Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Latest and greatest electronics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2019, 12:31 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Latest and greatest electronics.

Hey guys, I'm getting back in after a few years out of the hobby. I used to run FXR / micro sidewinder, CC BEC, Hitec 7950 or 7980, and Brood motors.

I want the latest and greatest electronics for back in the hobby build. I am leaning towards a TRX4 Sport kit. Want minimum 400oz servo. Will be running on 3S. Brushed motor, but dont know what turn, maybe 30t. So yeah, what ESC, Servo, BEC, and motor turn? Thanks.
TedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2019, 02:29 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Latest and greatest electronics.

For a fun trail rig like the trx4 you'll be hard pressed to beat a hobbywing 1080 esc powering a Holmes 550 can 21 turn motor and steering it with a promodler 470 servo. No need for an external bec, the 1080 is sufficient on its it's own.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:19 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedBull View Post
Hey guys, I'm getting back in after a few years out of the hobby. I used to run FXR / micro sidewinder, CC BEC, Hitec 7950 or 7980, and Brood motors.

I want the latest and greatest electronics for back in the hobby build. I am leaning towards a TRX4 Sport kit. Want minimum 400oz servo. Will be running on 3S. Brushed motor, but dont know what turn, maybe 30t. So yeah, what ESC, Servo, BEC, and motor turn? Thanks.
I second the hobbywing 1080 and 21T. The HW has a built in adjustable bec, allowing you to run 6.0 or 7.4v. I run mine with a pro modeler 470.
coffeeaddict17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:16 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thanks, I will look into them.
TedBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:35 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

the castle momba x seems to be the way to go for brushless sensored motors and they have a much more powerful bec than the 1080 but its still not enuff for a big servo look in to the new 12v servos they get there power directly from the battery not the esc or reciver there are a few brands out there holmes hobbies seems to get the most attention around here but there are others just stay away from jx servos to many have lost the rest of there electronics due to manufactures defects mine went up in smoke the second i pluged it in then it took out my mamba monster x it had a direct internal short melted all my wires and killed the esc
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
the castle momba x seems to be the way to go for brushless sensored motors and they have a much more powerful bec than the 1080 but its still not enuff for a big servo look in to the new 12v servos they get there power directly from the battery not the esc or reciver there are a few brands out there holmes hobbies seems to get the most attention around here but there are others just stay away from jx servos to many have lost the rest of there electronics due to manufactures defects mine went up in smoke the second i pluged it in then it took out my mamba monster x it had a direct internal short melted all my wires and killed the esc
Yeah, similar thing happened. JX standards 20kg turned out to be quite good which lead me to purchase their 46kg crawler one. But was simply a wrong decision which cost me dearly. Due to limitations I have to search for other economical servos and found power HD servos to be reasonable. Both oerformance snd orice.
Yeah got my trx4 pimped with 1080 and HH crawlmaster exp 30t myself. Very torquey and I am happy with it. Oh power hd R30 is the number.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
yp.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:37 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

The mamba "X" series ESCs have a third channel so you can change settings on the fly from the transmitter. Its pretty cool for adjusting the drag brake on steep descents. The bigger ones have a fairly decent BEC built in.
The Holmes shv500v2 servo has a plug that goes right to the 3s battery so you don't need an external BEC, and has crazy mad torque.
The new castle slate motors are super smooth in the low end and still have tons of speed, plus tons of torque.
Holmes (and some others) have out runner motors which are pretty cool, have an incredible slow end control and tons of torque in a very compact package.

Last edited by Turtlejon; 05-20-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Turtlejon is offline   Reply With Quote

Latest and greatest electronics. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Latest Greatest Crawler Kit? ravencr Chit Chat 9 12-16-2017 08:48 AM
Latest, greatest, shafty motor/esc combo? live24wheel General Crawlers 16 12-26-2015 10:42 PM
Azzmans latest latest Tube Chassis azzman Axial AX-10 Scorpion 18 01-25-2014 09:33 AM