Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Why won't my radio store set-ups for a particular model??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2018, 06:45 PM   #1

Default Why won't my radio store set-ups for a particular model??

OK, here is my issue..... I have a Spektrum DX4C radio and when I select button A, I set it for AUX 1 3P, then I select button B, and set it for AUX 2 3P, button C( priority), button D(brake), button E (timer). Now when I go to "copy" and hit the "yes" prompt, all is well. Then when I shut the model and the receiver down, then re-boot both back up again, the A and B switches go to "Inhib." and I have to reset A & B again to the AUX positions I want. I've read the manual front to back and don't know if I'm missing something. OR.... is it that the AUX positions aren't meant to be saved?? I only have one model stored on this radio and it can store up to 20. Everything works(model receiver and radio are bound), except for that. Also this radio has AVC, but I have that set to "Inhib." Seems like a waste to have memory and not be able to use it.
I know it's got to something real simple, give me a wrench(or a big enough hammer,LoL!) and I can tear it apart, then put it back together, but this simple electronic stuff...…!
Thanks in advance for any and all replies and help with this.
OLD GUY!
RC'n OLD GUY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2018, 09:33 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Why won't my radio store set-ups for a particular model??

If you are using a receiver with AVC features I believe you must bind the receiver using two (2) bind plugs. One (1) plug goes in the Bind/Battery Port and the other goes in the Disable Port. I don't believe you can do what you're trying by just setting AVC to Inhibit. Might be worth a try to see if it resolves your issues . . . . . . .
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:01 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I have come across an issue on the spektrum dx5c or dx5r (I cant remember which) where if I enter the AVC dialogue (possibly you have to change AVC settings and not just enter the dialogue), some settings get reset. So disable AVC on the reciever or set all the settings on the transmitter to zero and leave it enabled, then never mess with it again. Perhaps this isn't your issue though.

One time I went 4 days with out sleep and my remote kept doing strange things too. Perhaps this isn't your issue also.

There is no save button to hit, exiting the menu should do it, I do think the changes are written to a file during the shutdown phase of the transmitter, or when you change profiles as pulling the batteries while the remote is on, I think resets some settings.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler48 View Post
If you are using a receiver with AVC features I believe you must bind the receiver using two (2) bind plugs. One (1) plug goes in the Bind/Battery Port and the other goes in the Disable Port. I don't believe you can do what you're trying by just setting AVC to Inhibit. Might be worth a try to see if it resolves your issues . . . . . . .
Initially when I setup/installed my receiver, I left the "DISABLE" bind plug in, and then bound the receiver with the BAT. bind plug. Soooo... in essence, my AVC should not be active at all, no matter what setting it is set at. Thanks for the reminder about the AVC disable bind plug, since I did forget about it. OLD GUY!
Old 11-15-2018, 07:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
I have come across an issue on the spektrum dx5c or dx5r (I cant remember which) where if I enter the AVC dialogue (possibly you have to change AVC settings and not just enter the dialogue), some settings get reset. So disable AVC on the reciever or set all the settings on the transmitter to zero and leave it enabled, then never mess with it again. Perhaps this isn't your issue though.

One time I went 4 days with out sleep and my remote kept doing strange things too. Perhaps this isn't your issue also.

There is no save button to hit, exiting the menu should do it, I do think the changes are written to a file during the shutdown phase of the transmitter, or when you change profiles as pulling the batteries while the remote is on, I think resets some settings.
You might be on to something, I set my buttons the way I wanted them for my Wraith and made sure they worked(except for the B switch), then I turned the radio OFF, then back ON. The SWITCH screen showed the two AUX switches were INHIB., but
the A switch(for my winch) worked as advertised. I could not check the B switch due to the fact I don't have my lights hooked to a receiver switch yet. So once I receive my Heyok receiver switch, I'll be able to better tell if my preset switches work as I want. Thanks for giving me other scenarios to think about, and yes electrical issues keep me awake also! OLD GUY!

Why won't my radio store set-ups for a particular model?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
set ups rckid14 Team Losi Comp Crawler 2 10-25-2009 10:00 PM
Set ups wrightcs77 Team Losi Comp Crawler 11 06-17-2009 08:27 PM
Suspension set-ups Rhino 10 Newbie General 10 08-28-2007 08:08 PM