Notices

Thread: Spektrum DX5 Rugged

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2020, 10:39 AM   #241
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Spektrum DX5 Rugged

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
How did you update the touch pad? Bought a later version of the black one or sent back to Horizon for an update?
They should offer some fix for this, it's clearly been a defect since day one.
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2020, 09:18 AM   #242
I wanna be Dave

So the power switch just broke off inside the radio of my Rugid. It felt kinda funky for a couple weeks. It's about 4 monthes out of warranty. Anyone had this issue or have any hints on successful surgery? I'm going to open it up and see if I can't fixer it up. Its mated to 10 of my most popular trucks, so the time it takes to program is just as annoying as the cost of a replacement radio.

I can't help but find the irony that this is the "rugid" version and the lanyard loop ripped open on day two, most of the rubber trim pieces have come undone, the stickers are peeling off, and now the switch issue. In hindsight I'm not seeing how this radio is a better choice than a regular dx5. Oh, and having a waterproof radio come with a non-waterproofed reciever is just wrong.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:31 AM   #243
Quarry Creeper

Open it up and check the complexity and see if you can do it yourself.

Worse case scenario you send it in to Horizon Hobby to get it fix but you'll be without your Tx for a week or two. They will fix it for free even though it's out of warranty. They'll just charge you for the parts and return shipping ($12.50, last time it happened to me). I sent my 5 year old airplane Tx for a broken antenna tube and a busted trim switch.
Kingmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #244
Rock Crawler

I got mine right when they came out and have had 0 issues with it. Recently picked up a Futaba 4PM and one of the switches broke off this weekend, which was the first time it ever left my house...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:33 AM   #245
Rock Stacker

I just programmed my dx5 rugged yesterday. Have ch 2 for my 2 speed on push button g. Works great. But trying while trying to get my winch programed to B in 3 position, I accidentally made it L, and I can’t change it now, and find even know where L is. My first radio and rc in almost a decade so thanks for any help!
Clemsoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:37 PM   #246
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncrawler View Post
I just programmed my dx5 rugged yesterday. Have ch 2 for my 2 speed on push button g. Works great. But trying while trying to get my winch programed to B in 3 position, I accidentally made it L, and I can’t change it now, and find even know where L is. My first radio and rc in almost a decade so thanks for any help!
Select the aux you want it to use then in the place that you select the switch, push the switch you want to use on that channel. If that switch isn't being used by anything else it'll set it .

Hope that makes sense to you
Damion10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:59 PM   #247
Rock Stacker

Awesome. Thank ya. I’ll get er right when I get back home front tha road👍
Clemsoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:15 AM   #248
I wanna be Dave

So I opened up my Rugid. No magic inside. Just take out the screws and CAREFULLY spread the upper section around the screen. The screen is glued to the case halves, but if your gentle it'll peel away without damaging anything.
Found a small screw that fell out upon splitting the case halves. It holds the on/off button in place and has a little spring. Put switch and spring back in place, reinstall screw and we're back in business.

Also took the time to fully seat the baby bumper trim work that was falling out. Judging by the witness Mark's on the tabs they were never fully seated at the factory.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:45 PM   #249
Pebble Pounder

Anyone have an suggestions to my mytrick dragon to work from the dx5? I have all the plugs in place, and I have it setup on aux1 for light control, assigned to the g switch, but nothing happens when I trigger the g button. Thanks in advance.
cliffdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:25 PM   #250
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdawg View Post
Anyone have an suggestions to my mytrick dragon to work from the dx5? I have all the plugs in place, and I have it setup on aux1 for light control, assigned to the g switch, but nothing happens when I trigger the g button. Thanks in advance.
I don't have a dragon light controller, but does it need a momentary or switched signal?? something to check.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:42 AM   #251
Quarry Creeper

I have multiple dragon controllers off my DX5C, one thing to note, is you need to deselect the original function of that button (I think G is the Timer button). Once it's turned off you can go into the Aux Assign menu and assign G to be the button to use. Once you activate it, you'll have to select inhibit on the correct button mode.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:54 AM   #252
Rock Stacker

Got the rugged green edition.
Can set AUX as expected, but is there any way to set the AUX as 3 position?
Cannot find how to do this, and my winch expects a 3 position AUX channel instead of the standard 2 position...
Nelanzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:00 PM   #253
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelanzor View Post
Got the rugged green edition.
Can set AUX as expected, but is there any way to set the AUX as 3 position?
Cannot find how to do this, and my winch expects a 3 position AUX channel instead of the standard 2 position...
You can choose between momentary, 2 position, and 3 position on most aux channels, its in your aux assign at the bottom, that will tell you what type its currently set on. select that and you can switch between them
Old 01-21-2021, 08:58 PM   #254
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damion10 View Post
You can choose between momentary, 2 position, and 3 position on most aux channels, its in your aux assign at the bottom, that will tell you what type its currently set on. select that and you can switch between them
The button assignment sometims doesn't allow 3 position. No need move to a different aux ch. on the reciever. Just assign it to a different letter and try again if 3 way isnt available.

Just clarifying.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:31 AM   #255
Pebble Pounder

Getting back into the hobby. Want to get an updated radio & reciever for my 2nd crawler. That way new comers can roll along too.

Anyway I'd like to get the Green transmitter but can't find the combo of TX & RX. I only find the grey/black radio offers the combo.
Is that accurate?..Or am I overseeing the combo with green radio?
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 02:32 AM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Getting back into the hobby. Want to get an updated radio & reciever for my 2nd crawler. That way new comers can roll along too.

Anyway I'd like to get the Green transmitter but can't find the combo of TX & RX. I only find the grey/black radio offers the combo.
Is that accurate?..Or am I overseeing the combo with green radio?
I don’t think there’s a combo version of the colored ones. I just bought a black one, and I made sure that it had the updated touchpad by emailing horizon about it.
MizuNoLorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 06:04 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizuNoLorien View Post
I don’t think there’s a combo version of the colored ones. I just bought a black one, and I made sure that it had the updated touchpad by emailing horizon about it.
I found the same. I ended up just getting them separately vs the combo rather than risk not getting the updated one and instead getting old stock.

Was there a specific SKU you used?

Radio is great and the thumbwheel I thought would be silly is actually pretty neat.
No-Idea113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:11 AM   #258
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Idea113 View Post
I found the same. I ended up just getting them separately vs the combo rather than risk not getting the updated one and instead getting old stock.

Radio is great and the thumbwheel I thought would be silly is actually pretty neat.
People in videos mention the Rugged, and after a while I decided to check it out. After reading up on it I feel pretty interested. But the SKU in this link is SPMR5200G.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...odId=SPMR5200G
Old 01-31-2021, 08:19 AM   #259
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizuNoLorien View Post
I noticed there was an updated touch screen version. I might have to make a shield fot that touch screen...young drivers fiddle around 100 times a minute trying to keep hold of radios. I'm predicting they would change a bunch of setting and not even realize it.
I'm kinda bummed none of the manufacturers have molded a TX for small hands like ages 3-8.
I'll just have to see how it goes.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:47 AM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Idea113 View Post

I don’t think they changed the sku, mine was 5200 like the original combo. They just updated the touchscreen. There’s new combo, not with the 515 receiver but with the avc one that is more recent, but unavailable in the EU yet.
MizuNoLorien is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dx5, radio, rugged, spektrum, transmitter

Spektrum DX5 Rugged - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW Spektrum DX5 Pro In Stock!! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 2 07-30-2018 09:12 AM
dx5 or dx6? rockin86runner Electronics 7 11-30-2011 11:06 AM
Spektrum DX5 Kanine38 Electronics 1 09-07-2010 05:12 AM
dx5 or dx6? dirtman Electronics 10 03-12-2009 11:40 AM
new spektrum dx5, with traxxas xl-5 esc, motor? drnedatsnov Electronics 2 01-31-2009 03:48 PM