Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: lipo battery charger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2019, 04:57 AM   #1

Question lipo battery charger

Hi I'm getting a Traxxas TRX 4 and I have everything but the charger in the cart.
All this maths and stuff for just choosing the right charger does my poor 13yo head in.
So here's the battery I'm getting True Spec DV 7.4V 6500mAh 120Amps/75C wired hardcase - Coast 2 Coast RC and I don't know what charger I need.
I don't necessarily want a super fast charger.
Later on, once I get used to driving a au$800 crawler with a 2s I'll get a 3s.
And my budget is au$200/USD$150ish.

Last edited by Nick the crawler guy; 08-08-2019 at 05:04 AM.
Nick the crawler guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2019, 05:10 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: lipo battery charger

I've been very happy with my Hitec and Protek chargers. You can find them starting around $40-50USD. Amain.com is a good place to look.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
brimdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:11 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Have Look at the skyrc d100v2.
As plugs i would go with xt60. If it's a trx-4 with Traxxas ESC you have to replace the Traxxas Plug with xt60 or get an adapter.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:23 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

3S isn't some mythical beast that'll open the gates of hell and rip your rig apart. In my opinion buying a fancy 2S battery like that is a total waste of money when you pickup up Turnigy 2200mah 3S batteries for about a quarter of the price.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...lipo-pack.html

I have two of the below chargers, cheap and work great, can get it at the same place as well.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6-...e-au-plug.html

The batteries I mentioned should last you anywhere from 1.5hrs to 2.5hrs give or take, is get atleast 2, 3 or 4 would be better.
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:22 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Not going to say this or that charger is the best but will recommend a charger with 2 charging ports to be able to charge 2 batteries at a time. I started out with a single port battery charger only capable of charging 1 battery at a time. Big mistake, for me anyway. Within a month I ended up getting a charger with 4 charging ports. Much happier using that.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:56 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

This one is great. It is both AC/DC charges all types of batteries 2 at a time and also shows cells on a graf. Very nice.

HTRC Lipo Charger 1-6S Touch Screen Dual Discharger AC150W DC240W 10A T240 Fast Balance Battery Charger for RC Li-ion Life NiCd NiMH LiHV PB Smart Battery.

Around $75 US. Found it on Amazon.

Also do yourself a favor and google/youtube how to charge and store the LIPO batteries. Lots of good information about them. I always balance charge my 2s 7.4v 5000/40c at 2mAh. Do you have a charging/storeage bag? If not get one - Safety First! and they will last a long long time.

Best thing about this sport is it teaches you a lot about mechanics/electronics and how things work that carries over to the real thing.

Welcome to the best sport you could ever want to get into. Lasts a lifetime! Take it from an "Oldie"!

Last edited by Ragenwraith; 08-08-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: More info to add
Ragenwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:13 AM   #7

Thumbs up Re: lipo battery charger

Awesome guys! I thought I'd have to wait ten days or so for a reply and then that would be some 120yo dude talking about his hearing aid battery!But now I'll go and look at some of those and be on my way!

Thanks again, Nick
Nick the crawler guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Losungen xX View Post
3S isn't some mythical beast that'll open the gates of hell and rip your rig apart. In my opinion buying a fancy 2S battery like that is a total waste of money when you pickup up Turnigy 2200mah 3S batteries for about a quarter of the price.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...lipo-pack.html

I have two of the below chargers, cheap and work great, can get it at the same place as well.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6-...e-au-plug.html

The batteries I mentioned should last you anywhere from 1.5hrs to 2.5hrs give or take, is get atleast 2, 3 or 4 would be better.
I agree with this guy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote

lipo battery charger - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which lipo battery/charger do i get? davidyack Newbie General 5 12-24-2010 11:24 PM
Which battery charger for all around +plus lipo badBKO Electronics 14 06-18-2009 06:54 PM
Best Charger for Lipo batteries, and best lipo battery phunkodelic Electronics 12 06-14-2009 10:58 AM