Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Did I get a bad DX5C??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Did I get a bad DX5C??

Hello! just tonight I received my spanking new DX5C with the 6 channel RX and installed the Bronc. I keep finding that the radio wont retain its memory-I would set a particular switch to perform a specific function, continue on to find that it had returned to factory, oddly SOME settings would stay though. Im also having trouble COMPLETELY disabling the AVC, even when following the destructions......

Any ideas??
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2018, 06:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Did I get a bad DX5C??

A little more details...

I find that once all the settings are good to go the AVC is still active, I scroll to the avc, "open" it and the servos twitch, even without making it active. I would then return to the settings I had previously made and they would be back to default. Some "trade up"!
Old 09-13-2018, 08:40 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

if you just make the AVC inactive, it is still turned on.
too disable it you use 2 bind plugs, one in bind port, one in disable port. then bind the remote.
or leave avc on but change all values to zero.

binding at 5.5ms did funky stuff on my dx5r, everything worked fine at 11ms, I cant notice 5.5ms vs 11ms so I just bind stuff at 11ms now.

on your avc menu do you have an r in a circle behind AVC, kinda like a AVC® I think I disabled mine when I bound it and guessing thats what that R is, but thats 100% speculation.

I dont think I ever updated the software, but you should do that before ou mess with it to much if there is one, cause that will probably erace stuff too.

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 09-13-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:10 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Not too sure about the DX5C but a couple of years ago I got a very slightly used DX4C for real cheap because the original owner had the same problem. If you bind an AVC receiver with the AVC active on a DX4C, you will have the problems as you describe. Maybe on the DX5C you will need to use two (2) bind plugs to disable the AVC as Voodoobrew has stated and that might solve the settings problem. Or, as I did originally, try a receiver without AVC capabilities and see what happens. Receivers without AVC capabilities should only need the one (1) bind plug.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:14 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

You can use an old servo if you only have one bind plug I think
Old 09-14-2018, 05:00 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
if you just make the AVC inactive, it is still turned on.
too disable it you use 2 bind plugs, one in bind port, one in disable port. then bind the remote.
or leave avc on but change all values to zero.

binding at 5.5ms did funky stuff on my dx5r, everything worked fine at 11ms, I cant notice 5.5ms vs 11ms so I just bind stuff at 11ms now.

on your avc menu do you have an r in a circle behind AVC, kinda like a AVC® I think I disabled mine when I bound it and guessing thats what that R is, but thats 100% speculation.

I dont think I ever updated the software, but you should do that before ou mess with it to much if there is one, cause that will probably erace stuff too.
This. It's on all the time unless you do a bind plug reset. It's in the instructions.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:30 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys.
I have since payed closer attention to the instructions (I'm a guy, they usually get thrown out...) I've tried leaving the disable plug in after binding, removing it after binding and have get the gain's to 0 per the instructions, still I get the magically disappearing settings when I scroll into the AVC menu. I cant imagine anything other than a reset of some sort returning things to default.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:27 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Well....not sure what I did, maybe it was the threat of the ole stomp n grind but it’s now working as it should. Thanks for helping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
This. It's on all the time unless you do a bind plug reset. It's in the instructions.
Yes its on if you set all the values to zero, but it has zero effect, so basically off.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

This most likely explains why I can't get my winch to work with mine... I am much better at welding than I am setting up tech stuff....
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 01:26 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
This most likely explains why I can't get my winch to work with mine... I am much better at welding than I am setting up tech stuff....
That's likely because you're trying to assign a switch that's already taken by another function. It's odd that the software doesn't allow an override, but it's a thing.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
That's likely because you're trying to assign a switch that's already taken by another function. It's odd that the software doesn't allow an override, but it's a thing.

Not trying to hyjack by any means but..... I would love a quick bullet how to. If you have the time that is...... You have definitely identified my issue. Messed with it for a bit. I know it’s wired right. Heyok 4amp with a juggernaut servo winch is my combo.

Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Not trying to hyjack by any means but..... I would love a quick bullet how to. If you have the time that is...... You have definitely identified my issue. Messed with it for a bit. I know it’s wired right. Heyok 4amp with a juggernaut servo winch is my combo.

If its wired up right all that should be left to do is assign a button to the AUX channel you've plugged the winch into and set that same button to work as a 3 position switch and you should probably take the hook off the end of the winch while you get it setup.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:41 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

There is already a thread and a YouTube video on the dx5c explaining how to tell the winch to tie into throttle, so that when the winch is active it works with the tires to pull you up. Which is usually a good thing.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:41 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Welp, call me slow but seems I’ve figured out what’s causing a “reset”. If you go into AVC, and simply toggle from “inhibit” to “active” back to “inhibit” it causes any programming done to the AUX channels to default to factory.
And you have to make AVC active to turn the gains down to zero to disable the avc.....I think...
BTW no worries over highjacking, it all helps me learn!

Old 09-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I think my dx5c resets when I go into AVC and edit as well. But I haven't tested it. But it reset yesterday when I checked out my settings for this thread. And was no resets for a while prior. Fortunately once avc is disabled you don't need to go back into that menu.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Man I hope not!

Old 09-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Here's the switch defaults for you:

A: Throttle Trim
B: Steering Trim
C: None
D: None
E: Steering Rate Up
F: Brake Rate Up
G: Timer Start/Stop

You can inhibit each in their respective submenus and then set up how you'd like.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:56 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I will say that if it bugs you enough and they let you return the DX5C, I really am liking the DX5R and think its worth the extra. I haven't used other brands though, except the stock Tactic.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:42 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

x 2 on the 2 bind plugs to truly turn off / deactivate AVC. It does NOT fully turn off by disabling at the Tx. If you search "disabling AVC" on youtube, there's a good video that runs you through the process. Pretty straight forward, but you will need two bind plugs.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did I get a bad DX5C?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spektrum dx5c wcdfmt510 Electronics 11 08-22-2021 10:39 PM
DX5C Receivers joshiepoogoose Electronics 3 01-23-2019 02:50 PM
Dx5c with avc DKOR Electronics 14 04-06-2018 12:20 PM
DX5C Aux 1 colind Electronics 2 02-25-2018 06:51 PM
DX5C Settings ?? Browneye Electronics 3 12-31-2017 02:40 PM