Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: SCX10ii Tactic system not working when 3rd channel is plugged in

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2020, 03:11 PM   #1

Default SCX10ii Tactic system not working when 3rd channel is plugged in

Hey crawlers! I added a two speed transmission to my SCX10ii which required a shift servo. I used the stock steering servo for the shift servo then bought a 20kg digital servo off of Amazon for steering. I’m running 3s LiPo, adjusted end points and all was well until I drove it for 5 minutes. The controls stopped working, the stock esc was blinking red. I charged my batteries, same problem. If I disconnect the 3rd channel on the rx, esc and steering work. If I plug in the 3rd channel, I get no power with a blinking esc.

I didn’t expect to need a BEC after reading reviews on Amazon but can that be the problem? My new and current esc is the Dynamite S2210 WP 60A esc, which compared to the stock AE-5 is an upgrade. Thanks for the help!
ShotCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2020, 03:39 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: SCX10ii Tactic system not working when 3rd channel is plugged in

The symptom you describe is a fairly common indicator of a bad servo.

Try unplugging the 2-speed servo from channel 3 and plug the steering servo in to channel 3. If the steering servo works when you operate channel 3 then channel 3 is good and in all probability the 2-speed servo is bad.

Did you set the end points for your 2-speed servo? If the end points are set beyond the actual amount the servo can physically move the servo continues to try and move causing the control board in the servo electronics to overheat and burn out 1 or more of the board components.

I forgot you are using the TacTic TX/RX system. I believe you need to re-calibrate the TX if you change servos or the ESC but can't remember for sure. Might be worth a try.

Last edited by nightcrawler48; 03-28-2020 at 03:46 PM.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:36 PM   #3

Default Re: SCX10ii Tactic system not working when 3rd channel is plugged in

Nightcrawler48, you nailed it with the servo. I didn’t even think to diagnose the servo

The tactic servo only lasted 5 short runs, terrible! Thank you so much for your help. Take care!
ShotCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10ii Tactic system not working when 3rd channel is plugged in - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tactic TTX300 3rd Channel Lights exedotbat Electronics 6 01-06-2019 11:42 AM
Tactic tx300 3rd channel for a winch RedlineMike Electronics 6 04-07-2018 09:05 AM
Tactic Tr325 3rd channel set failsafe position? Major Clod Electronics 1 01-29-2018 02:08 PM