RCC Addict

Default Re: FlySky FS-NB4 - ambidextrous pistol grip

Good man. I'm sure you will like it.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Has anyone else tried out this radio yet? Any tips on set up or how you like it.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #43
RCC Addict

I have only set up 2 speed shift on my Twin Hammers. Apart from that nothing else as my other trucks are just 2 channel as I dont use winches. I want to see how the toggle works if using a winch, but all i have is an esc which I could probably set up somehow.

The 2 speed I set up by just setting the trans in low gear and using the end point adjustment to control the servo movement. Push once it's in low gear, push again it goes high gear, push again back to low. This is on SW3 on the front side of the wheel (if right handed).

Last edited by M1tch; 01-19-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:59 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Some photos I took this evening. Compared to the Spektrum DX4S I have used until now.
The Noble is a good bit smaller. Slightly heavier with the base battery, but (obviously) lighter without it. DX4S was weighed with batteries in.

With battery

Without battery

DX4S weight (wth batteries)

Last edited by M1tch; 01-16-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:49 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the info M1tch for now it looks like it's just going to be me and you with this radio.
Ernie
Old 01-16-2019, 11:06 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Oh, I dunno. Possibly more out there. Hopefully receivers will become easier to find. I got 3 off a guy in the uk, but would like the smaller FGR4s as well. Can't seem to find them anywhere.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Photos of the 2 receivers that came with my Noble. The large FGR4 and tiny FGR4S. Spektrum SR410 rx for comparison.

Sorry for the colur cast. Crappy light in my kitchen.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:55 AM   #48

First I would like to thank all the brave pioneers who are testing the radio so people can see what it's all about before buying one.

I am considering buying this as my next radio but won't have cash to splash until March or April.

One thing I always wondered about RC radios is why they haven't gone to color touchscreens with more features and nicer, easier to use User Interfaces much sooner. I have worked in IT and technology for about 22 years and I see amazing things that cost less with far more technology inside.

Take the basic cell phone. I can buy one now for under $100 that has millions of functions (slight exaggeration ) but an RC radio with a monochrome screen and just a few hundred functions cost 2x - 3x more than the cell phone.

They seem like similar devices so I always wondered why RC equipment lags so far behind. Development cost? Manufacturing costs? Limited production?
Achilles Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:01 AM   #49
RCC Addict

I wonder about that myself. However some people are unwilling to take on new rc tech for some reason, yet might rush out to get the newest shiniest "smart" phone. Another problem is sometimes manufacturers dont make stuff backwards compatible, just like Flysky have done with the Noble. Does it really matter to someone driving a slow crawler need the latest high speed connection? Maybe racers would need it I guess.

As I'm moving to a different brand it doesn't bother me that much, but someone with older Flysky rx's is going to have to change them out to use this radio. The reviews I have seen all praise this radio, so it's worth the risk to me.

i have the same dilemma with cameras. I have a Panasonic and Olympus camers that use the same lens mount, but if I change brands I'm going to have to spend a load of money on lenses unless I find an adaptor that works (highly unlikely).
Old 01-18-2019, 11:46 PM   #50
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles Fender View Post

One thing I always wondered about RC radios is why they haven't gone to color touchscreens with more features and nicer, easier to use User Interfaces much sooner. I have worked in IT and technology for about 22 years and I see amazing things that cost less with far more technology inside.

Take the basic cell phone. I can buy one now for under $100 that has millions of functions (slight exaggeration ) but an RC radio with a monochrome screen and just a few hundred functions cost 2x - 3x more than the cell phone.

They seem like similar devices so I always wondered why RC equipment lags so far behind. Development cost? Manufacturing costs? Limited production?
Quantity.

There are over a billion potential customers for a smart phone. I would be surprised if there are over a million potential customers for an RC car radio.

So when your market is over 1000x smaller, then prices go up because you can't make as many.

Production costs go up at smaller quantity and you have to charge more per unit to recoup development costs.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:50 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Is there any new info about the firmware update they announced to bring 18ch to this radio? Last info i read was end 2018 or begin of 2019.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:39 AM   #52
RCC Addict

I haven't heard of anything. The Flysky website is hard to figure out. They have a Facebook page, but can't see anything there either.

Last edited by M1tch; 01-19-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:27 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
I haven't hear of anything. The Flysky website is hard to figure out. They have a Facebook page, but can't see anything there either.

I'm just wondering if it was just a rumor?? It would be cool, but that would require new receiver, and I don't see enough buttons, switches and levers to handle that many channels? Just kind of thinking out loud!
Ernie
Old 01-19-2019, 09:51 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Yeah, I don't see how it could do 18 channels, but then I'm also no expert in these matters. Some of my trucks (both Ascenders) only need 2 channels. I have an old Clod stick crawler with 2 esc's and 4 wheel steer I might set up with the Noble and try mixing throttle and steering on it. That'll be fun.

Last edited by M1tch; 01-19-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:34 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Thx for your answers. I think they could use the display for the extra ch, it's a touch screen. As far as i know they announced it at FB as they releases the radio.

magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

This definitely looks interesting... Was thinking about the new DX5 Rugged, since 95% of my vehicles are already running Spektrum receivers... Not sure if this would be enough of an improvement to justify the cost of buying a bunch of extra receivers...
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #57
RCC Addict

I have the DX4S and was looking the DX5 Rugged myself. I just wanted something more compact though. I decided on the Noble after seeing a few Youtube reviews. So far no complaints except not being able to find the micro receivers for sale.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:51 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
Is there any new info about the firmware update they announced to bring 18ch to this radio? Last info i read was end 2018 or begin of 2019.

Highly interested in this, too!

Want to buy a Flysky Noble, but do want to know before buying, if I can upgrade the 4-ch noble to the 18-ch one, or if this will be a new model.

Do not need 18 channels, but 6 channels at least would be fine.
Do not know, why they only did 4 channels… while the FS-GT5/Turnigy GT5 do already have 6 channels (what is sufficient for most crawlers).

Walter

Last edited by donaldsneffe; 01-23-2019 at 12:18 PM.
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:05 PM   #59
RCC Addict

I have been setting up my old Clod stick crawler to to how it works with the Noble. Using the channel mixing and one of the scroll wheels on the side to control offset I can underdrive the rear wheels. I'm still trying to figure out the steering though. Although there is a "Crawler mode" which is supposed to cycle through 4 options to have Normal/Front/Rear/Crab, I just cant get it to crab. Still interesting though, and eventually my non techy brain should work it out.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:09 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
I have been setting up my old Clod stick crawler to to how it works with the Noble. Using the channel mixing and one of the scroll wheels on the side to control offset I can underdrive the rear wheels. I'm still trying to figure out the steering though. Although there is a "Crawler mode" which is supposed to cycle through 4 options to have Normal/Front/Rear/Crab, I just cant get it to crab. Still interesting though, and eventually my non techy brain should work it out.
Well M1tch, I can see your going to have this radio all figured out by the time I get mine. I haven't even received notification that it has shipped!

So when your paying with settings do you first copy that model and then play in the copy?
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 01-23-2019 at 12:14 PM.

FlySky FS-NB4 - ambidextrous pistol grip - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pistol Grip Tech SVEN Superclass Crawlers 32 08-19-2016 08:39 AM
Axon pistol grip 2.4? bolibruch1 Electronics 2 10-13-2008 09:48 AM
Pistol Grip controls RB_Steve Electronics 32 05-04-2008 07:35 AM
4 channel pistol grip? Mortimer Snerd Electronics 10 04-28-2008 11:38 AM