Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Keeping ESC Mounted on Axial Yeti XL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2020, 10:15 AM   #1

Default Keeping ESC Mounted on Axial Yeti XL

Having issues keeping ESC Mounted on The Mounting point.Will Large,Velcro keep it attached, Or anyone have any other ideas?Any feedback will be greatly appreciated
1reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2020, 10:20 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Keeping ESC Mounted on Axial Yeti XL

i used zip ties been like that since i got it
its ziptied too the esc mount that screws to th3 top of the reciver box
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:40 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I use a thin double sided sticky foam tape from 3m. As long as both sides are clean before putting it on i.v never had had anything come loose, even being submerged.
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:47 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druxus View Post
I use a thin double sided sticky foam tape from 3m. As long as both sides are clean before putting it on i.v never had had anything come loose, even being submerged.
No matter what you use for double-sticky medium, nothing will work unless both sides are clean. No matter if the part is new or used, I always clean both sides with isopropyl alcohol. Typically I do not have a problem with ESCs coming loose.

Mounting surface is also important, both sides have to have enough surface area to keep them attached.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:35 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I prefer velco over any sort of tape. The glue on it adheres about as well as any tape, but there is just enough give in the connection between the halves that it stays in put a lot better and doesn't shake itself loose. It also gives a bit of impact absorbion so that the esc isn't jolted every time you land a jump. It also makes changing electronics between vehicles very simple. We always put a big chunk of the hook side down on the chassis and then all electronics get the loop side. Makes it easy to setup vehicles or move ESC/radios between different vehicles.

Bonus of it is that if it ever does come undone, it is very easy to place it back down in place.
robert@castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:12 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I have my Mamba Monster X mounted on the front of the Bowhouse battery tray for the TRX-4. My tray being an older one it is 3D printed, not the newer injection molded type. I tried every type of velcro I could get my hands on here including 3M, two types, and genuine Velcro brand but none would stick well to the 3D printed part. I tried lightly sanding to make it smoother and cleaning with alcohol but every time I removed the ESC the velcro bond was always stronger than the adhesive to the battery tray.

Finally gave up and used cable ties routed under the fan of the ESC. It keeps it in place and the cost of replacement is less than the cost of replacing the velcro.

If you have a nice smooth surface the velcro will most likely work fine but there's more than one way to skin a cat.

~more facts, logic and personal responsibility would make the world a far better place than all the leftist ideas could dream of.
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:02 AM   #7

Thank you All for the Helpful advice..
1reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #8

My ESC is got a orange light and the thing doesn't move any advice it's a yeti

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
ryanhall8028 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keeping ESC Mounted on Axial Yeti XL - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Yeti Score Motor/ESC Upgrade - Need Help JustMakingTea Axial Yeti 1 03-07-2018 01:14 PM
Axial Yeti 1/10: Help choosing Motor & Esc please jpt145 Electronics 4 12-22-2015 10:37 AM
Programming help with the yeti XL axial ESC help? Hpiman74 Electronics 9 12-09-2015 09:59 PM
Best sensorless esc combo for Axial Yeti Basherman61 Newbie General 6 07-25-2014 01:24 PM