Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Anyone thinking about running this, Yellowjacket??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2021, 07:53 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Anyone thinking about running this, Yellowjacket??

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I have never tried an out runner. Between Holmes videos and the banter on here, the SW4 and HH outrunner is on my shopping list. Given that John is clearly putting his time into it I am only that much more interested. I get that the start up on these is remarkable in comparison to any motor, be them sensored or not. At 1800kv-2000kv, what sort of top end is coming out of them?

Dude in the video is running his outrunner in water. Seems naturally counter intuitive. Yeah they are brushless, but how dirty can we get these things?
I run the SW4, the Copperhead (do not recommend it) and the Mambax with revolvers. The SW4 is great but being able to run it on 4S is really nice. 4s is smoother, slower and faster. The MambaX is over half 1/2 and once heavier and larger but it has a good internal BEC, the SW4 does not and it allows you to turn on and off your drag brake form the controller. I don't think any other ESC has that feature.

Last edited by MOguy; 09-14-2021 at 07:55 AM.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2021, 08:10 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

that yellow jacket outrunner looks alot like the outrunners from china for $15-$20 same colors even lol
and for what its worth i ran my revolver off of a castle mmx and the thing was loud and almost unbearable i switched to a cheap off brand esc and the noise is almost gone and what noise it dose make is much easyer on the ears and with the sound simulator you cant even here it
the cheap chinese outrunners are almost as quite as the brushed motors but dont have neer the torque of the homlms motors and the start up isent as smooth im running smaller pinnion gears on the cheap ones
i wish john would put out more of the devolvers they were a great budget motor option

Last edited by ferp420; 09-16-2021 at 07:39 AM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:30 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

I have to say I am not a fan I love 3BroRc but this motor does nothing but make noise I installed in a new Gseed very light rig really smooth trans and shafts and it just puddered and so I will bee posting one for sale soon to someone who will love it!! BUZZZZZZZ......
Attached Images

Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:44 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
I run the SW4, the Copperhead (do not recommend it) and the Mambax with revolvers. The SW4 is great but being able to run it on 4S is really nice. 4s is smoother, slower and faster. The MambaX is over half 1/2 and once heavier and larger but it has a good internal BEC, the SW4 does not and it allows you to turn on and off your drag brake form the controller. I don't think any other ESC has that feature.

The Tekin RX4 has a on the fly adjustable drag brake. Not sure how smooth they are compared to castle tho, I didn't see that you can make your own throttle curves like the mamba x. The RX4 is marketed as a crawler esc so it might be good
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:22 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druxus View Post
The Tekin RX4 has a on the fly adjustable drag brake. Not sure how smooth they are compared to castle tho, I didn't see that you can make your own throttle curves like the mamba x. The RX4 is marketed as a crawler esc so it might be good
The tekin esc is a great crawler esc. It is much quieter then the caslte. Now I ran an rx8 gen 2, with the rx4 firmware in it, and when I ran my first caslte esc (mamba x), it was so much louder I thought something was wrong. I just don't understand why caslte's escs are so darn loud. But between the price difference, and having rock racer mode, I now have multiple casltes and doubt I'd buy another tekin.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone thinking about running this, Yellowjacket?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project: YellowJacket BasuraBlanco Axial Wraith 38 08-03-2013 09:11 AM
thinking of running the exo tomarrow theblackmonky Arizona 9 03-17-2013 01:50 AM
YellowJacket ReBorn BasuraBlanco Axial Wraith 9 10-18-2012 10:26 AM
Dual Tekin FXR thinking of running but need help please.... vodka child Electronics 6 08-02-2011 07:20 AM
thinking of running no foams CrawlAZ Tires and Wheels 20 06-24-2006 01:20 PM