Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Sirius XM For My Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Sirius XM For My Crawler

This isn't going to be too earth-shattering, but thought I would share my solution for tunes in my truck. Perhaps it will provide food for thought for your project.

My crawling buddy clips a BT speaker to his belt when we trail and I've always enjoyed having the tunes along - it helps that he has reasonably good taste in music.

As a matter of fact, I really never understood the value of being able to stream XM over the internet, having always had a bazillion songs on an Ipod, and I don't really listen to music when I'm on a computer. I just didn't really get it. But I have two newer vehicles with SiriusXM and when I found out you could stream to your iPhone and play on a BT speaker I was dumbfounded. Yes, I can be a bit slow at times. Amazing since I'm a network technician - on the bleeding edge of everything e-tailing.

So I have been looking for a suitable way to put BT music ON or IN my truck, not on my belt. I've searched high and low for a speaker, even researched BT receiver modules and miniature speaker parts. A little more complicated than I wanted to get into - my tech time is pretty much devoted to crawling ability on my rigs. My buddy shows up one day for some crawling and he's got this mini BT speaker in his hand - it is EXACTLY what I've been looking for!

So we figure out how to attach this thing to various rigs - it can be put on the battery pack on an Ascender with a velcro strap, or right on the rear frame behind the motor on a SCX10ii.

I went searching online for one of these and find they've been discontinued by the manufacturer - HDMX. But I was able to find one on Amazon for $5, and another from a close-out for $30. $35 for two of them was do-able.

My Blazer is my casual trailing rig so I mod'd the body to let more sound through - speaker style - with holes to let the sound out, covered with recycled auto carpet on the top side. Awesome!

You should see the people we meet out in public driving these things - they have a fit when they see (hear) it has a built in radio. And I get all my favorite tunes streamed in by satellite.

Isn't technology grand!

Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Sirius XM For My Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTF! BTLS not on Sirius anymore... BrentH Chit Chat 9 01-05-2011 07:05 PM
Sirius going under? Mayhem Eng. Chit Chat 19 02-13-2009 05:42 PM
xm or sirius? Crawlsalot Chit Chat 20 12-27-2007 11:06 AM
XM or Sirius?? slobin3d Chit Chat 30 03-05-2007 11:43 AM