RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   7Ch Car Transmitter with Display, Crawler Mode for 50 Bucks: Hobby Porter HP007 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/608135-7ch-car-transmitter-display-crawler-mode-50-bucks-hobby-porter-hp007.html)

jebster 06-09-2019 04:31 AM

Re: 7Ch Car Transmitter with Display, Crawler Mode for 50 Bucks: Hobby Porter HP007

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockhugger (Post 5941483)
I just looked at the manual posted on the first page this thread and it says EPA for 6 channels. Maybe try this cut and pasted from the manual:

pg.13

This function is used for set the maximum servo travel limiter of each channel and adjust the
maximum servo travel limiter according to the model structure.
Feature Set:
• This function can adjust the maximum servo travel limiter of 6 channels, and the desired value
can be set between between 0 and 120%.
• Under the boot menu, enter the selection menu
by pressing the scroll wheel:
a. Turn the wheel to the (EPA) menu and press
the wheel to enter the menu operation.
b. Select the channel which need to be adjusted.
c. Select the wheel (LFU or RBU) . At this point,
the percentage is 100% (the default value of
the system), and then set the required value
by rotating the wheel key.
d. After setting, press BACK button to return
to the main page and save.

Yeah, I had looked up the procedure in the manual and made several attempts to set epa on channels 5 & 6 but no dice. That is why this is disappointing. The manuals says you can, the tx menu brings it up but it doesn't appear to work.
I do have two systems now so I'm going to see if it works on the other one.

Edit: tried adjusting the epa for ch5 on my second system and got the same result. No change in endpoint regardless of the epa settings. Maybe hobby porter will respond back to my email with a miracle cure! :-)

rockhugger 06-10-2019 01:46 PM

Re: 7Ch Car Transmitter with Display, Crawler Mode for 50 Bucks: Hobby Porter HP007

I'm still excited mine is arriving today. I will immediately check the epa's and report back here with my findings. This radio had a lot of potential but now maybe not so much.

jebster 06-10-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockhugger (Post 5941916)
I'm still excited mine is arriving today. I will immediately check the epa's and report back here with my findings. This radio had a lot of potential but now maybe not so much.

Keep us posted.

I got a generic response from Hobby Porter with a "sorry to hear that" and direction to contact the warrantee department at Bang good (vendor I bought mine through). I responded asking if it was a warrantee issue because they believe it is a malfunction or because if I'm dissatisfied I would need to deal with them for a refund. I'm guessing it is the later, which means there was false advertising. I doubt they will respond to that message. I did send a message to Bang good to see what they say.

In the end having a multi-model radio with 7 channels at this price will be useful. The value is going to diminish if I now have to purchase additional equipment when EPA is necessary (shift servo for example).

rockhugger 06-10-2019 07:02 PM

so far no epa's on ch 5,6,7 :x

WTF... over!!!!

jebster 06-11-2019 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockhugger (Post 5942003)
so far no epa's on ch 5,6,7 :x

WTF... over!!!!

well, i'm not surprised. this takes it from an incredible deal to just OK. I have some rigs the additional channels (without epa) will be useful for but overall it won't fit all the needs I have.

wish there was something that has specs similar to this (7ch, dials and button, multi-model memory WITH epa on all) at a low price, especially the additional receivers.

soze 06-17-2019 11:19 AM

RCJuice now carries this radio. I wonder if you can get RCJuice to pose this question of EPAs on 5,6,7... if they'd be more responsive.

jebster 06-20-2019 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 5943667)
RCJuice now carries this radio. I wonder if you can get RCJuice to pose this question of EPAs on 5,6,7... if they'd be more responsive.

i think we are out of luck. the radio allows you to go to the advertised channels (1-6) under the EPA menu but I don't think it actually has the functionality for ch 5 & 6. ch3 does allow for EPA adjustment if your in 4WS mode (I've actually adjusted the EPA). I haven't tried on ch 4 yet.

I'm not sure any of the stores that carry this will be able to help but I guess it is worth a try.

I never got a response to my follow-up email to Hobby Porter about whether the radios are defective or if this was false advertising. I take the lack of response as confirmation of false advertising!

in the mean time if I have cases of needing EPA for the additional channels I will consider buying endpoint adjusters from Heyok for channels 3 & 7 (2 position).

rockhugger 06-20-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebster (Post 5944334)
i think we are out of luck. the radio allows you to go to the advertised channels (1-6) under the EPA menu but I don't think it actually has the functionality for ch 5 & 6. ch3 does allow for EPA adjustment if your in 4WS mode (I've actually adjusted the EPA). I haven't tried on ch 4 yet.

I'm not sure any of the stores that carry this will be able to help but I guess it is worth a try.

I never got a response to my follow-up email to Hobby Porter about whether the radios are defective or if this was false advertising. I take the lack of response as confirmation of false advertising!

in the mean time if I have cases of needing EPA for the additional channels I will consider buying endpoint adjusters from Heyok for channels 3 & 7 (2 position).

I successfully tested and sdjusted epa's on my radio up through channels 4, but none were available on 5,6,7 . I get the epa not being avail. on 5-6 as they are knobs, and proportionate to the placement of the knob, but 7 needs an epa.

Natedog 06-20-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebster (Post 5942077)
well, i'm not surprised. this takes it from an incredible deal to just OK. I have some rigs the additional channels (without epa) will be useful for but overall it won't fit all the needs I have.

wish there was something that has specs similar to this (7ch, dials and button, multi-model memory WITH epa on all) at a low price, especially the additional receivers.

X2 :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockhugger (Post 5944399)
I successfully tested and sdjusted epa's on my radio up through channels 4, but none were available on 5,6,7 . I get the epa not being avail. on 5-6 as they are knobs, and proportionate to the placement of the knob, but 7 needs an epa.

Agreed. 8)"thumbsup"

donaldsneffe 07-22-2019 10:20 AM

Hi,
Hobby Porter does now also come with a cheap 3-channel system in several colours:

Hobby Porter 91803G-VT

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...entid=12333641

Walter

QuesoDelDiablo 07-22-2019 10:43 AM

I'm interested to see if it can run 2S without being modified. The notes indicate that it has cutoff built in so I'm thinking it can.

I like the looks of it, but there's no way I'm buying a radio that uses AA's.

donaldsneffe 07-22-2019 10:49 AM

Well,
thought "I do know this TX"... the handle... and then: Yes, it is exactly the same transmitter that came with my AMX AM24 Defender 1/24 Crawler (= URUAV 1/24 Mini Crawler ).
Yes it is, Hobby Porter calls them Turbo, … nothing special, very small, good for children hands.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...entid=12333807

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...entid=12333811

Walter

HugoBiermann 07-22-2019 04:03 PM

I got one of those 3ch Turbo radios off AliExpress. Dirt cheap.

Came in a minute box.

Feels good though. Gonna use it in a Hornet I’m restoring.

An idea on how small the packaging is fir the radio:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d3444b145b.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b7c798e181.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nedmo 09-15-2019 10:18 PM

Any update on this? Would love to know if the EPA situation got sorted

jebster 09-16-2019 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedmo (Post 5962653)
Any update on this? Would love to know if the EPA situation got sorted

i don't think there is anything to sort out. the additional channels do not have EPA adjustments like I and rockhugger discovered. it is a case of at best misleading advertisement.

nedmo 09-16-2019 02:33 PM

Was hoping the mfg got back to you with a firmware update that added it in. Bummer

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

jebster 09-16-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedmo (Post 5962815)
Was hoping the mfg got back to you with a firmware update that added it in. Bummer

I agree a firmware update is probably all that is needed but good luck finding a way to get the original manufacturer to step up and do that. When I tried to trace back to the manufacturer I never got a response.

nedmo 09-16-2019 03:30 PM

Yeah it's a shame. I wonder if the guys who cracked the flyskys could be tempted to have a go at this.

jebster 09-16-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedmo (Post 5962830)
Yeah it's a shame. I wonder if the guys who cracked the flyskys could be tempted to have a go at this.

That would be nice. I like having the dedicated dials and buttons vs having to navigate menus to operate functions.

nedmo 09-16-2019 03:47 PM

Yeah I like my hacked flysky, but I want to build a Pro so will need a dial for mixing.

This radio seems like the perfect hardware upgrade to replace the aging flysky.