RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   tekin hotwire extension cable (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/610942-tekin-hotwire-extension-cable.html)

race-desert 08-12-2019 04:36 PM

tekin hotwire extension cable

new and learning to this sport- I have a tekin rsx in my crawler- it is pack in there pretty tight and the port for my new hotwire programmer is in a spot not assessable with out moving things that are zip tire and so fourth. if I had a 2" or more extension cable I would not have to move anything. so I thought I would just jump on the net and find one pretty easy- 2 hours later-and nothing that makes sense to me so far... I think I learned that on the rsx the batt/date plug port is the same as rest of plugs in on receiver!? the hot wire plug has 3 wires. can anybody steer me in the right direction?

HumboldtEF 08-12-2019 05:59 PM

Re: tekin hotwire extension cable

Why not cut the end of the lead off and solder in an extension?

Is the end a servo plug? if so you could just use a servo extension.

race-desert 08-12-2019 06:15 PM

looking for something I can plug into esc and leave in there.. the servo thing I am not sure about kinda one of my questions "what plug type for Batt/date port on rsx"- and the data plug from "hotlink" has three wires.

HumboldtEF 08-12-2019 06:46 PM

I'm not quite sure either, it looks similar to a servo plug but shorter. What version of the hotwire is it? looks like there's 3 versions.

race-desert 08-12-2019 06:51 PM

hotwire 3.0

HumboldtEF 08-12-2019 07:28 PM

Well I cant seem to figure out what plug that is and it really doesnt look like its something you can buy pre-made (for the hotwire specifically). Back to my original suggestion, Why not solder in a extension? do you have the tools to do so?

Or check and see if a servo plug can work in the data port that the hotwire plugs into, if it does a servo extension should work.

Or try contacting Tekin and asking them.

race-desert 08-12-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5956005)
Well I cant seem to figure out what plug that is and it really doesnt look like its something you can buy pre-made (for the hotwire specifically). Back to my original suggestion, Why not solder in a extension? do you have the tools to do so?

Or check and see if a servo plug can work in the data port that the hotwire plugs into, it it does a servo extension should work.

Or try contacting Tekin and asking them.

Thanks for trying HB- yea I got a couple hours on the net and usually don't come up empty like I did on this..

Ty@Tekin 08-14-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by race-desert (Post 5956012)
Thanks for trying HB- yea I got a couple hours on the net and usually don't come up empty like I did on this..

You need an extension that plugs into the ESC on one end and the HotWire 3.0 on the other, correct?

race-desert 08-15-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin (Post 5956250)
You need an extension that plugs into the ESC on one end and the HotWire 3.0 on the other, correct?

Yes- alittle more specific the fan/data port on esc(it might be the same as rest of the plugs on esc- I just don't know that part).. But yes - a 2 TO 4" extension would solve a ton of hassle.. thanks for your reply.

12earth 08-15-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by race-desert (Post 5956460)
Yes- alittle more specific the fan/data port on esc(it might be the same as rest of the plugs on esc- I just don't know that part).. But yes - a 2 TO 4" extension would solve a ton of hassle.. thanks for your reply.

if you purchased a Tekin ESC or motor, check in the bag of wires that came with it. I thought i had to buy after market part and had the cable the whole time :)

the fan connector is smaller than a normal plug than a receiver would take.

12earth 08-15-2019 06:00 PM

Most of my previously posted issues were caused by a bad battery. I am still having problems with my front dig however. The dig is mapped to DT3, when I throw front dig: the signal on the TLMTRY goes higher. (Rear dig, and normal work fine)

My receiver channels: RX CH1: Front Steer; RX CH2: Front Motor; RX CH3: Rear Steer; RX CH4: Rear Motor
I am using a Futaba T4grs.
My Dual ESC settings are: Mode: Act; Rate 100; MXMD: on; trim: off.
Prog Mix is: Mode: on; Fwrd: +100; Brak: +100; Mst: THR; Slv: CH4; MXMD: On; Trim: off.

Anybody have ideas on how to get the front dig to not turn the back wheels?