Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum dx5c

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Spektrum dx5c

Just picked up a skektrum dx5c radio with sr415 receiver. had a issue with it calibrating my hobbywing quicrun wp1080 esc. Could not calibrate reverse.read the instructions and didn't find anything. Called up horizon hobby. Great customer service helped me out fast. Found out that from factory, brake was set at only 1%. Was kinda a hidden menu and helped me change it to 100%. Only on phone for 6 min. 5 min with a actual person. Anyway radio is in my bomber. Loving the radio so far. For it being a lower priced radio, i think its got great offerings.. what are your guys opinions on the radio

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
wcdfmt510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2018, 08:13 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Spektrum dx5c

I had the same issue with my dx5c but eventually found it when messing with my settings for my servo winch.

So far I love the radio. I have it running a couple different trucks and it hasn't given me any other issues.
Perkul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:44 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Ya i love it so far. Haven't messed to much with settings yet. Im gonna use it for my f350 crewcab im building. But damn $60 for another receiver. Any other receivers work with it?

Old 05-19-2018, 11:35 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Don't try and run it on a moa rig with dual escs or you'll be in for an infuriating journey into stupidity.

I just built a best of the best dlux berg for a buddy and he runs spektrum so he picked up a dx5r as an upgrade from his old dx3r.

What a steaming pile of fawking garbage that menu is to decipher. I'd like to meet the idiot that mapped it differently than the dx4r pro and kick them square in the dick. I've spent hours on that radio and I've taken it to a friend that's ran spektrum for years & years and he had no better luck either. I did manage to get aux1 mixed so both ends drive and I did figure out they reverse was set to 1% for some idiotic reason so at least it drives.

Next step is to call customer care and see if we can get that piece of garbage to work.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:43 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Well im running mine on a bomber and soon a f350 scx10.2..

Old 06-12-2018, 12:58 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I use one on my MoA Bomber, it works. I found rechargeable AA batteries that last much longer then alkalines in it. It does not support all the MoA features you may want, but you can set a button to adjust rear esc speed vs front esc speed, and I have a button set to toggle rear dig. since I don't have dual steering I have not tried to tie that to a button, but dual steer features are in the menus, Haven't managed to set a second dig button for forward/main throttle esc dig though.

If you want all the MoA features, I would however suggest The DX5R which costs twice as much. For the price I am happy with the features I got.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:06 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Mine is just gonna run my bomber with some lighting and maybe 2 speed. And run my f350 with some lighting,and probably something else just not that far yet.

Old 01-27-2019, 02:35 PM   #8

How did you sort reverse? I’m having the same problem
Plyfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #9

My DX5C out of the box had a sticky Power Button. But it did work initially with a strong press. I figured it would loosen up with use. And it did. Several months later it wont go on or it wont go off or intermittently will turn on in its storage case killing the batts. Or it will shut off while running my rigs. I sent it out to Horizon Hobby yesterday for warranty. (within the 1 year period) Procedure was quick on the phone. They emailed me a Service request number required, prior to shipping to them. They quoted a 3 day turn around upon receipt. Hope to see how things go. I have 8 models programmed on it. And the DX5C doesnt allow saving my model settings to an SD card . Ill be doing a lot of rebinding and adjusting settings for sure if they replace mine with another. Hopefully they can just fix the Power button and send mine back. Best case scenario, they offer me an upgrade to the "Rugged". LOL Just a wish. LOL
They are on backorder anyway...and I'm sure many preorders have been taken.

Anyone else have this same "Power button" issue???? Or any other issues??

Last edited by SteveRC; 01-27-2019 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling
SteveRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:31 PM   #10

Not with mine, been using it about a year.... just gave it to my son when I the Rugged.
theslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 12:15 PM   #11

Yes, the power button is stuck on mine, and it drains the battery. Did they fix it?
PNWrcfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 10:39 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Regarding spektrums return policy, I had a DX5R And it said I could use 2s Lipo as a battery, which I tried with 2 18650 4.3v batteries, and the thing went crazy, alarms went off, vibrating, ect. Worked fine if I switched back to the stock batteries. But I really wanted to use 2 18650's. So I sent spektrum a message asking whats up, it says its supported in the menu. Spektrum asked me to send them the radio and they sent me a brand new DX5-pro, instead, which is the newer version of the DX5R. The pro actually did support 2s lipo voltage though. So I am happy, Spektrums service was great for me.

Long story short, just ask Spektrum whats up, my button is stuck...

They definitely will not fix it if you dont ask.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Spektrum dx5c - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spektrum DX5C MoA Voodoobrew Electronics 6 08-11-2018 01:23 PM
Spektrum DX4C vs DX5C Taurus84 Electronics 8 05-10-2018 02:37 PM
Spektrum dx5c sherman918 Electronics 6 03-11-2018 08:37 PM
Older Airtronics 94358 with Spektrum DX5C adauphin Electronics 3 01-05-2018 11:57 PM
In Stock - New Spektrum DX5C Radio System! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 11-28-2017 10:40 AM