Notices

Thread: Sorry it took so long, Castle Link for Android

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 09:00 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Sorry it took so long, Castle Link for Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@castle View Post
No plans to support it at the moment, but there is no reason we couldn't add that in a future version once we work through firmware updates and data logging. We've had bad experiences with OTG in the past so we are a little shy about having customers use it with our products. We tried a competitor brand link with an OTG adapter and it managed to fry the phone's usb port. Our best guess is that the BEC back fed voltage into the phone and fried something.

Sadly, if we added support for it, it would require a specific usb device for it rather than using our current castle link devices. Our current link uses a very specific driver from our chip manufacture that is only available for desktop operating systems and will not work on mobile devices. We would also want to add quite a bit more protection to the device to prevent what happened to us.
I can certainly see those being reasons with all the various combinations of devices. Thanks for the reply. Even if it was an official castle style mobile usb adapter it would be a better and cheaper option for those of us with multiple ESCs

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
android, castle link