Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 7Ch Car Transmitter with Display, Crawler Mode for 50 Bucks: Hobby Porter HP007

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2019, 04:18 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 7Ch Car Transmitter with Display, Crawler Mode for 50 Bucks: Hobby Porter HP007

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
Receiver 7-channel with gyro now (soon) available, for 10 - 12 bucks (depending on usage of coupons or points):

Hobby Porter HP-007-R

Wit a spare receiver for about 10 € this system now is really interesting for me ;)

Walter
i contacted hobby porter this weekend and said people would be in the market. I got a response right away that they were going to contact bang good and get them to carry the receivers. looks like it happened! just put in a preorder for 4 to go with the 2 radio systems I already purchased.

Last edited by jebster; 05-14-2019 at 04:22 AM.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2019, 06:14 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 7Ch Car Transmitter with Display, Crawler Mode for 50 Bucks: Hobby Porter HP007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
i contacted hobby porter this weekend and said people would be in the market. I got a response right away that they were going to contact bang good and get them to carry the receivers. looks like it happened! just put in a preorder for 4 to go with the 2 radio systems I already purchased.
Cool it worked - and so fast ;)

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:46 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Looks like a a very complete cool transmitter.

Couple of questions.
Did you do a range test yet?
Is the receiver case easy to open to make it waterproof?
Can the AA batteries be changed for a small LiPo battery?
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:05 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

very nice jebster, thx for the informative video!
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:53 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Things are looking good!

[R183.55]Hobby Porter HP007-R 7 Channel RC Car Receiver With Built-in Gyro For RC Vehicle Boat RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com https://banggood.app.link/yJeblQa5MW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:39 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
Looks like a a very complete cool transmitter.

Couple of questions.
Did you do a range test yet?
Is the receiver case easy to open to make it waterproof?
Can the AA batteries be changed for a small LiPo battery?
I have not range tested it. Considering I'll be using this for scale builds as long as it has 50ft range it will probably work for me.
Rx case looks like it can be opened up pretty easily.
The AA battery case is connected via a jst connector so you could easily swap it for a small lipo. But I don't believe I saw a lvc setting in the menu so it you do go lipo you may need to install a low voltage alarm.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I took another look at the box and it does say the tx can be powered by a 2s Lipo. Look at the right side of the picture towards the top.
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2019, 06:48 AM   #28

Ordered one hopefully it will be here in a week. Stoked!!! Thanks for this thread..
Kweez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Ordered one as well
Crazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:45 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

There was even a flashsale now for only two days - 41 US, 37 €... pffff…
So cheap.
Anyway, using some points or coupons will be as cheap.

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:01 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

So how does this stand up next to a hacked flysky? Looking to get more channels and get a less expensive remote then my current set up so I don't have to worry about it on the trails.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
rcdriftmasterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdriftmasterj View Post
So how does this stand up next to a hacked flysky? Looking to get more channels and get a less expensive remote then my current set up so I don't have to worry about it on the trails.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
i don't have a hacked flysky to compare to but yesterday I installed this in my 6x6 rig. ch1 is steering and ch2 is throttle. trim, EPA and EXP working fine. the 4ws option works good on ch3. I have a winch using a heyok 3-position controller on the 3-position ch4. I have a snow plow attachment using the dial on ch5 to adjust the blade angle (using a servo) and it is working. I can swap the plow for a snow blow (run by an fxr esc) i'm using the ch6 dial for. in the past I had to set up 3 separate profiles on my mt-4: 1) 4ws with winch 2) no 4ws with plow and winch and 3) no 4ws with blower and winch.

After setting this all up it worked fine. I can say the mt-4 seems smoother in the throttle and steering response. almost like the switching rate is faster which gives smoother control. but it is barely noticeable and for a scaler definitely tolerable.

one strange thing. I have another 4ws rig I was going to swap over. if you are doing 4ws the ch3 cannot be reversed. I found this out because in my other rig both servos face forward versus the more standard one forward/one backward config for a 4ws rig. this means when I try to do rear steer only is it sending the rig the opposite way. it also means the mode c and d are reversed from what the graphic on the display says. this was annoying enough for me I decided not to swap over. no fault of the radio system, just a nit.

I have a couple other rigs that can use more than 4 channels I plan on switching over to in the future. I can now see having 2-speed transmissions and multiple winches (front and rear) all on the same rig. plus I do some work converting old Tonka construction vehicles to rc so having the extra channels opens up many options.

for any of my go fast stuff i'll stick with my mt-4 for the fine tuning and adjustability but this new radio is proving to be worth the $50 bucks for me.
Old 05-27-2019, 04:46 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Kinda gimmicky, but i'll admit the flashlight feature COULD be useful in some situations...
I can say from experience, and after adding two 5mm LED's + switch to my old gt3b seven years ago, this flashlight feature is long overdue and genius if I do say so myself. the rugged speky radio should've had that feature, now that is a gimmicky radio. - Go out on a night crawl and you will quickly see how handy this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Don't we all carry smart phones with flashlights these days?

I think it's an odd feature to have in a radio. Not a bad feature, but odd and, as you say, gimmicky. But if it's an LED so it should last a long time.

Oh and Dumbo RC?
Yes they have built in flashlights, but the risk of now fumbling the phone, driving the car, watching your step and not braking your nugget, don't drop your phone because it's sliding down that rock slab into the lake, at least where I like to crawl at night. Oh an added necessary bonus from when I used to drive Axial trucks is when you have to use both hands to wrench in the dark trail because something broke, you can now use the radio to light up your work space. Traxxas and Vaterra excluded from this benefit just kidding.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:32 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
I can say from experience, and after adding two 5mm LED's + switch to my old gt3b seven years ago, this flashlight feature is long overdue and genius if I do say so myself. the rugged speky radio should've had that feature, now that is a gimmicky radio. - Go out on a night crawl and you will quickly see how handy this is.
Any posts or photos on this forum or somewhere else how you did that?
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:17 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
Any posts or photos on this forum or somewhere else how you did that?
fortunately the pictures are still there

GT3B with lights anyone.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:37 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Wow, pretty interesting!

Rockhuggers flashlight modded Flysky has been pretty useful!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:27 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Ok. I may have found a flaw that greatly reduces the utility of this system. I have to confirm but it appears you cannot adjust the EPA on channels 5, 6 & 7. I was trying to use the 2 position ch7 button for a servo running a 2 speed transmission. No matter what EPA values I set it continued to move full throw. While not ideal I figured I would just use either the ch5 or 6 dials as long as I could set the endpoints. No dice.

So, this will seriously impact some plans I had for the system. For the price it is still better than other budget systems but I'm a little disappointed.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:38 AM   #38
RCC Addict

jebster, your continuing input on this radio is greatly appreciated . I am waiting for mine to arrive on Monday. That is kind of a major flaw in design if there are no epa's for aux. channels, it must have been Friday at 5'oclock and they said "eh Foook it... close enough, ship it"

Does this radio have the ability for firmware updates?
Old 06-08-2019, 11:45 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
jebster, your continuing input on this radio is greatly appreciated . I am waiting for mine to arrive on Monday. That is kind of a major flaw in design if there are no epa's for aux. channels, it must have been Friday at 5'oclock and they said "eh Foook it... close enough, ship it"

Does this radio have the ability for firmware updates?
The lack of epa adjustment is why I've been looking for other radio options. For example, I'm actually a fan of the traxxas radios but not having epa on the aux channels is a drawback.

I don't know if it can take a firmware update. Not sure how I would check. If an update helps that would be awesome. I like the layout of buttons and dials.

I did send hobby porter an email. We'll see how quickly they respond.

Last edited by jebster; 06-08-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:39 PM   #40
RCC Addict

I just looked at the manual posted on the first page this thread and it says EPA for 6 channels. Maybe try this cut and pasted from the manual:

pg.13

This function is used for set the maximum servo travel limiter of each channel and adjust the
maximum servo travel limiter according to the model structure.
Feature Set:
• This function can adjust the maximum servo travel limiter of 6 channels, and the desired value
can be set between between 0 and 120%.
• Under the boot menu, enter the selection menu
by pressing the scroll wheel:
a. Turn the wheel to the (EPA) menu and press
the wheel to enter the menu operation.
b. Select the channel which need to be adjusted.
c. Select the wheel (LFU or RBU) . At this point,
the percentage is 100% (the default value of
the system), and then set the required value
by rotating the wheel key.
d. After setting, press BACK button to return
to the main page and save.

Last edited by rockhugger; 06-08-2019 at 07:43 PM.

7Ch Car Transmitter with Display, Crawler Mode for 50 Bucks: Hobby Porter HP007 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DumboRC X6 - New 6-Ch Car-Transmitter with 6-Ch Receiver (with Gyro) for 27 bucks donaldsneffe Electronics 34 04-01-2020 11:03 AM
3 mode button on transmitter barber50701 Redcat Crawlers 1 03-05-2010 03:34 PM
RC car storage/display..... HRDROKN Chit Chat 14 01-19-2010 08:59 PM