Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 8 channels receiver for NB4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2019, 01:38 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 8 channels receiver for NB4

No problem buddy.
I have been terrified over easier tasks than this myself, so from one old man to another, I know the feeling.
And frankly, this took me maybe 5 min to make for you, my time isn't more valueable than anyone elses time, and if I can help with the little knowledge that I have, nothing makes me happier than helping out if I can.

So good luck buddy, tell us how it turns out.

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk
sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Finally!!

Old 01-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

https://youtu.be/p7HdxKW34nA

Old 03-24-2020, 02:21 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Hi,
in my opionion setup of Noble for 8 channel using the Flysky FS-CEV04 Serial Bus Receiver was not that easy, cause I only found this one video on Youtube in Asian language.

Did it - and made a video how to, maybe it helps somebody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WVU5Ohf_Qk

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsneffe View Post
Hi,
in my opionion setup of Noble for 8 channel using the Flysky FS-CEV04 Serial Bus Receiver was not that easy, cause I only found this one video on Youtube in Asian language.

Did it - and made a video how to, maybe it helps somebody:

Walter
You are a Saint thank you for taking the time to make this video. This is very helpful.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:31 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
You are a Saint thank you for taking the time to make this video. This is very helpful.

You're welcome!

As you know, many/most of us unfortunately actually do have a lot of time and stay at home... BTW: All the best to everyone whereever he may live!

I am surprised that there is so few information about this.

Got my Noble only 2 weeks ago (but am very interested and following all updates since release of this TX).
"Only" 4 channels was the reason for me not to buy it so far (I do have a 8ch Flysy GT3C hacked).
But now I found that those videos from Asia with the 8 ch setup and the ibus receiver ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Re...ature=emb_logo ) are already from beginning of August 2019, nearly 8 months ago.
8 months and so few information?

What is the reason?
I do not know, I am only surprised.

The 8 ch Flysky Noble should be super popular... ???

Walter

Last edited by donaldsneffe; 03-24-2020 at 04:34 PM.
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:32 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

WOW, great video!!

I totally agree with you on the popular note. Almost everyone that I've shown my noble to has ended up ordering it. And since not one single hobbyshop here in Norway will sell it from their store everyone buys it from hobbyking or some random ebay-seller.
The info available is not good, and a group I follow on facebook say that there is a pc-program coming for programming it from the computer, so that's something to look out for!?
On that group I also read that the newest firmware do NOT support 8 channels, can anyone in here confirm that? I'm not installing a new firmware that degrades my controller, coz' I just love the nb4, and I do need at least 5 channels for my trx-6 and its servos.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:35 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Has anyone else got this to work?
Mine Is at 2.0.7.9.
Have it set for 8 channels.
Went to ibus and assigned channel 5-8 and got a message saying that it was successful .
Assigned buttons to each channel.
Even tried another ibus unit I had, but it still doesn't move a servo.
If I go to the screen that shows the servo movement it shows I have 8 channels and that it should be moving
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:30 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Try to rebind the receiver a couple times..
I had the same problem as you, but after rebinding the receiver a couple times it totally worked and have worked flawlessly ever since.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:53 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I tried rebinding a dozen times and it still wouldn't work for me. Tried going back to 4 channels, then binding in 6 and 8 with no luck. These are ones I had gotten with my flysky It4s, which are the same part number. I tried the It4s with the fs-cev04 and they work first try, so right now I'm completely baffled. Did they maybe change something with the new ones and keep the same part number?
Old 05-05-2020, 11:36 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druxus View Post
I tried rebinding a dozen times and it still wouldn't work for me. Tried going back to 4 channels, then binding in 6 and 8 with no luck. These are ones I had gotten with my flysky It4s, which are the same part number. I tried the It4s with the fs-cev04 and they work first try, so right now I'm completely baffled. Did they maybe change something with the new ones and keep the same part number?
Are they AFHDS-2A or AFHDS3 ?
Old 05-06-2020, 06:43 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy View Post
WOW, great video!!

I totally agree with you on the popular note. Almost everyone that I've shown my noble to has ended up ordering it. And since not one single hobbyshop here in Norway will sell it from their store everyone buys it from hobbyking or some random ebay-seller.
The info available is not good, and a group I follow on facebook say that there is a pc-program coming for programming it from the computer, so that's something to look out for!?
On that group I also read that the newest firmware do NOT support 8 channels, can anyone in here confirm that? I'm not installing a new firmware that degrades my controller, coz' I just love the nb4, and I do need at least 5 channels for my trx-6 and its servos.
Noticed you used the FTr10 Receiver on a TRX-6, did the receiver fit inside the trx waterproof receiver box? I'm looking for running the same setup for my TRX4, but really want to maintain some waterproof capabilities.
Zoqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:07 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Ok so I rebound the reciever about 30 times and it didn't work. I went and ordered a new fs-cev04 that actually said it was for the noble 8 channel. I guess I'll have to wait to see if there is a difference between the new ones and the old ones that came with the It4s. I'll report back when I get them in.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:38 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druxus View Post
Ok so I rebound the reciever about 30 times and it didn't work. I went and ordered a new fs-cev04 that actually said it was for the noble 8 channel. I guess I'll have to wait to see if there is a difference between the new ones and the old ones that came with the It4s. I'll report back when I get them in.
Are they AFHDS-2A or AFHDS3 ?
Old 05-07-2020, 07:40 PM   #35
RCC Addict

the IT4S gear will not work with this radio.

Follow this guys video and the CEV-04 will work.

Last edited by rockhugger; 05-07-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:26 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

The Fs-cev 04 that I got with my It4s has the same markings as that video. I have watched that video probably 10 times trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. The one I ordered looks like the 2 I already have with there same number on it. The one I ordered said it was for the noble 8 channel setup but it is still the same part number, everything looks the same.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:41 AM   #37
RCC Addict

When I bound mine, I did it with the CEV-04 plugged in to the I-bus port. The first time I missed a step, and had a similar issue.

I have also found that in the 2.079 software, at least on my radio, the steering wheel paddles and top knobs are actually mixed up. If you have assigned anything to these channels, check to see if the other channels are moving your servos.

Have you looked at the EPA for the given channel?
Old 06-07-2020, 02:10 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Ok I have a update. So i ordered a new Fs-Cev04 from China that said it was for the noble 8 channel upgrade and it just arrived. I plugged it in and assigned the channels in the ibus menu and everything works! Didn't even need to rebind the reciever. Maybe the new Fs-Cev04 has something else as far as electronics or firmware? I don't know I'm guessing.

New one on the left, old one on the right.
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2020, 10:07 PM   #39

The other thing you could try and do is reprogram the receiver, when you put the bind plug in you put it in the bind plug and channel 4 and reprogram rx in settings, I had to do that to bind my rx, don’t know if that works with the I bus setup tho, I’m waiting for mine
Dino21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:10 AM   #40

I run a couple rigs on my noble, Have any of you guys found that swItching models blanks the cev04? And have you found a way around that? Besides not switching models lol
Dino21 is offline   Reply With Quote

8 channels receiver for NB4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FlySky FS-NB4 - ambidextrous pistol grip soze Electronics 103 12-09-2021 09:31 AM
How many channels on receiver for MOA? 864runner Newbie General 7 09-28-2017 01:35 AM
How many channels.... super mud Newbie General 7 11-23-2008 06:36 PM
How many channels do they come in? yellowpasta2000 General Crawlers 1 11-07-2005 04:01 AM