, but probably not expensive compared to the competition. I ordered four of the 3-channel receivers on eBay and it was under $30 shipped.

Hydrocarbon92 05-11-2018 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5830690)
The problem I've found is that there are barely any cheap receivers in the US and none of the inexpensive, 3 channel ones that I need for most vehicles.

You can get an ia6b (6ch non-gyro) for $14 from a US ebay seller or $11 from China. The trick is to always have a spare. Small Packet Deluxe or ePacket is usually 2-4 weeks max. Gearbest/Banggood/etc are usually 4-6 week registered mail.

The gyro-RX ends up being priced competitively with all other brand's gyro-RX. It's odd people will blindly spend $40-80 on a Spektrum or Futaba RX but balk at a $40 Flysky. It's unlikely a crawler will need the gyro.

Also note the afhds-2a RX's also have a much greater range, particularly those with the bell (dipole) on their antennas. Search for fs-i6 range tests, you'll find 400m+ for ground and 1-2km air (despite FPV interference not helping).

soze 05-11-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrocarbon92 (Post 5830771)
You can get an ia6b (6ch non-gyro) for $14 from a US ebay seller or $11 from China. The trick is to always have a spare. Small Packet Deluxe or ePacket is usually 2-4 weeks max. Gearbest/Banggood/etc are usually 4-6 week registered mail.

The gyro-RX ends up being priced competitively with all other brand's gyro-RX. It's odd people will blindly spend $40-80 on a Spektrum or Futaba RX but balk at a $40 Flysky. It's unlikely a crawler will need the gyro.

Also note the afhds-2a RX's also have a much greater range, particularly those with the bell (dipole) on their antennas. Search for fs-i6 range tests, you'll find 400m+ for ground and 1-2km air (despite FPV interference not helping).

Well damn... if those $14 6ch IA-6B work with the GT5... then it's back on my radar.

m1009cucv 05-12-2018 01:53 PM

so far like it. I'm using it on my four-wheel steering for truggy. So far so good. Going to order a few receivers as well. 14 dollars is not bad at all. Thinking about trying this radio on my TRX4

tachikoma1373 08-27-2018 04:07 AM

so the FIS-IA6B e.g. this one works? And thats confirmed rather than in the manual (we've seen how accurate that list is).

http://d1b5yzykmxw6e8.cloudfront.net...eiver-lead.jpg

Asiatees (cheapest I found for the FS-BS6) are out of stock and want to switch out my other receivers.

What about the FS-iA4B - anyone tested those. Bit smaller and probably a better fit for at least 1 of the vehicles.

Thanks in advance :)

m1009cucv 08-27-2018 06:51 AM

thats the receiver i was looking at. going to order a few. 10 bucks here:
https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-2_4G...r_warehouse=CN

JatoTheRipper 08-27-2018 08:04 AM

HobbyKing has the FS-BS6 receivers for $15 both in the US and International warehouses for around $15.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...-receiver.html

tachikoma1373 08-28-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5864097)
HobbyKing has the FS-BS6 receivers for $15 both in the US and International warehouses for around $15.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...-receiver.html

Cheers Jato - I have no issue with hobbyking when I can get shipping from the UK store but their international shipping fees and times are a farce. filth cheap and months or soon and stupid money.

I might just wait till they are in stock over here or from asiatees where the shipping is quick and cheap. :)

I'll just have to play with my new 3D Printer instead (Creality Ender 3) :) :)

HumboldtEF 08-28-2018 10:42 AM

I'm looking into one of these to get more AUX channels, I'm hoping someone can tell me if this can control 4 AUX channels, whether the buttons can be re-mapped and lastly can the buttons functionality be changed (momentary, 2 position, 3 position)?

magic_yeti 08-28-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tachikoma1373 (Post 5864479)
Cheers Jato - I have no issue with hobbyking when I can get shipping from the UK store but their international shipping fees and times are a farce. filth cheap and months or soon and stupid money.

I might just wait till they are in stock over here or from asiatees where the shipping is quick and cheap. :)

I'll just have to play with my new 3D Printer instead (Creality Ender 3) :) :)

you don't have to wait the gt5 receiver is available in uk and eu warehouse.
and hk now has free shipping on orders above 50$ from uk eu and above 150$ from global.

Gesendet von meinem T1-A21L mit Tapatalk