Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Can the armature of a 35T Torquemaster be swapped?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Can the armature of a 35T Torquemaster be swapped?

Searching high and low but I’m not good enough to find the answer. In this case it’s a Holmes-specific question.
Can the armature of a 35T Torquemaster be swapped with, say, a 27T or 21T armature for the same size can?

The application is for a Sendero with HW1080 and stock gearing on 3S...everything is more or less currently stock from RTR. Lol, or something I haven’t yet built.

And here’s a gratuitous pic of the happy Sendero:
Attached Images

LincolnofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Can the armature of a 35T Torquemaster be swapped?

You can swap for other Torquemaster armatures. You can also upgrade from expert to pro just by changing the armature. Or downgrade, if you wanted to for some reason.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnofDeath View Post
Searching high and low but I’m not good enough to find the answer. In this case it’s a Holmes-specific question.
Can the armature of a 35T Torquemaster be swapped with, say, a 27T or 21T armature for the same size can?

The application is for a Sendero with HW1080 and stock gearing on 3S...everything is more or less currently stock from RTR. Lol, or something I haven’t yet built.

And here’s a gratuitous pic of the happy Sendero:
This photo is fascinating. What is that waterway all about?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:26 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The Crawlmaster and TorqueMaster use the same can and magnets so they are interchangeable.

https://holmeshobbies.com/motors/par...armatures.html

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

@bbrig and Voodoo—-excellent news and I saw the armatures listed over there at Holmes’ site. Having armature options is going to speed up my learning curve.

@smog—-that’s a straightened portion of the Colorado River looking from a trailer park in CA across at Riyadh’s in Saudi Arabia. Lol, no, those are just fancy second houses that are hardly ever occupied on the AZ side across from Needles.
A bunch of years ago the (Federal) Bureau of Reclamation dropped insane amounts of rock and gunnite along the river to channel the water between dams for expedited hydroelectric capacity and the water used by our arid western states. Across the river you can see how immense that dyke can be and how it looks like that for hundreds of miles where there used to seasonal flooding and innumerable sloughs and now unimaginable wildlife. In the crawler shot, that’s a rock jetty that had concrete poured over it ands it’s traction for days. It’s also a long way down end over end when I got cocky and stoppie-failed in this next pic and tumbled the truck down it completely submerged in a foot of water.

I took a break from various JRH armature searches and went down this Colorado River rabbit hole while visiting my folks. My grandad and I found an old steamboat mooring twenty years ago and I finally found something totally interesting about pre-dam and pre-railroad life on the Colorado River. Lots of my friends are Chemuevi and Mohave and there are interesting period references to related old world things in here, if you want to follow down a hole.
Cheers.

http://www.ansac.az.gov/UserFiles/PD...01852-1916.pdf

Yay for swappable armatures, Christmas is coming!
Attached Images

LincolnofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote