RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   temporary 3 position switch to raise/lower tow boom? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/610840-temporary-3-position-switch-raise-lower-tow-boom.html)

shutupanddrive 08-08-2019 11:16 PM

temporary 3 position switch to raise/lower tow boom?

I'm trying to figure this out and having trouble. I'd like to use 3 position switch on one of my channels (the momentary on-off-on type) to operate a servo powered tow boom. Basically I want to be able to bump the switch a little and raise/lower it as much or as little as I want. It also needs to hold it's position and not creep.

Winches are somewhat similar in how you can reel them in and out, but I need it to stop at the end of the servo's original degree of travel. Does this make sense? Any idea how I can accomplish this?

Voodoobrew 08-08-2019 11:33 PM

Re: temporary 3 position switch to raise/lower tow boom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutupanddrive (Post 5955341)
I'm trying to figure this out and having trouble. I'd like to use 3 position switch on one of my channels (the temporary on-off-on type) to operate a servo powered tow boom. Basically I want to be able to bump the switch a little and raise/lower it as much or as little as I want. It also needs to hold it's position and not creep.

Winches are somewhat similar in how you can reel them in and out, but I need it to stop at the end of the servo's original degree of travel. Does this make sense? Any idea how I can accomplish this?

What radio are you using. It's all done with radio programming.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

QuesoDelDiablo 08-09-2019 09:38 AM

You sould send Al @ HeyOK electronics a message, he almost certainly has a plug n' play solution for you.

Or just use an esc (or winch controller), programmed to a channel withe a 3-pos momentary switch and set the end points to limit travel.

Greatscott 08-09-2019 12:26 PM

What are you using on the truck to move the boom?

shutupanddrive 08-10-2019 10:16 AM

The radio is a modded CT6B, nothing too fancy. I might switch over to a th9x though because I need more channels. Maybe it's possible with that radio?

For moving them boom, I'm just using a servo.

I should reach out to Al it seems. Maybe he can help me wrap my head around this. I need things to work a very specific way and just can't figure it out on my own. I've done a lot of digging/reading here though and see that he has some amazing products and knowledge!

Thank you all for your time and help!

Voodoobrew 08-11-2019 04:17 AM

Just Set one of the buttons to adjust the servo trim and done.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk