Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 7PXR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2021, 01:40 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Exclamation Futaba 7PXR

I'm trying to get my head around how to take advantage of the 70/30 throttle function on the 7PXR. I get the general concept behind how having a longer acceleration throttle stroke on the trigger can make acceleration smoother and more precise. But I don't understand how that can be achieved on the 7PXR since there is no mechanical adjustment available to make the acceleration stroke any wider. Compare that to, let's say, the Traxxas TQI radio where toggling the 70/30 switch physically changes the mechanical stroke of the throttle. Just to be clear, I'm talking about an electric powered car with a Mamba Monster X ESC. Am I missing something here?
maverick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2021, 05:53 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Futaba 7PXR

First, neither the vehicle type, nor the ESC, matters in this. Second, I'm in the same boat as you, albeit with the 7PX. That one baffled me when I got my 7PX three years ago. The difference is that you thought of creating a thread, going to find out from others who might already have the answer (ie. I never did such a thing...which is exactly why I'm not following this thread). Hopefully, someone out there has the answer, and can help all 7PX owners.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:11 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Futaba 7PXR

I guess this question would be just as relevant to other radios, not just the 7PX. At one time, I wondered if it was a nitro only thing but even then, the trigger stroke would need to be physically modified.
maverick67 is offline   Reply With Quote