Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Servo Questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2019, 10:59 AM   #1

Default Servo Questions...

Hey Guys!

My brother has a 1:10 Traxxas Summit. (Yes, I know it’s not really scale or anything...)
Both his high/low servo and his right steering servo have stripped the plastic gears. Traxxas sent him two sets of plastic gears as replacements to try to remedy the problem. Stripped both times. Everything has been installed correctly, although I don’t know how to set end-points. Nothing has been changed on the truck, so I figured that the stock end points would be fine. That being said the servos stripped within 6 minutes of driving it the first time.

Now the servo motor seems to just spin all the way around and the actual servo arm or whatever doesn’t move at all. (Even if there is no arm attached). Nothing is seized.
Anyone know how these servos actually work? If it’s anything like an airplane servo the motor itself shouldn’t move farther than like 90 degrees. Is that how these work as well? If so, how come the motor just spins in one direction forever? As if it’s connected to the motor spot in the receiver, which it’s not.

Sorry for the lengthy post... pretty frustrated with this thing.
edisonswartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Servo Questions...

All servos designed for surface models have a regular motor in them, the only thing stopping them from turning more than they should is the brains in the servo, which senses the position of the motor using a potentiometer. if the potentiometer can't sense any movement the brains won't stop turning the motor.

I recommend you buy some higher quality metal gear servos, the most popular brands are HiTec and Savox, but my preferred brand is ProModeler because their servos are awesome (and US made). Servos are the one electronic I will never skimp on, because you get what you pay for.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
MasteroFlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Servo Questions...

I use powerhd 20kg servos in my scx10 ii n my erbe with no issues. Ive cartwheeled my erevo mutliple times, had stuff jump out in front of me n havent had any issues from the servo. Theyre bout $20-25 on ebay

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote

Servo Questions... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
servo questions grantt8420 Electronics 4 01-06-2015 07:56 AM
Servo Questions 1fox2go Axial SCX-10 4 09-19-2013 04:12 PM
servo questions. Gravebane525 Electronics 6 07-05-2013 06:36 AM
Servo Questions mudeatter Superclass Crawlers 0 10-04-2011 03:45 PM
Steering Servo/Dig Servo Questions YJJPWrangler Electronics 5 02-02-2011 10:59 PM