Default Brood motors at amain hobbies

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/electri...?fb=2854&lg=fb
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2018, 01:34 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Brood motors at amain hobbies

The reason I never consider brood motors during a motor purchase is because the way that they name and label the motors make it hard for me to understand why I should choose one over another. For example if I want the smoothest startup, I don't know which brood motor to get. Brood does give lots of info, its just not for laymen IMO. Brood had a link on their site meant to have this info, but last time I looked it still said soon to come.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Old site had motor descriptions, along with info on each motor with the differences....not sure how I can name them to tell you which is the smoothest startup, let alone anyone else that does that....tekin doesn't, holmes doesnt really, unless you consider puller or crawlmaster an indication of the smoothest...

Website and facebook, both allowed a buyer to ask by message or email to simply ASK questions...

New site I have simplified the motors for the most part...still working on some stuff including better descriptions and ratings, but I made it more simple for the most people.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I think a comparison chart with categories rated one to ten would help us laymen pick from your inventory. Totque, initial start speeds, ect
Old 10-10-2018, 12:50 PM   #5
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
...not sure how I can name them to tell you which is the smoothest startup,.. tekin doesn't, holmes doesnt really, unless you consider puller or crawlmaster an indication of the smoothest...

Later EddieO
Congrats on getting picked up by amain!

Maybe you don't understand other branding since destruction, natural disaster, and violent seems to be your "thing". You are a Rape™ and Pillage™ away from a full Conquest™ with your names You do you, but he's right that your branding doesn't lend to explain the differences.

Tekin has the ROC line and T series brushed motors, with Pro denoting handwounds. Pretty simple. ROC obviously means its for rock crawlers as compared to the racing offerings.

I'll break mine down too. Sport and expert motors are machine wound. Pro is handwound. TorqueMaster - more torque. CrawlMaster- better crawl. TrailMaster- generic trailing, budget choice. Puller- higher performance, high end choice. Magnum variants- bigger rotor. Revolver- the case spins and it looks like a revolver cylinder. It's not perfect, but the physical design and naming is all quite intentional and heavily labored over.

Your vendor star looks lapsed btw. Let me know if I need to poke the admins about it . I can't tell if payments are made but it still doesn't show up.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I understand your branding names and the differences....but I don't think customers make that connection. While I can see the torquemaster and crawlmaster argument, I am not sure anyone without some prior knowledge is looking at the trailmaster and coming away with the that's the budget motor for trailing, trail motor sure...but the budget term is coming straight from the price, not to mention you have used that name on 3 motors now.....not sure where someone again, without prior knowledge is reading the word puller and coming up with, oh thats the high end model high performance model...people are coming to those conclusions based off price and the product description....sport, expert, pro....same deal, people who don't know squat certainly are not going, oh the pro must be handwound....they get that from looking at the price and assuming more expensive = better..... magnum, ok its bigger, but how is someone reading the name and going, oh it must have a bigger rotor?

So I understand the point, it certainly isn't working like that to a new buyer......

So while I use names that don't really target anything to do with the motor performance....I don't see how it would work well unless you literally had 2-3 motors...hence why I don't use it....let alone listening to the "you copied this person"...

And thanks...took a while, but nice to finally be in with them...

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:36 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I'm not saying rename stuff, just get that buyers guide finished, preferably with an easy to understand chart, listing motor attributes us crawlers care about. I understand I could just ask, but I don't like asking, I like charts and numbers :P

Brood motors at amain hobbies - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMain Hobbies customer service less than stellar 2mtech Chit Chat 12 05-08-2018 07:00 AM
Amain Hobbies and other MST Products Like the XXX-Rally colbynobo Rally 3 04-26-2017 12:41 PM
Gripe about Amain hobbies. 68_f100 Chit Chat 12 09-12-2014 09:53 AM
Unofficial GTG at amain hobbies store in Chico Rastaman California 64 04-14-2014 12:15 AM