Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Upgrade Spektrum DX3C???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2020, 11:46 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Upgrade Spektrum DX3C???

So I've been teetering in RC for a while (Bashing all the way) and I'm debating on upgrading my transmitter (Spektrum DX3C). Over the years I've collected a Tamiya TT02, 3racing sakura XI sport touring car, Axial Yeti, Tekno SCT410.3, Team durango DEX210v1 roller, and on Friday will be receiving a Enduro Senduro. For all these cars I've had/will continue to have for some of them my transmitter. (I have used this transmitter from like 2013 and only have RTR transmitters to compare too)

As far as upgrading I would be looking to spend no more than $200, that's a pretty hard limit. So basically wondering if I should bother to upgrade my transmitter or stick with ol trusty and reliable?

My transmitter has given me zero problems, so that's nice. Really the only reason i'm considering upgrading is I keep seeing people with Futuba's and I don't think my transmitter will bind with the new DSMR receivers and hobby king is beginning to slack on the orange rx ones.
Aebous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2020, 10:59 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Upgrade Spektrum DX3C???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebous View Post
So I've been teetering in RC for a while (Bashing all the way) and I'm debating on upgrading my transmitter (Spektrum DX3C). Over the years I've collected a Tamiya TT02, 3racing sakura XI sport touring car, Axial Yeti, Tekno SCT410.3, Team durango DEX210v1 roller, and on Friday will be receiving a Enduro Senduro. For all these cars I've had/will continue to have for some of them my transmitter. (I have used this transmitter from like 2013 and only have RTR transmitters to compare too)

As far as upgrading I would be looking to spend no more than $200, that's a pretty hard limit. So basically wondering if I should bother to upgrade my transmitter or stick with ol trusty and reliable?

My transmitter has given me zero problems, so that's nice. Really the only reason i'm considering upgrading is I keep seeing people with Futuba's and I don't think my transmitter will bind with the new DSMR receivers and hobby king is beginning to slack on the orange rx ones.

I would suggest the flysky GT5 with 6 channels for 60-70 bucks. The receivers are like 15-20 bucks too.

https://www.amazon.com/Flysky-FS-GT5.../dp/B07B2SVQ3M
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

How many RCs do you run off of the DX3C?

What flavor of RXs are you running with that (DSM and/or DSM2)?

A Spektrium DX5C can be gotten for $100 with no RXs, and is compatible with DMS2 and DSMR RXs. With a DSMR RX it will run around $150.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:29 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
How many RCs do you run off of the DX3C?

What flavor of RXs are you running with that (DSM and/or DSM2)?

A Spektrium DX5C can be gotten for $100 with no RXs, and is compatible with DMS2 and DSMR RXs. With a DSMR RX it will run around $150.
6, give it take one RC. I believe they are of the dsm variety. I was also thinking of keeping this controller and having a second for my crawler with maybe another one or two receivers to split the cars up a little better so that friends/family can play as well.
Aebous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:48 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebous View Post
6, give it take one RC. I believe they are of the dsm variety. I was also thinking of keeping this controller and having a second for my crawler with maybe another one or two receivers to split the cars up a little better so that friends/family can play as well.
That is what I do. I have a DX5R and DC5C, and have them split between my RCs. This allows me to run two rigs at the same time.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote

Upgrade Spektrum DX3C??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
spektrum dx3c... need help lordjasper1988 Electronics 2 04-21-2012 06:18 PM