Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum info needed.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Spektrum info needed.....

Okay I need a little guidance with Spektrum and losi BnD vehicles. I have quite a handful of losi brushless 2.4ghz micros that are BnD. My old Dx3R finally gave up for good and I need a replacement that works with all of them. I switched to Flysky and Futaba many many moons ago, so not up to snuff on Spektrum stuff anymore.

What I want is a new radio compatible with them. I believe the dx3r is DSM2, but according to Losi, the micro 2.4ghz is NOT compatible with DSMR or DSM2.... Anyone have insight on this? My DX3r has worked flawlessly with them for many years, so maybe I am wrong about it being DSM2. I just dont want to get a radio that doesnt work with them. So whos got a nice multi model radio theyre using for their micros and what is it. Thank you guys, appreciate it!!!
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2020, 07:22 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Spektrum info needed.....

It's a DSM2 radio that's backwards compatible with DSM, unfortunately the only radios that support DSM are the DX2 and DX3 series. Unless you happen to come across an early firmware DX4, but most have been updated which loses DSM compatibility.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Spektrum info needed.....

Ahh that makes sense. Well shoot, I will keep an eye out for which ones may work like that, appreciate it a lot. Thank you

EDIT: Okay Spoo, so after looking at the dx4 line it looks like both the DX4S and R are backwards compatible with DSM. BUT, like you said, if it has been updated it loses the DSM compatability and cannot be "downgraded" to older firmware!! Looks like they can be had for reasonable price so im going to see whats out there and try to confirm that it has not been updated lol. Thanks again buddy, that helps a lot!!!

Last edited by Joshs4x4toyz; 01-12-2020 at 09:40 PM.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Spektrum info needed..... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1:1 buggy info needed Wicked_Jester Chit Chat 19 05-22-2010 02:20 PM
12 to 12.5 WB info needed artsifrtsi Duratrax Cliff Climber 7 01-16-2010 04:55 PM
info needed busick Newbie General 2 01-05-2010 08:12 PM
info needed looneybin Newbie General 4 10-04-2006 04:01 PM