Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Battery for Warn Winch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2020, 07:26 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Battery for Warn Winch

All you noobs need to chill the frig out and lighten up a little. It's hard enough to draw people away from Facebook to have them use old school forums like this anymore, there isn't a need to be rude, act better than anyone, or just bring negativity at all.
Back in the day this forum was a bit different, some of you would have fit in and most of you would have been chewed up. That's not necessarily the case here today.
I get it, some people ask the most redundant questions. I've done it myself. Sometimes we're too wrapped up in our own heads to use 6 minutes of search bar... that doesn't justify forum police to arrive on scene and berate anyone.

There's an old saying the Yanks use, if you don't have anything nice to say then simply shut the **** up and go about your own awesome....
Or something like that.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2020, 08:07 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post
All you noobs need to chill the frig out and lighten up a little. It's hard enough to draw people away from Facebook to have them use old school forums like this anymore, there isn't a need to be rude, act better than anyone, or just bring negativity at all.
Back in the day this forum was a bit different, some of you would have fit in and most of you would have been chewed up. That's not necessarily the case here today.
I get it, some people ask the most redundant questions. I've done it myself. Sometimes we're too wrapped up in our own heads to use 6 minutes of search bar... that doesn't justify forum police to arrive on scene and berate anyone.

There's an old saying the Yanks use, if you don't have anything nice to say then simply shut the **** up and go about your own awesome....
Or something like that.
Well said! This place needs all the participation it can get!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunky View Post

Or something like that.
I am honestly sorry I didn't ask my original question with every detail laid out the way some would have liked.

My winch clearly states it is not 3s rated. I was looking for some additional weight in my chassis and thought an extra battery pack may be perfect.

I should have included that extra information in my original post. Also, it is not like I was asking a newb question as the winch manufacturer includes the hardware needed to connect it to an external pack. I was just curious what others have done.

Yes, I'm sure the question had been answered hundreds of times, but I wasn't finding the specific information I was looking for on the web.

Can we close this thread now? Question asked. Question answered.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
RCTechGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:23 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Hey bud no stress, we haven't yet begun to piss each other off with the " sprung vs un-sprung " weight debate.
No need to apologise. This place is full of years and years of historical knowledge.... unfortunately many of the original build threads got hosed when a few picture hosting servers have crashed, dumped and even disappeared throughout the years. Most of the info is still there in type, you just can't speed scan anymore.

Feel free to ask questions every time, it keeps this place going and draws us OG's back. Just act like you would on the trail and expect to be treated similarly.
Capiche ?
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Which Warn do you have? I've got one of the RC4WD ones (I think it's the 9.5cti) in my 2.2 Wraith that works great on 3s, though I don't use it that often. Maybe I'm wrong by using it with 3s!
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:49 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTechGuy View Post
Hello! I'm looking for a compatible battery for my Warn winch setup. A battery with Tamiya (standard) connector preferred. Also something small. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Tamiya plugs are getting harder to come by. I would personally either replace the connectors with deans or something like the xt60 plug. You could also look into making or buying an adapter if you are too worried about your soldering skills. You'll find yourself limited on the current you can draw through the Tamiya connection without melting it so you may want to factor that in.

If I'm not mistaken, there is an ignore button. Don't be afraid to use it.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote

Battery for Warn Winch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Servo winch or that super strong warn winch? CoolRunning Electronics 16 05-31-2019 08:44 PM
Battery to power my rc4wd warn winch trxrincon Electronics 1 07-04-2017 08:59 AM