Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Receiver for Futaba 7PX?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Receiver for Futaba 7PX?

I'm looking for a receiver that is fairly compact and reasonably easy to waterproof to use on a TRX-4 with Mamba X and lights so I need all 7 channels.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
brian.brigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Receiver for Futaba 7PX?

Futaba doesn't have any 7 channel surface receivers, the best they have is 6 channel ones.

The R2106GF is going to be the best option and is generally cheaper than the other Futaba receivers.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I have seen, and noted, that receiver on the Futaba website but I'm looking to use all of the channels. What is the main difference between air and surface receivers?

Last edited by brian.brigg; 07-03-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Futaba doesn't have any 7 channel surface receivers, the best they have is 6 channel ones.

The R2106GF is going to be the best option and is generally cheaper than the other Futaba receivers.

Cheapest Futaba option
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.brigg View Post
What is the main difference between air and surface receivers?

I was looking into this last year and what it seemed to boil down to was surface receivers are made to handle vibrations while Air is not.
I came to the conclusion that with crawlers there no real concern with vibrations, now a basher might be a different story.

I ended up going with the R2008SB-8 which is an Air receiver and I've had no issues running my 8x8 with it https://www.amainhobbies.com/futaba-...tl7608/p227826

Keep in mind you'll need to select the right mode that allows the use of all of the channels, the other modes cant use all of them. I forget what one to use but its in their manual I believe.

There very few 7 channel receivers available so If it not compact enough IDK, hopefully it works fine for you.

Oh and I dont think its waterproof so You'll need to open it up and coat it with a conformal coating, just give yourself some time for this to dry before re-assembling.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-03-2019 at 04:47 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:51 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I was looking into this last year and what it seemed to boil down to was surface receivers are made to handle vibrations while Air is not.
I came to the conclusion that with crawlers there no real concern with vibrations, now a basher might be a different story.

I ended up going with the R2008SB-8 https://www.amainhobbies.com/futaba-...tl7608/p227826

Keep in mind you'll need to selectthe mode that allows the use of all of the channels, the other modes cant use all of them. I forget what one to use but its in their manual I believe.

There very few 7 channel receivers available so If it not compact enough IDK, hopefully it works fine for you.

Oh and I dont think its waterproof so You'll need to open it up and coat it with a conformal coating, just give yourself some time for this to dry before re-assembling.
Having had nitro planes back in the day I can assure that they are far from vibration free. I understand that this is a very short period vibration compared to a basher but I don't recall anybody destroying their air receiver in a plane crash either so I guess the receiver can handle a crawler, even accounting for a few decent rolls down slopes.

Thanks everyone.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:57 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Maybe "shock" is a better way to describe it over vibration. Either way its working fine for me.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Maybe "shock" is a better way to describe it over vibration. Either way its working fine for me.
I got a bigger shock at the price on Amazon. The only one that offers shipping to Indonesia is over $900 and shipping and import duty is about $360. Just too much for playing with a toy truck.

Guess I'll be looking for a hacked Flysky. I can get an 8 channel surface receiver for that easily.

Receiver for Futaba 7PX? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba 7PX Laz79 Traxxas TRX-4 3 06-07-2019 07:55 AM
Futaba 7PX Receiver/s bbrigg Electronics 1 02-27-2019 10:44 AM
Is it possible to shift Tamiya 3 speed with Futaba 7PX? FX1Jetpilot Newbie General 0 11-05-2018 12:40 PM
Futaba 7PX - Chiphead Electronics 6 08-17-2017 11:32 PM