RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Wireless LED Light Connector (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/617703-wireless-led-light-connector.html)

JatoTheRipper 04-27-2020 04:26 PM

Wireless LED Light Connector

I haven't tried this personally so don't shoot the messenger.

Some guy on Facebook stated that he is using this simple and inexpensive wireless "charger" to wirelessly connect the LED lights on his body to the power source on the truck. It's not the smallest item, but it is cheap.

https://www.seeedstudio.com/Wireless...2V-p-1913.html

https://static-cdn.seeedstudio.site/...6990018201.jpg

QuesoDelDiablo 04-27-2020 05:36 PM

Re: Wireless LED Light Connector

Hmm, a very interesting idea. Every once in a while the FB farm churns a good idea, not frequently, but once in a while. Maybe this is one of those..

I might just go over and dig into that a bit. What group did you find it in?

Raguvian 04-27-2020 05:37 PM

That's a good idea! I've been putting off putting LEDs in my body because during a crash the body flies away from the chassis and I don't want any wiring to rip loose.

JSterrett 04-27-2020 09:01 PM

That's really cool...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

soze 04-27-2020 09:58 PM

Looks like a cool idea, but does it really offer much benefit over making connectors that come into contact with each other when the body mounts (whether it be at the body posts or somewhere else)? I could be misunderstanding the intention but... just curious that's all.

JatoTheRipper 04-28-2020 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo (Post 6017664)
Hmm, a very interesting idea. Every once in a while the FB farm churns a good idea, not frequently, but once in a while. Maybe this is one of those..

I might just go over and dig into that a bit. What group did you find it in?

It was an SCX10 III group I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 6017717)
Looks like a cool idea, but does it really offer much benefit over making connectors that come into contact with each other when the body mounts (whether it be at the body posts or somewhere else)? I could be misunderstanding the intention but... just curious that's all.

I think it's just for the lazy, like myself, that want to plop the body onto the truck like normal instead of having to remember to manually connect and disconnect another connector.

Greatscott 04-28-2020 07:59 AM

That is really cool, and puts my "wireless" connection to shame.

I do have a couple of questions about it...

1. How much loss is there? It is just using induction to transfer the power, but your source always has to be higher than your desired output. Plus, range between the two pads has a lot to do with it.

2. I am assuming the parasitic loss isn't that much, but it would be interesting to know how much power is being consumed vs the output to the LEDs.

3. How close do they need to be mounted?

4. Are there any interference issues with the TX/RX?

Steve g 04-28-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatscott (Post 6017782)
That is really cool, and puts my "wireless" connection to shame.

I do have a couple of questions about it...

1. How much loss is there? It is just using induction to transfer the power, but your source always has to be higher than your desired output. Plus, range between the two pads has a lot to do with it.

2. I am assuming the parasitic loss isn't that much, but it would be interesting to know how much power is being consumed vs the output to the LEDs.

3. How close do they need to be mounted?

4. Are there any interference issues with the TX/RX?

It says 5mm in the description as for max distancing for it to work. And i was wondering these other questions too when I saw this last night. Which lead me to really look at the specs, but no info on amps drawn, only output amps.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

JatoTheRipper 04-28-2020 09:11 AM

I can't answer the questions, but I can share the photo he posted.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3f&oe=5ECFB3B7

I hate to link to FB, but it's only right to share the source of the photo.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

QuesoDelDiablo 04-28-2020 09:44 AM

That's very kind of you to link to the FB post when their site has flat-out banned any mention of this site.

Szczerba 04-28-2020 09:57 AM

Will go great with my bluetooth driveshafts.

soze 04-28-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szczerba (Post 6017817)

Does that give you a ton of clearance with the actual shaft not being needed? :lmao:

soze 04-28-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6017764)

I think it's just for the lazy, like myself, that want to plop the body onto the truck like normal instead of having to remember to manually connect and disconnect another connector.

No, I meant that I remember some people have used positive negative terminals at the body posts to just what you're describing. Drop the body on and it's powered.

I myself have bought the Boom Racing connector kit for the SCX10.2, but I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet.

JatoTheRipper 04-28-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 6017840)
No, I meant that I remember some people have used positive negative terminals at the body posts to just what you're describing. Drop the body on and it's powered.

I myself have bought the Boom Racing connector kit for the SCX10.2, but I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet.

Oh sorry. No, I don't think this has any benefit over those other options except this is cheap.

2mtech 04-28-2020 12:17 PM

It strikes me how few good things have ever followed the statement "Some guy on FB stated" lol. This is somewhat interesting. What's really simple and effective is dispensing with fiddly lights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szczerba (Post 6017817)

:lmao::lmao:

Do you have to use synthetic air for proper lubrication?

Greatscott 04-28-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2mtech (Post 6017851)
It strikes me how few good things have ever followed the statement "Some guy on FB stated" lol. This is somewhat interesting. What's really simple and effective is dispensing with fiddly lights.

:lmao::lmao:

Do you have to use synthetic air for proper lubrication?

Don't talk crap about synthetic air buddy, I had to breath that for months at a time why I was submerged. :razz:

Although, the "lubrication" part normally followed the "Chef's surprise" midrats meal.