Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Puller pro, Slate and Kratos comparison

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2019, 08:18 AM   #1

Default Puller pro, Slate and Kratos comparison

Any experiences on the difference (1900kv for each brand) performance between the Slate, Holmes Puller Pro and the Kratos Six? There is a spread of around $75 from the slate to the Kratos with Holmes sitting just under the $100 spot.
I am looking for ultra smooth, count the tooth slow crawl, but wheel speed when I need to launch it or run in the sand.
Also noise level will be a factor. Currently running HW1080 and HH Trail 45T. Which is super quiet but just not enough torque and no wheel speed and too high of start up RPM.
I will be pairing the Motor with Mamba X.
7lb 2.2 Open Class TCS EDGE 4WS. Single drive, single speed trans.
thanks in advance.
coneslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2019, 08:23 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Puller pro, Slate and Kratos comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneslayer View Post
Any experiences on the difference (1900kv for each brand) performance between the Slate, Holmes Puller Pro and the Kratos Six? There is a spread of around $75 from the slate to the Kratos with Holmes sitting just under the $100 spot.

I am looking for ultra smooth, count the tooth slow crawl, but wheel speed when I need to launch it or run in the sand.

Also noise level will be a factor. Currently running HW1080 and HH Trail 45T. Which is super quiet but just not enough torque and no wheel speed and too high of start up RPM.

I will be pairing the Motor with Mamba X.

7lb 2.2 Open Class TCS EDGE 4WS. Single drive, single speed trans.

thanks in advance.
IMO the Holmes and the Kratos are the only choices. The slate is ok, but the Holmes and 3BRC products are on a whole other level.

If it were me, I'd be getting the Holmes, because I have experience with his stuff and the price factor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
brimdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Puller pro, Slate and Kratos comparison

The Holmes Hobbies has a recent price drop making it the only choice in my opinion.

I have had nothing but great experiences with the brand's products and their support level is excellent.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Puller pro, Slate and Kratos comparison - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
puller pro standard or castle slate motor ? redbull8983 Axial SCX10 II 10 03-09-2019 06:29 PM
Puller Pro BL 540 Standard vs Puller Pro BL 540 Stubby NeoPyro Electronics 25 08-09-2017 11:15 AM
Motor Selection Help Needed - HH Puller Pro 540 vs HH Puller Pro 540XL WesTX Electronics 18 09-14-2016 09:16 PM
Kratos Team BWD Mini Wedge "Low Pro" Kratos Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 73 06-15-2012 10:11 PM