Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Fan model FS-20W 20kg servo unboxingish

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Fan model FS-20W 20kg servo unboxingish

First let me state for the record I am not recommending this servo, or commenting on its performance. I have a simple situation that needs to be addressed. I cooked a Solar servo d772(my own fault), the promodler 470 is out of stock and so is the Solar D772. I needed something for an upcoming event, this was an option and I am trying it out.

From the manufacture.
Torque(4.8v/6.0v/7.4V): 16.0 kg-cm (222 oz/in) / 18.0 kg-cm (250 oz/in) / 20.0 kg-cm (277 oz/in) Speed(4.8v/6.0v/7.4V): 0.18 sec/60° │0.16 sec/60° │ 0.14 sec/60°
Dimensions: 40 x 20.5 x 40 mm ( 1.57 x 0.78 x 1.57 in)
Used For: 1/10 1/8 scale RC Crawler / Buggy / Truck and any application where waterproof standard servos are used
Waterproof construction keeps out the elements for worry free operation
High precision potentiometers and High-resolution digital chip, stable performance, strong anti-interference ability, fast response, high precision, control is more delicate and smooth operation.

Nothing special here, plastic covers on each end with a metal body. Body has a cast texture, maybe cast aluminum or pot metal.

So first things first, rip it open and water proof. Yes it claims it is water proof but lets find out how it looks inside.

Typical 4 Phillips screws holding it together, heads are bigger then other servos I have taken apart. Each screw had a rubber gasket.

On either end of the body is two rubber gaskets. Each one was greased as they should be. There are , however, no indents for the gaskets to seat in. It relies on simple compression from the screws, which at this point I am liking the large heads for a little more torque when tightening.

Again nothing special, a board, pot and motor. No grease no conformal coating, no water proofing. I guess they are relying on the gaskets.

Metal gears, nothing super hardened or super cheap. Maybe just cheap.

Always good to see some screws keeping the motor from twisting.

Thats about it. I filled it with dielectric, and slapped it back together. Its going in a trail built wraith, nothing super powerful nor will it be demanding. It is headed to a Recon G6 in 3 weeks, unless promodeler gets the 470 back in stock.

I did run it briefly. It is super silent, really nice gear mesh, not twitchy, centered right up and moved smoothly. I was unable to move the servo or hold it back pushing against a 1 inch horn. When I did hold the tires to bind it up, it simple bent the stock plastic steering(up grading shortly)

Overall it seems like a workable, even considering it is only running on 5v internal HW 1060 BEC. Going to install a external 6.6v tonight.

I really don't need to or want to push this to 7.4v. Its for my kid, I am just hoping it runs for 3 days straight.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ditchrat; 06-27-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2018, 01:33 PM   #2

Default Re: Fan model FS-20W 20kg servo unboxingish

Is this a rebranded Power HD servo?
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Fan model FS-20W 20kg servo unboxingish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
Is this a rebranded Power HD servo?

Your guess is as good as mine. But considering the urgency, that it can run on 7.4v, and that it was $23.00 shipped, it was worth a chances until I get what I really want, then it will be a spare.
I don't think the Power HD advertises 7.4v

If someone wants to post the internal of the Power HD, I will take mine apart and post comparative pictures.

I also got the 23kg version for a couple more bucks, and it was exactly the sample in appearance.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Fan model FS-20W 20kg servo unboxingish - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeah Racing 20kg Waterproof Super Torque Digital Servo GR8 PMKN Electronics 2 12-02-2017 04:50 PM
Power HD Waterproof Super Torque Digital Servo 20kg-cm Wehlee Axial RR10 Bomber 9 08-07-2016 01:39 PM
Ducted fan or exposed prop for scale fan-powered car? Rudukai13 Non Crawler RC's 11 07-18-2014 03:18 PM
ESC fan & heatsink fan wiring question slashbasher Electronics 2 03-25-2010 10:59 PM