RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   My trick RC controller questions (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/610403-my-trick-rc-controller-questions.html)

chipgibbs 07-21-2019 10:00 AM

My trick RC controller questions

I have a Team Associated LED set installed on my trx4. After a couple months, the controller box started to act stupid. Random flashing lights, no more mode adjustability.
So I bought a MyTrickRC U7 light controller to use with the existing LEDs. It was the only one I could find that used the same tiny plugs to connect the LEDs. I cannot get anything to light up. I have tried the 9v battery and connected to the bec. The controller shows it is on and flashes thru all the mode settings but no LEDs come on.
Any ideas ? I'd rather not rip out all the LEDs.

PS, MyTrickRC does not respond to support emails.

vf750rider 07-21-2019 10:20 AM

Re: My truck RC controller questions

I'm no electrical guru. But my first thought is that your LEDs want (for example) 5 volts and the controller is only giving 3 volts. Maybe check output voltage of both controllers?

brimdogg 07-21-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipgibbs (Post 5951517)
I have a Team Associated LED set installed on my trx4. After a couple months, the controller box started to act stupid. Random flashing lights, no more mode adjustability.

So I bought a MyTrickRC U7 light controller to use with the existing LEDs. It was the only one I could find that used the same tiny plugs to connect the LEDs. I cannot get anything to light up. I have tried the 9v battery and connected to the bec. The controller shows it is on and flashes thru all the mode settings but no LEDs come on.

Any ideas ? I'd rather not rip out all the LEDs.

PS, MyTrickRC does not respond to support emails.

I'm going to bet that the lights were only rated for 6v, and your new controller gave them too much voltage.
Otherwise I'm not sure without seeing them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

brimdogg 07-21-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vf750rider (Post 5951523)
I'm no electrical guru. But my first thought is that your LEDs want (for example) 5 volts and the controller is only giving 3 volts. Maybe check output voltage of both controllers?

Could also be this, not enough voltage can do the same thing.
Test what the new controller gives for voltage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ferp420 07-21-2019 10:59 AM

or the positive and negitive leads could be backwards from one brand to the other

Voodoobrew 07-25-2019 01:18 AM

Re: My trick RC controller questions

I don't think the uf-7 has a 12v output so probably did not over volt the leds. I would check polarity. read instructions if you can find them as well. you can probably pop them out of the plug with a razor knife and swap them.