Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: RC4wd 35t motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2018, 06:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default RC4wd 35t motor

Hey,
So I'm building up a rc4wd bully 2 kit. I'm wondering how the rc4wd motors n esc's that come stock in rtr perform n last?
Or what other motor n escs would be a good set of motors to run that are around the same price range? Or am I gonna be way better off spending the extra cash for top quality motors/esc's?

Also about ESC n motor quality. Am I going to get better performance by running a high quality ESC with a cheaper motor than having the high quality motor with a cheaper ESC? ie- ESC quality more important than the motor quality? Hope my question makes sense. Lol
Thanks guys
Snyds
snydas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2018, 07:03 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: RC4wd 35t motor

I have two rigs running their 35t brushed motors. Lotta miles on them both, still running strong.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:30 PM   #3
Slow is the new Fast

I have one in my Ascender. Run it with a Hobby Wing 1080 ESC. Its a cost friendly setup and gives me all of the control I need.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I’m running them in my Bully2, can’t beat them @ $10.00.
Holmes motors will make a smoothness and torque difference you will feel. Run the stockers , get comfy, then splurge on some hand wound.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 01:13 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

from what i have read the yeah racing hackamoto 35t motors might have better performance for about the same cost. The next step up from there are 50$ motors that are defiantly not 5X better.

I have both but haven't done any sort of comparing them other then they both still run i cant tell you much myself. there is a cheap stuff that works good thread ere some where that might shed more light on the hackamoto motors. they are also rebuild-able and you can probably adjust the timing.

for brushed motors the hobywing 1080 for $40 is an good buy. I think it has a better functioning downhill drag break compared to the HH BLE pro and sidewinder 3's. which go down hill faster then I would like. pluss compaired to any castle esc the HW 1080 is almost compleetly silent which is important to me.

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 10-06-2018 at 01:19 AM.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:23 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thanks guys,
Smog will the hobby wing 1080 ESC work well run as a dual ESC setup? I'm set on the motors n the esc's look great.
If I run the XR4 radio that comes with the bully 2 rtr is it able to run dual esc's? Or is it able to run front n rear motors at different power or does it only have the option to use dig when fitted with The dig switch that comes stock in the rtr?
Im going for a semi budget build. N I wanna be able to under power the rear motor when needed n front/rear dig. Its not really for comps, just some free crawling, setting up my own courses/gates to wheel.
Thanks heaps guys

Last edited by snydas1987; 10-07-2018 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:31 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

The 1080 is for one motor if you want front and rear dig. Unless you get a separate dig switch. But i wouldent go that route. Dual esc's is best unless you really need to cut weight. No idea if that radio works with dual esc's. I use the spektrum dx5r and love it.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:02 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Also will the hobby wing 1080 be able to run both motors? Or do you need a different ESC to run 2 motors off the one ESC?
Thanks, I'm new to moa crawlers.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:04 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

In a MOA you can use one ESC if you use a “dig” unit that will control both motors. Most of the electronic digs are junk. If you run two esc’s you Can run both, run either separately, or lock one up. With a good TX you can also adjust proportions between the two, example when going up, you can dial down the rear to just barely turn, so it allows the rear to follow rather than push.
I run a BRMD with my Futaba 4PLS.

Hang up and Drive
Old 10-08-2018, 12:31 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

What's BRMD mean? Is it going to cost a lot more to set up dual esc's and the controller to be able to run the dual esc's?
I'm not gonna compete so not sure if I need them over the stock ESC n dig setup that comes in the rtr bully 2.
When u say junk, do u mean brake easy or just don't work that good?
Old 10-08-2018, 12:44 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Brmd HOLMES HOBBIES TORQUEMASTER BR MINI Dual its one esc designed for 2 motors.
Cost for dual esc roughly $250 for transmitter and another $80 for 2 esc's, few dollars for battery splitter to power both esc's
Old 10-08-2018, 05:44 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by snydas1987 View Post
What's BRMD mean? Is it going to cost a lot more to set up dual esc's and the controller to be able to run the dual esc's?
I'm not gonna compete so not sure if I need them over the stock ESC n dig setup that comes in the rtr bully 2.
When u say junk, do u mean brake easy or just don't work that good?
BRMD.......Holmes Hobby BR Mini Dual ESC.
this is two BR minis smashed together in one small package very adjustable.

The stock Bully electronics are cheap. and will fail quickly.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:15 AM   #13
RCC Addict

The RC4WD 35T motors are good. The only comparison I can make personally is with a Tekin 35T HD. That Tekin is definitely smoother low rpm. It cost about 3 times as much though.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #14

I used to run RC4WD 35T motors, but after running other motors I realized they don't have the torque that other motors have. I've since moved to Gool RC or even Holmes closed can motors.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:12 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

So its prob gonna be cheaper n better performance to go with dual hobby wing 1080 esc's and controller to suit dual esc's?
But the homes hobbies torque master br mini for dual motors looks the goods,
What dig switch would you say is good quality?
I'm stuck between dual esc's (hobby wing 1080's) and the Holmes hobbies torque master be mini and a dig switch with a 3 channel none mixing radio.
I'm thinking I'll jus go with single ESC n dig switch to start with til I learn enough about driving n using the controls/settings. And then upgrade to dual esc's and a controller to suit later on. As I can then use the esc n dig switch in my yeti which has no radio gear/electronics as they got stollen in another car.
Do you think that's a good way to go?
Plus I'll be able to use the dual ESC n radio benefits better as I'll have some good drive time up by then. I'll make a new post with my planned setup n see what you guys think.
Appreciate all your help n advice on these subjects, been a great help. I'm starting to understand things properly now.
Cheers snyds
Old 10-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Well a good radio can upgrade all your cars, not just one. Just buy mor recievers. Only downside is if you use more then one of you vehicles at once.

If you plan on getting 2 radios, one for the yeti ane for the bully. I would just get one nice one that can also do moa.

RC4wd 35t motor - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Boost 35t motor? BJoe Electronics 11 12-11-2015 11:24 AM
RC4WD 35T can motor timing reden Electronics 2 03-19-2011 05:52 AM