Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DumboRC X6 - New 6-Ch Car-Transmitter with 6-Ch Receiver (with Gyro) for 27 bucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default DumboRC X6 - New 6-Ch Car-Transmitter with 6-Ch Receiver (with Gyro) for 27 bucks

Hi,
not interesting for pros, but meant for cheap WPL, MN and JJRC trucks.
Anyway, crazy, this price:

DumboRC 6-Ch Transmitter with RX

Walter

Last edited by donaldsneffe; 04-18-2019 at 12:23 PM.
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2019, 05:52 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: New 6-Ch Car-Transmitter with 6-Ch Receiver (with Gyro) for 27 bucks

A generic one. Seen similar, but can't remember how many channels.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:55 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New 6-Ch Car-Transmitter with 6-Ch Receiver (with Gyro) for 27 bucks

wow dumbo lol

other than the dumb name it looks like its got a few cool features
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:31 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

It may as well be called dumbo, because even that's what I thought until I looked again and it was Dunbo lol.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:10 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
It may as well be called dumbo, because even that's what I thought until I looked again and it was Dunbo lol.

Where do you see "Dunbo" because everything I see says "Dumbo" with an "M".
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
Where do you see "Dunbo" because everything I see says "Dumbo" with an "M".
Strange, I guess only the last picture says Dunbo. I was looking at the pictures under details

Old 04-17-2019, 07:22 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Old 04-17-2019, 08:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Have to say it almost looks like a FlySky FS-GT2B but with 6 channels. No display screen and no multiple vehicle control so probably one reason the price is where it's at. I've already got a ton of single receiver bind only transmitters so can't see any value in this one unless you want to dedicate one 6 channel transmitter/receiver to one RC.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:18 AM   #9
RCC Addict

^ Thats what I thought, just couldn't remember the brand. Also seen something elsewhere, but as it's not what I want then didn't take notice.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:27 AM   #10

A person on rcgroups got confirmation that this is compatible with Radiolink receivers. The receiver that comes wtith it appears to be a Radiolink. There's a good chance that the unit is made by Radiolink for whoever can't spell Dumbo consistently.

For $27, this could be a great radio. It doesn't have the flexibility that the Radiolink offers via the GUI interface, but at $27, just having extra on/off channels and one variable channel (channel 5) makes this awfully appealing for budget-based applications that require more than 2 channels.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:10 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
A person on rcgroups got confirmation that this is compatible with Radiolink receivers. The receiver that comes wtith it appears to be a Radiolink. There's a good chance that the unit is made by Radiolink for whoever can't spell Dumbo consistently.

For $27, this could be a great radio. It doesn't have the flexibility that the Radiolink offers via the GUI interface, but at $27, just having extra on/off channels and one variable channel (channel 5) makes this awfully appealing for budget-based applications that require more than 2 channels.
I agree that a cheap radio with more than 2 channels could come in handy. I have lots of rigs that need winches or other additional channels that don't need high end tuning. I doubt at this price the additional channels will have end point adjustments but I can deal with that.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:29 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Default Re: DumboRC X6 - New 6-Ch Car-Transmitter with 6-Ch Receiver (with Gyro) for 27 buck

Well,
I am totally happy with my (modified) Flysky GT3C with 8 channels, so I do not see any need to buy the DumboRC.
Remember, as a child, Dumbo… always had to cry, so sad, when his mother died ;)

But for 27 bucks… why not testing (problem: will it pass EU customs? This is often a big problem when buying RadioGear from China, could be "destroyed" without CE certification).

Better wait for the 14-channel Flysky Noble. If they would not have announced an upgrade for the Noble already shortly after release, I probably would have bought one (and still use my GT3C with 4 - 10 € receivers for most of my rigs ;) ).

Walter
Old 04-18-2019, 12:43 PM   #13

Default Re: DumboRC X6 - New 6-Ch Car-Transmitter with 6-Ch Receiver (with Gyro) for 27 buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
Well,
I am totally happy with my (modified) Flysky GT3C with 8 channels, so I do not see any need to buy the DumboRC.
Remember, as a child, Dumbo… always had to cry, so sad, when his mother died ;)

But for 27 bucks… why not testing (problem: will it pass EU customs? This is often a big problem when buying RadioGear from China, could be "destroyed" without CE certification).

Better wait for the 14-channel Flysky Noble. If they would not have announced an upgrade for the Noble already shortly after release, I probably would have bought one (and still use my GT3C with 4 - 10 € receivers for most of my rigs ;) ).

Walter
For me the big benefit over the GT3C, aside from not having to screw with going through the hack procedure, is that it's got the pot knob right on the transmitter. I don't want to fool with push buttons to adjust certain things (like the drag brake on my Mamba X ESC's Aux function) when a quick twist of a pot knob can accomplish the task much more easily.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:51 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Yes, nobody is perfect ;)
The GT3C is complicated, very complicated.
The "flashing thing" (and opening, soldering "thing") was not such a problem for me, I love those things.

But understanding the complicated menue is a big problem.

I admit, I probably would never have understood this stuff fully, if there would not be this fantastic "explanation thread" in the German rockcrawler forum by Jens/Amigaman:
https://www.rockcrawler.de/thread/25...eitungsthread/
There are so many, many, many options, from servo endpoint adjustments, mixing functions, reverse in all channels, different modes of switches, and, and, and...
A pot knob cannot equal this by far.

But without this "manual" (in German - did not find any similar manual in English so far, but my language is German) I would have been lost and never be able to use the full potential of my 8-ch GT3c, furthermore a very helpful community and further thread for "helping" with so far about 140 pages make the GT3C useful for me.

Never found any "original manual", which probably would be in Czech (? or some other Eastern European language, the developer is from somewhere in Eastern Europe).

One cannot really compare the Dumbo 6ch transmitter with the 8ch GT3c (which for sure is for geeks ;) ).

Would like to have the Flysky Noble with at least 6 channels (better 8 or - as annnounced - 10+)…

Walter
Old 05-09-2019, 02:14 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Now there is a further, new model available from DumboRC:

DumboRC X4

It is even 2 bucks cheaper.

It says 6ch Transmitter and 6ch receiver - but I guess, this is a mistake. If you check the graphics, … probably only 4ch TX (and 6ch RX).

Walter
Old 06-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Hello,
I bought the 4-Ch version Dumbo RC X4 for an unbelievable price of € 16 2 weeks ago (used some points), and it did already arrive today, with tracked shipping (that worked well).
Hardly can believe, what a bang for the buck.

Bought 4-ch, because I probably would not use 6 ch, always my 8-ch Flysky GT3c, since you can only adjust Ch 1 and 2 in the Dumbo RC.
Ch 3 is a button on the RX handle (similar to the Flysky GT3C button), Ch 4 is a 3-position switch on the side.

Can't believe what I got for 16 € within 2 weeks with tracked shipping
Still a smile in my face

Unboxing, first quick test:

https://youtu.be/H_TPrXkGS74

Walter
Old 06-13-2019, 12:10 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

The receiver is FHSS 67, Futaba clone?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:57 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Hi,
no, it is a Radiolink:

Radiolink V:05
R6FG/R6E

Walter
Old 08-21-2019, 04:01 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

Hi,
if you have 460 points at Banggood, you will get the DumboRC X6 6-ch without gyro and the DumboRC X5 5-ch without gyro for unbelievable US$ 18.39 now:

DumboRC X6 6-Ch w/o Gyro

DumboRC X5 5-Ch w/o Gyro

Walter
Old 11-18-2019, 12:13 AM   #20

https://youtu.be/vRyvnkUhF-4
Simple introduction for dumborc and turbo racing / hobby porter
https://youtu.be/tbMHHDbR9UI
Setting for both latest and older version of dumborc X6
Lewjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote

DumboRC X6 - New 6-Ch Car-Transmitter with 6-Ch Receiver (with Gyro) for 27 bucks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heli gyro in car F.i.M.S presents Rc. Non Crawler RC's 0 11-01-2018 05:16 PM
Which transmitter/receiver? jkabee Electronics 4 01-01-2013 08:20 AM
Over 70MPH Touring Car /Need Gyro Knowledge TheHeadHunter Non Crawler RC's 16 04-25-2009 06:23 AM
Transmitter/receiver $65?????? Double J Electronics 9 04-15-2006 04:01 AM