RCC Addict

Default Check these outrunners out?

Team Brood outrunner motors.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2020, 09:10 PM   #2

Default Re: Check these outrunners out?

Interesting. Not sure why he's bothering with those motors. With as much power and smoothness, oh and quietness, you can get from a standard brushless motor I'm not sure why people want outrunners. I tried it and moved on real quick.

I don't think Eddie posts on here much anymore. If he does I haven't seen it. He used to be more active on here.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:23 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Since i know nothing about outrunners , i would think that the 900kv would be the smallest of those motors. Nope. Of course someone will chime in to my comment.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:35 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Don’t outrunners have 2-3x more poles?
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 02:41 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Looks like a HH revolver clone .....
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:52 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I don't mind them, yeah they make more noise but I have found some times it is nicer to be able to have a motor that doesn't require a sensor lead attatched. I have 2 in my tank, which wiring is a mess anyway with 2 motors, 2 speed controls, a MFU, sound board, and all the wiring that goes to the turret to control up and down, rotate, and fire controls. Have another in my Capo jkmax, just getting the regular motor wires in the faux engine was a pain. Didn't feel liked trying to snake a balance lead in as well. The noise is definitely lessened if you turn off drag brake if you don't need it with the aux feature on the mamba x.
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:21 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Interesting. Not sure why he's bothering with those motors. With as much power and smoothness, oh and quietness, you can get from a standard brushless motor I'm not sure why people want outrunners. I tried it and moved on real quick.

I don't think Eddie posts on here much anymore. If he does I haven't seen it. He used to be more active on here.
I like the uniqueness and experience of running something different. Which is why I went with an Element for my C1 build instead of something I knew better, like a TRX4 or Axial. I wanted to get experience with outrunners on this build, but HH has been out of 1800kv Revolvers forever. I'll see if I can pick up one of these Brood motors, drop it in the Element, and see what it can do.

...and yes, I know HH has snub-nosed Revolvers, but those are only meant for rigs up to about six pounds. My Element, with its hard body, is a big girl at over 9lbs.

Last edited by Greatscott; 04-26-2020 at 09:24 AM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
I like the uniqueness and experience of running something different. Which is why I went with an Element for my C1 build instead of something I knew better, like a TRX4 or Axial. I wanted to get experience with outrunners on this build, but HH has been out of 1800kv Revolvers forever. I'll see if I can pick up one of these Brood motors, drop it in the Element, and see what it can do.

...and yes, I know HH has snub-nosed Revolvers, but those are only meant for rigs up to about six pounds. My Element, with its hard body, is a big girl at over 9lbs.

That's exactly why I tried the Revolver - for something new and different. It just turned out to be not for me I guess.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:47 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post

Yeah the Jk max weighs in it 15lbs and that revolver motor moves it easy and stays cool.
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #10
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
Not clones

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:15 PM   #11
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:

I think it's because the uneducated masses follow what the internet tells them works.

I watched some outrunners a few weekends ago. It was like listening to turbo lag then watching them launch.

Got a couple on the way to try in a scaler I'm building though.

Old 04-26-2020, 08:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_yeti View Post
Team Brood has been around for a long, long time. I know lots of people, including lots of members on this site, are unaware of this. They have made racing motors for decades - since the brushed racing days in the 80's. They have no reason to clone products. In fact, that would ruin their reputation.

Brood and Holmes are surely going to make directly competing products, but I'd be shocked out of my mind if either one ever sold cloned products. They're both at the top of their game and that is RC motors so they have nothing to win with cloned products and everything to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I think it's because the uneducated masses follow what the internet tells them works.

I watched some outrunners a few weekends ago. It was like listening to turbo lag then watching them launch.

Got a couple on the way to try in a scaler I'm building though.

It takes me a while to believe in hype, but I sure got sucked in by it with outrunners. I'm not trying to push around 10 pound rigs though. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on them.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:15 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Torque monsters. I've used them in custom builds where I can't gear down as low as I'd like.

I've got an older Holmes outrunner bolted to an AX2 ready to go for my SMT10. Lowish RPM, insane torque... exactly what I want for a monster truck.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 07:31 AM   #14
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
It takes me a while to believe in hype, but I sure got sucked in by it with outrunners. I'm not trying to push around 10 pound rigs though. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on them.
Ya I was a bit shocked seeing the blow up of outrunners all of a sudden it seemed. But then again I took it for the value that FB attracts lol. Not knocking any ones personal preference, Im just a brushed guy for life unless Im racing go fast buggies.

Ive got a 1300 and 1100 coming and a 28mm 1300 to try. My scaler's shooting around the 6/7 pound mark so gonna try them all in that and see what works best for it.

I dont believe he is gonna have all the motors he listed in the line up. These are more to see what peoples input is on them and find what the public thinks are the better ones to carry. He's really doing his research to find the best options for everyone, its alot of R&D and $$ bringing in all these motors.

Last edited by Robbob; 04-27-2020 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I rarely post here anymore simply because the forum was not leading to many sales or the like.....I also grew tired of the politics and the comments like above of a cloned product....I didn't clone anything. Simply a new motor type that I have not previously sold....that is sold by countless RC companies, just for a different use. There sure is a strange view of what is and what is not a clone or the like....or even that of a stolen idea....

As I have said before, many times....I am not a fan of outrunners really, but after having customers ask for one for years, I finally decided to look into one to appease the only one who really matters, my customers. The company I work with for my brushless products makes some for airplanes. I was able to use preexisting parts they had to get some test samples, said test samples worked well. This is batch 2, where we have made some new KV motors, along with some changes to our magnets and different stator steel.

And Brood started in 2003......I was in junior high in the late 80s....while I have been into RC cars since I got my first one in 1987, not sure I would qualify as Brood being around since the 80s.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
I rarely post here anymore simply because the forum was not leading to many sales or the like.....I also grew tired of the politics and the comments like above of a cloned product....I didn't clone anything. Simply a new motor type that I have not previously sold....that is sold by countless RC companies, just for a different use. There sure is a strange view of what is and what is not a clone or the like....or even that of a stolen idea....

As I have said before, many times....I am not a fan of outrunners really, but after having customers ask for one for years, I finally decided to look into one to appease the only one who really matters, my customers. The company I work with for my brushless products makes some for airplanes. I was able to use preexisting parts they had to get some test samples, said test samples worked well. This is batch 2, where we have made some new KV motors, along with some changes to our magnets and different stator steel.

And Brood started in 2003......I was in junior high in the late 80s....while I have been into RC cars since I got my first one in 1987, not sure I would qualify as Brood being around since the 80s.

Later EddieO
Getting down to brass tax.... Are these going to be made available to the public, and if so, when do you think we'll be able to get our grubby paws on them?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post

Later EddieO
Sorry, that's my fault. I thought your business was around longer than that. Still, 17 years in business says a lot.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 04-27-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Check these outrunners out? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Outrunners in the VTH cooperDG123 Vaterra Twin Hammers 11 11-07-2013 06:21 PM
Outrunners monkeyracing Tamiya XC/CC01 8 03-31-2013 06:11 PM
Outrunners? Jeepkid Axial XR10 28 10-12-2010 03:09 PM
Big outrunners with what? Brainstain General Crawlers 12 03-18-2008 03:26 PM
new giant outrunners! microgoat Electronics 11 11-01-2005 08:42 PM