Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New ESC from Carisma: ARC-2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2020, 01:34 PM   #21

Default Re: New ESC from Carisma: ARC-2

I think I see 32KHz drive frequency on that chart?
Doesn't the 1080 only do 16KHz?
That's super high if true... There must be some other form of trade-off to get that high of a switching frequency.

I'm new to this whole drive frequency stuff... I'm more looking for brushless, but the trailmaster BLE is discontinued and the only other ESC I can find with 16K isn't waterproof (XErun XR10), so I might end up going brushed. (I want a quiet truck)

EDIT: Dangit, I was going to buy one on RPP... I had it in my cart, then someone bought it while I was looking at pinions... Out of stock!

Last edited by user unrelated; 04-23-2020 at 01:42 PM.
user unrelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2020, 02:57 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Arc2 came in today! Well see if I get time to Install it tonight and get some feedback on it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
TIREBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:35 AM   #23

They ended up coming back in stock at RPP, and I bought one for me, and one for my girlfriend.

I installed them late last week. Stock Titan in my gf's TRX4 sport, and a Holmes trailmaster sport 21T in my 2-speed model.
I haven't bought anything other than super high end buggy racing electronics in a long time... so I may just be a bit spoiled by the pristine presentation those usually give. The wire is pretty low strand, and the conformal coating is all gooped over the wires for about an inch after they exit the case... It looks and feels gross to me, but if it works, then I won't complain.

Also, the board doesn't seem very securely pressed against the top plate. I am unsure how the FETs are thermally connected to the aluminum, I'd assume some of the standard soft thermal pad... I'd be concerned about dust and sand getting caught up in there if the board is moving around. Maybe I'll open it up and fill it with silicone?
Also, I think I see some FETs on the bottom of the board? I'd hope those are for reverse...

Again, this is the opinion of someone who hasn't bought a motor or ESC that costs less than $100 in like 4 years. I was using an LRP TC spec ESC and a 21.5T racing motor in my rig before I got these... I just had them lying around.

The good news is that the 32KHz frequency is DEAD silent. My girlfriend has some hearing issues, and is super sensitive to the 3-8KHz frequency range, so the standard frequency of other ESC's were driving her mad. She just started trailing with me 2 weeks ago (Got her first rig!), so very quickly she begged me to find a solution.
I almost got some 1080's, but they only go to 16KHz. I'm more sensitive to higher frequencies (Boy am I glad TV's don't have flyback transformers anymore), so I was excited to see a frequency that I just physically couldn't hear if I tried.

We haven't gotten the chance to test them out on the trail yet, as we adopted a dog on Saturday, so... it might be a while.

Last edited by user unrelated; 05-04-2020 at 05:44 AM.
user unrelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:03 PM   #24

I have one in my HPI Venture. It's been working great. I like how the wires come out the side instead of the top. It's like an upgraded 1080 with a better drag brake.
KodeKraft is offline   Reply With Quote

New ESC from Carisma: ARC-2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carisma ESC,its adjustable. Frank211 Electronics 12 11-26-2019 12:09 PM
Carisma GT ESC bulldog0407 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 0 11-04-2014 03:00 PM
Project ARC LIGHT Googledit 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 01-29-2014 07:21 PM
ARC vs MIG Welders RCCrawlerTT Tools, and Procedures 21 05-01-2007 06:43 PM