Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Looking for a multi-battery charger that charges via the balance leads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2020, 09:41 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Looking for a multi-battery charger that charges via the balance leads.

I have a small cell checker that will charge a battery via the balance leads when plugged into a power supply. I really like it because it's simple and easy for my son to use. Just plug the battery into the balance port and it magically charges the battery. He doesn't have to punch a bunch of buttons to make sure settings are correct like my big charger. I would like another one so he can charge two batteries at once but I don't really want another laptop power supply brick plugged in with the cable taking up a lot of desk space. If I could find a charger that would charge multiple batteries at the same time I could just plug into my existing laptop power supply that would be great. I limit my son to 2S and if I found such a thing all his RC stuff could charge off of it. His crawler batteries, the Slash batteries, and his drone batteries are all 2S with balance plugs. I saw one at hobby king but it only does 1S. If this was 2S it would be perfect.

There are some USB to 2 cell chargers that I could plug into a USB power brick. A little chintzy and have questionable quality but I guess it might work.

Any suggestions?
DeoreDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2020, 09:56 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Looking for a multi-battery charger that charges via the balance leads.

Why not go for a real dual charger like the SkyRC D100 ?
Charges faster and it comes with 2 pigtails wire to solder the plug you need.
You could charge 2 batteries super fast and it has all the security features like the balance charge and temp limits

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:58 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Looking for a multi-battery charger that charges via the balance leads.

Sorry didn't read the part about simple operation.

Technically, the D100 can be used with a software on your cellphone and printed QR codes.
You program the battery settings and then print the QR sticker which can be scanned to initiate the charge

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for a multi-battery charger that charges via the balance leads. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
charger that charges multiple packs? skybolt Electronics 7 02-16-2014 06:42 PM
Mystery B6 Li-po Battery Balance Charger BMFOTP Electronics 6 05-10-2009 05:27 PM