Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 3 position dig switch controllers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2018, 01:02 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 3 position dig switch controllers

I'm looking for controller to run single ESC dual moa bully 2. It needs to have 3 position dig switch.
3 channels at least. Not sure if dual esc's mixing controller is in my budget. I like the futaba 4pk controller but 'm trying to stay as budget as possible. Do they make any decent controllers with dual ESC mixing n dig setups for around $300US.
Maybe going for a 2nd hand futaba 4pk would be the go for me.
Open to options guys, I'm not going to compete so maybe a 3 channel with 3position dig switch is the go for me. I'm abit stuck on how to go about setting up rc4wd bully 2 kit that I'm buying next month.
Thanks heaps
Thanks snyds

Last edited by snydas1987; 10-10-2018 at 02:02 AM.
snydas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2018, 03:57 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 3 position dig switch controllers

The ttx300 tactic stock axial remote can control an esc dig switch and it is super cheap on eBay as people usualy upgrade from it.

If you want a controller to ru. 2 separate esc's I recomend the spectrum dx5r or its newer dx5 pro. It sells for 250 I think. I haven't tried futaba so I have no recomendation there.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:01 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

A hacked GT3B transmitter will give you the dual ESC mixing so you can have dig and is by far the least expensive. The GT3B works with 3ch,6ch, and 8ch receivers.
Search here for the GT3B hacked thread.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by snydas1987 View Post
I'm looking for controller to run single ESC dual moa bully 2. It needs to have 3 position dig switch.
3 channels at least. Not sure if dual esc's mixing controller is in my budget. I like the futaba 4pk controller but 'm trying to stay as budget as possible. Do they make any decent controllers with dual ESC mixing n dig setups for around $300US.
Maybe going for a 2nd hand futaba 4pk would be the go for me.
Open to options guys, I'm not going to compete so maybe a 3 channel with 3position dig switch is the go for me. I'm abit stuck on how to go about setting up rc4wd bully 2 kit that I'm buying next month.
Thanks heaps
Thanks snyds
I still make one. Really simple and reliable:
MOA Dig Controller

Al
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

The dx5r looks the goods. Its in my price range n iv heard a few people run them n good reviews.
Dual ESC mixing and front n rear dig option.
Voodoobrew Are they easy to setup and the dig switch/switches, are they in a comfortable/easy to use?
Old 10-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Is there a spectrum controller that has the same mixing, dig operation as the dx5r with less channels or is the dx5r the lowest grade that has the dual ESC mixing n dig option?
Also when running dual esc's does each one require a channel? So 2 channels for 2 esc's. Just trying to learn as much as I can before I make my orders.
Thanks heaps guys, you been great help.
Snyds
Old 10-11-2018, 01:18 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The dx5r looks the goods. Its in my price range n iv heard a few people run them n good reviews.
Dual ESC mixing and front n rear dig option.
Voodoobrew Are they easy to setup and the dig switch/switches, are they in a comfortable/easy to use?
I think it is easy to set up, White trash did not, so... maybe?
I set the dig to the switch in the dx5r I think the thing to note is you hve to set each dig because the default is 50/50. so once it is set to the swich, go to each setting then change the dig setting with thte front/rear %trim thingy.

I have only owned dx5c, dx5r and a tactic ttx300 all of them felt fine to me, whats to be uncomfortable, You have sissy gurly hands er something? :P

I don't know if there are other good reviews on the dx5r here or if all of the good reviews here are from me :P

It has recently been discontinued but still easy to find i think, the dx5 pro is the new version, I dont own it, but i think its the same thing with a hardware change to accept other batteries. the dx5r uses 4double aa's that last about 2 weeks and the battery door screws on, thats my only gripe. the screws may wear out.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:23 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Is there a spectrum controller that has the same mixing, dig operation as the dx5r with less channels or is the dx5r the lowest grade that has the dual ESC mixing n dig option?
Also when running dual esc's does each one require a channel? So 2 channels for 2 esc's. Just trying to learn as much as I can before I make my orders.
Thanks heaps guys, you been great help.
Snyds
I have used the dx5c, you can program it to have front or rear dig, but i never found out how to get front and rear dig, I would not recommend it from moa, because the dx5r is so much better at it. but I ran the dx5c for a few months, Honestly it was acceptable since I don't use dig all that often and rarely front dig at all. also front to rear perportanion controll I never figured out on the dx5c, so the way i added more power to the rear on a steep hill was to adjust the trim i think, wasn't the best.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:44 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Hey guys - sorry! I thought he was looking for a three position type of dig control that uses a single ESC, not a dual ESC version.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:22 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I was going for the single ESC, dig switch but the conversation went towards running dual esc's n controller to suit. Sorry guys. Lol
Are the sanwa and spectrum controllers both sane quality? Which one would you say is a better buy between the sanwa mt4 n spectrum dx5r.?
Also can you change the mixing on the fly with the mt4? And does it have separate dig switch's? Unlike the dx5r that voodoobrew mentioned about.
I wanna be able to do dig with just a switch n then adjust the mixing ℅ on the fly with separate button?
The futaba 4pk seems to be really easy to do all these controls but $500US is a lot but if its that much better n easier to use I might be better off saving double the money to get one.
My main need is front n rear mixing %'s with button switch that can be done while driving. So the dx5, is the mixing done by button/switch without going into your menu to change mixing %'s or does it have to be done by going into the menu n changing the default?
Sorry for all the questions, I just don't wanna buy something that's hard to use or doesn't have the feature usage I need.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:52 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

On the dx5r once it is set up you do not need to enter the menu.

Never used sanwa or futaba.
Futaba has a cheaper remote then 500$ that should do all this but I haven't used so i cannot recomend.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:36 PM   #12
Hal
Quarry Creeper

I have an MT4. It will do both dig or proportional. You can set up any of the buttons or switches to do what you like (programable) I use mine for MOA, boat, and scaler as well as my shafty or my Bomber. I realy like it. I find it easy to program also, if not someone on utube probably has a video how to do what I need. I just picked up a used MT4 pro for 125.00 not a bad price for what you get.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Am i correct that the Mt4 is a sanwa product?
Old 10-16-2018, 04:55 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

A hacked GT3C can do just about anything and more than the more expensive radios starting around $50 with receivers under $10 for 3ch and 6ch. 8ch receivers are between $15-$20 usually.

1s Lipo battery
Works with 3,6,and 8ch RXs from FlySky, Turnigy, HobbyKing, Eurgle, Redcat,HSP & The axial AR-3 RX that came with the AX-3 TX, and a few others I'm forgetting.
You can map any button to any channel.
You can make the push buttons behave as 2 position, 3 Position, or multi step position in any order not just in sequence.
you can adjust servo Speed for each channel.
Each button also can have a different function for short press and long press.
Then there's mixing for 4WS, dual ESC steering like tanks and boats, and Dual ESC like for MOA which would give you ESC dig as well as being able to individually adjust the front or rear motors on the fly sort of like an adjustable over/under drive.
I've been running my GT3Bs for almost 10 years.
The programming menu takes getting used to with all the abbreviated terms, but once you learn it you'll be fine. There's also tons of setup videos. ItZ honestly hard to beat for the $

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote

3 position dig switch controllers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stick Radio w/ 3 position switch for dig skkeeter General Crawlers 17 05-24-2010 10:26 PM
Dig with a 2 position switch? merlcrawl Electronics 27 11-12-2009 08:49 PM
New 3 Channel 2.4 GHZ Radio w/ 2 Receivers (3 position switch for dig) 189.99 RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 38 10-16-2009 11:24 PM
Anyone using a 2 position switch with the dig?? ripper7777777 Team Losi Comp Crawler 24 06-18-2009 03:52 PM