Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Receiver powering leds, maximum safe number of leds that can be plugged into one sock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2020, 06:58 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Receiver powering leds, maximum safe number of leds that can be plugged into one sock

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but I failed to find it.

Now if the receiver in my enduro can power a 25kg servo, I am making the assumption I can run 2 led light bars from one socket. On searching servo splitter cables they range from 2 to 8, now I am not stupid enough to expect a receiver (rtr version) to handle 2 or 3 servos, but I would think they might power 2 light bars, and maybe, the standard supplied headlights.

So does anyone know? Or should I just get a mini 7.4v LiPo to power all the leds? I am as confused by RC electrics as I am a cars, household is fine, so in my language, how many leds can I run on a multipoint extension lead before I should use another socket?

Hope this all makes sense, and I am aware that there are variables on this, I am just looking for general guidance and advice.

Element Sendero 1/10. Crawler/Trailer.
Scx24 crc. Crawler 1/24.
Wltoys a212. Shortcourse 1/24.
Wltoys k969. Drifty 1/28
Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2020, 07:36 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Receiver powering leds, maximum safe number of leds that can be plugged into one

leds dont pull much energy, i have ran 8 light pods and an led bar all on one stock rtr tactic receiver before, no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
midwest_rippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:41 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Receiver powering leds, maximum safe number of leds that can be plugged into one

Cool, thank you.

Scx24 crc. Crawler 1/24.
Wltoys k969. Drifty 1/28
Old 02-24-2020, 09:15 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i have seen leds over power the escs built in bec so if your already close the max amps your bec puts out it could cause a problem that 25kg servo will draw a bit of power how much i dont know usaly a glitch buster will help if your not too hard on the steering but a external bec would be better and probably cheaper

i think the real issue will be voltage some light bars run 12v some run 6v your esc usaly puts out between 5 and 6 volts and 2-3 amps so thats what your working with
if you can find the specs for those light bars that would help most likly you will be ok i say try it and see worst case you can unplug the lights till you can upgrade
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:23 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

What ESC and TX/RX are you running?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:24 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
What ESC and TX/RX are you running?

The rtr element enduro for now, will upgrade when I can, but for now that’s what I have. I will look up the names, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere it’s a hobbywing rebadged.

Scx24 crc. Crawler 1/24.
Wltoys k969. Drifty 1/28

Receiver powering leds, maximum safe number of leds that can be plugged into one sock - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scx24 esc/receiver leds & other newbie questions. Mr_Wolf_Is_Innocent Micro Scale Rigs 5 01-28-2020 09:30 AM
Will switching from 9V LEDs to 12V LEDs be brighter? BadRockNoCookie Electronics 5 11-04-2015 08:35 PM
Maximum safe number of LIPOs in a bag? 73bronco Electronics 5 05-08-2011 06:03 PM
Receiver LEDs and winch question Tom_Swanson Electronics 1 12-02-2010 05:16 PM